Do you think violence, rather than sexuality, should be the main criterion for giving a film a stricter rating?

• Yes, violence in films merit tougher ratings

Somehow, hardcore gore, violence, and gruesome behavior seem to slip by the wayside during the rating process. As a result, movies become increasingly graphic to remain competitive and fresh. The entire rating system needs an overhaul to better convey the film's violent content so viewers, particularly parents, can make wise choices.

• Violence Stricter Rating

I personally think that violence rather than sexuality should be the main criterion for giving a film a stricter rating because of the inappropriate violence of the film. I personally think that violence rather than sexuality because sexuality is inappropriate but it is not as bad as violence and it can affect the society.

• No way .

I am 19 and even when I am 50, I will be embarassed watching sex scenes with my parents. I could care less about violence in movies, that does not affect me. But I t is EXTREMELY awkward to watch sexuality with my parents and they don't express this enough in ratings. They should not just say "sexual content" or "nudity" because that is not specific enough. I can deal with watching someone's ass, but when they show full blown fucking and dicks and boobs, that is NOT ok. They really should use a 1-10 rating scale for how strong the nudity in the film is. I hope this changes but it probably won't because the government wants this. Have you noticed how much has changed on TV in just a few years? They used to have to wait till 11 to play inappropriate content and cursing on TV now it's 9, I think. Most kids are still up at 9 o'clock at night. Soon, they'll be playing it all day long. It's just really embarrassing, not just for kids, but for anyone watching a film with their family.

• Both violence and sexuality are equal in movie ratings.

People should be made aware by the ratings a movie gets. If it got a PG-13 and parents sent their kinds to see it only to find out later it hard some explicit sex scenes I'm sure they would be upset. Seeing some ones head cut off versus a very graphic sex scene are one in the same.

• All elements are important.

No, I do not think that violence, rather than sexuality, should be the main criterion for giving a film a stricter rating, because both of these factors, along with language, are important to deciding what a film's rating ought to be. It is important to consider all of the adult content, because parents might be concerned about different things.

• No it should not

No, people, and kids, do not get affected a whole lot by violence. It is seen as really bad to parents though if a kid sees a lot of sex acts on a film, and this just comes from how the parents see things, and what their views are on this.