• Where's the proof that it's bad?

No one cares if Undertale has bad graphics. I didn't hear you guys complaining about Fnaf's death minigames which were way worse than Undertale graphics. Plus, in all the games that are labelled "real games" according to haters are when you either have to kill and slaughter monsters without a single thought of regret. This is why gaming has such a negative view on social media. Furthermore, installing each monster with a personality is one of the most unique things Toby Fox could've created. And the only other thing that is more unique and better for the game is the option to SPARE. So why is Undertale getting any hate at all?

• Words can not explain

The SOundtrack is fun and peppy! And the whole thing of, YOU DON'T NEED TO KILL EVERYTHING, as opposed to games where you: KILL EVERYTHING OR DIE! Plus loveable characters, the humor (Even though Sans puns could use some more work) and the moments of cuteness and rage, is everything (Almost) I'd want in a game.

• B b b

V vv v v v v cv v. V v v v. V v v v v cv v v v v v v v v v v. V v v v v v veg v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v

• Can you just play it?

I just bought undertale and it is amazing. The soundtracks make me cry. I DO agree with the idea that the graphics are not the best, but it's part of its characteristic now. It's simple design is actually quite nice. It is the best rated game on steam right now, along with portal, and I understand it. ... You are full with determination. Save? Yes<3 No

• Can you just play it?

• Undertale is amazing.

Undertale is amazing not only for it's lore, but it's purpose as well. When MatPat (Host for Game Theory) met with the pope, he gave him a copy of Undertale for it's significance. Undertale is a game where you have the power to choose how to progress the game. Just for that reason, it is by far one of the best games ever made.

• Lol this is a good game

Lol it a great game i am 4 pls let mpe play tomorrow daddy i wanna die pls i love undertale i want to and i completly love it and please daddy . I want to play more but you wont let me i will cry i watch it .

• Everything about undertale is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Undertale is a great game. All the characters are unique and have different ways to make friends with them, the graphics may be bad, BUT NO ONE CARES, it makes it seem old. The soundtrack makes you dance and sticks into your head. During the Genocide route,, everything gets so sad and intense, you can see that the boss fights get harder, including the final boss, Undyne, and Mettaton. Over all Undertale is an amazing game, I think its totally worth the 10$ on Steam.

• Undertale: Controversial and Subjective

I believe that this argument about Undertale being bad or good is totally subjective. People who believe Undertale is "Cancer cancer cancer cancer" have never played it nor experienced it first hand, people who say it is "UNDERTALE is an AMAZING GAME!!!" have probably never played it before, either and just want to spark an argument. It is completely up to you whether you like it or not. Most people have just used the game to complain about what they hate about the fanbase, and when they did complain, they had vague answers and bad examples. The point is, I like Undertale, other people may not share the same interest in it that I do and that's okay.

So please for the love of everything, if you don't like Undertale, please stop taking out your anger on people with different interests and GET A LIFE.

• UNDERTALE is an AMAZING GAME!!!

I love undertale, it's a great game and I say you should give it a chance. It shows you that good and bad things can happen due to your actions. For exsample; The genocide route is full of choices. Will you kill and erase this world? Or will you go pasafist and make friends with everyone you see. I honestly would choose Pasifist.

• Undertale is not good at all

Bad graffics, bad history, bad jokes and extremely boring but decent music and great final. Play the whole game it's very harmful, hearing the same stupid jokes for 14 age old players other and other and other time. The best is the final scene in neutral mode, but the game it's a holy crap.

• I swear go play undertale right now!

This game is awesome! The characters, the soundtrack, story, and, just, EVERYTHING! AND NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE GRAPHICS! I think the graphics are okay. When I saw undertale, I intantly got hooked on the game and found all the fanart. And the fanbase is huge! I can go on the internet and talk to billions of other people who like undertale!

• Underwhelming and undeserving.

