Do you think unsupervised work-release programs that send inmates daily to work and then back to prison are a good idea?

• They can pay.

Yes, I think that unsupervised work-release programs that send inmates daily to work and then back to prison are a good idea, because they have to find a way to pay for jail. People who are given work release are told to pay a portion of that to pay for their keep at the jail. This is good economics for the taxpayers.

• Yes, I believe they help with the reintroduction into society.

If an inmate is going to be released or up for parole I believe they should spend a year being slowly reintroduced into society before they are finally released. This can be accomplished by work-release programs. These programs help the inmate acclimate to the outside world while also getting valuable work experience. I believe these programs will help lower the recidivism rate.

• Yes, unsupervised work-release programs can be a good idea.

Yes, unsupervised work programs where inmates are sent daily to work and return to prison can be a great thing. It allows the inmate to demonstrate responsibility by actually having a job. It also helps them get acclimated to civilian life so they aren't as lost when they do eventually get out of prison.

• No They Aren't

I do not support programs that allow inmates to leave for unsupervised work-release only to return at the end of the day. If these people can be trusted to do this, then they don't belong in jail or prison. I think community service should be utilized as a punishment instead.