I got undertale before the hype train came crashing through due to a friends recommendation.I played it twice, once neutral and once peaceful and i was planning initially to do all 3 routes but i coulnd't be ask to trudge through it a 3rd time. Not even going into the brain dead coding and the time and funding that seems to have gone mostly in tobys ass ,undertale is by all means NOT an rpg but rather a short "adventure" game and a very shallow one at that. The idea that undertale is the first game that allows you to go about not killing anyone is simply false from arcanum to planescape torment, swat 4, deus ex, shin megame tesnsei games almost all stealth games and so on and so forth all allowed you to go about it non-lethaly.The ACT system is simply a joke, comprised of 2 or 3 option wich choosing the wrong one or failing has no consequence not that you would fail as its allways painfully obvious what you need to click. The only midly interesting gameplay aspect is the bullet hell dodging mechanic, wich can be very entertaining at times but more often than not it devolves to trial and error as oppose to actual mastery of the mechanic. The other mechanics are simply used and tossed, you do them once and never see them again in the game.Toby seemed to want to avoid grinding but he sacrifices depth and consistancy for that, and still there is a large amount of grinding as most of the boss fights are dodge bullets for 10 min until something happens or until you take their life bar to 0, and this is especially noticable in the genocide route as i did actualy start it but didn't bother taking it beyond the ruins. The characters are i would like to say stereotypes but they act more like caricatures with a lethal dose of memes injected into them. The "dating" is simply short scenes chocked full with hit and miss jokes and if you are lucky a bit of character exposition.Its also note worthy the graphical style is not very consistant , i kind of expected a bit of difference due to the fact there where different artists but these characters look like they are from completly different games. The music, i wont dwell too much on it since it is something very subjective, but the tunes were rather generic only a couple standing out to me, and there is also this strange switching through out of the musical styles from chip tune to a more clean sound.The ending i wont spoil too much, but it made me cringe, especially the pacifist one and its based pretty much entirely on a deus ex machina. Overall undertale isn't a bad game, but it is a below average one, wich is why its rise in popularity boggles my mind.

• The Apple 2 called...

It wants its game back!! This game has awful soundtrack, awful graphics, and stupid gameplay. For the same money I could get a pack of cards and play freaking solitaire and have a better time than this. Fortunately I paid exactly what it was worth. I got it on the pirate bay!! Lol

• Undertale is for...Kids?!

In my opinion undertale is funny, cute, but a bit dark...I mean kids play it! It's good because it can teach both kids and adults how their decisions effect the world around them...Even genocide!!! The bad part is it's showing children evil things such as murder, genocide, and losing friends in which children shouldn't have to make such difficult decisions until later life!!

• It is overated

I don't know how this game became so famous so quickly, but it doesn't deserve it's popularity. The characters are annoying, the story is confusing, and the game just isn't what people say it is. People talk about how it's the greatest game ever when is just not. When playing it feels thrown together and lazy.

• Undertale is not good at all

• More like BlunderFail

Undertale does NOT deserve the praise it gets. It's made up of terrible cliché's. The characters? Cliché's. The environment? Cliché's( and very bland) The fighting style is just another genre of game, crammed into a small section. The genre itself is overdone and clichéd. There's nothing original or interesting. Undertale is defiantly worth a pass.

Posted by: Keix
  • Undertale is Unoriginal, has Generic Music, Repetitive, and most of all: Has a Superficial Story.

Undertale is the most overrated game I have seen yet. The music is like any other, only a few in the game actually seem worthwhile. The game mechanic of "dodging" is clearly so limited and repetitive you will have to be either so immersed into the "story" or be easily entertained by anything.
    Finally, the "story." I need space for this because this is what really makes the game so overrated. The concept of killing demons or sparing them in a game is unique indeed. However, it focuses on manipulating superficial feelings. It does not actually explore much other concepts and simply sets up the game for its clear target audience: 8-16 year-olds. Rarely does it develop characters reasonably unless they were to be put into the most ephemeral dangers that can be easily forgettable. The fans also contribute to making this game seem "great" by repeatedly commenting the same thing: "The game has the best story ever!!!" Placebo effect then causes other to spew the same nonsense and overrate the game even further.

Undertale is a waste of time and money. If you want something like it, look for it's inspiration instead: Shin Megami. But if you want a story not praised , please find a book or a movie like, say, Inception.

I'm tired of the delusional praising the mediocre.

• It is the worst game ever made!

I hate the game, it's awful in every aspect... I would rather play Superman 64. The soundtrack is bad, the gameplay is bad, the graphics are bad, it looks like the first Legend Of Zelda... Yet it is still horrendous. Either way I will stick to superior games like Battlefront and The Witcher 3