• Absolutely they can.

It is a biological fact that woman are the weaker gender in regards to physical strength and endurance (or at least generally, i will admit that individually there are woman who are physically stronger, same as some men are physically weaker )

That being said, if woman can meat the same minimum standards that male firefighters already have to meet then they should be allowed to be included into the position as well. However, if she cannot meet this minimum standard then that puts not only her life, but the lives of innocents and even the rest of her colleagues at risk.

Recap- If they can meat the qualifications then they deserve the job

• Women should be firefighters!!!

I think that women should be firefighters because women's are more mature then men. Also women's are really strong and they are very intelligent. They can also do the same thing as men can do. They also can put out fire, and they can learn and do things quicker then men. They also pass quizzes and test.

• Why women SHOULD be firefighters

Women should be firefighter's because they have work so hard there whole life to just give up now!! They should fight so that they can help the guy firefighter's fight in fires i think that all people should be treated the same.Women should have the same rights as men do.

• Say yes to firefighter womans

I think woman should be able to be a firefighter because every one is created the same every one is strong in different ways and every one is helpfull on something. Woman are potential and i think they should be a firefighter because i think they have what is needed to be a firefighter that is strength,not to be scared,and to use their brain wisely.

• Why women should be firefighters

Women should be firefighters because they are really strong and they are
    very inteligent . They can do the same thing the men can do. The women can put out fires, and they can learn and do things quicker. They can do quizzes faster and pass test. They can even help people just like the men can.

• Why women should be firefighters

• Yes we can

Women can be firelighters. Because women can be stronger than some man and smarter. I beleave that women can achieve anything if they put there mind to it! That's why women should be fire fighters. Alot of women try harder than men. Other man are just lazy. Most women do all the work while men just sit there on there behind.

• No they are not strong.

Girls cannot be firefighters because they are not as athletic as boys are . Plus they cant be in heat because they cant handle it.If they end up being a firefighter they will end up spreading it more because they don`t know how to stop it. They cant carry the supplies to stop it.

• Let's go women

Women can be firefighters because ,first of all women have waited all these years to vote which we can now .Women have actually waited more times than we can count. Women are way smarter then men and they can get the job done in less time then a man can.

• Women should be firefighters

Women should be fire fighters because they meat can have more heart than men women can out do man and women and they can be a big help buy driving the fire figher truck and by puting the fire holes can get every body out of the house and they can be the chef of the and they can fix on the truck and the y can help the dog get healthy and tech them to rescue people

• Women are equals in life, however women are not as physically strong as men. This puts the men in the fire service at risk.

There are many potential emergencies which may occur in the fire service. It only takes that one factor to make the scenario impossible for a woman to accomplish and that jeopardizes the entire mission and the entire crew. If the firefighter was your family, would you want a woman covering his back in an emergency?

• Not a chance in hell

To the women that claim that they can be a firefighter in some or most conditions....Why don't you ruin another industry. This one requires men to be willing and able to do what it takes for that 100th percentile. Not just some of the time. But when it comes to special treatment you want that ALL of the time.

• NO! NO! NO! And NO!

I work as a full time firefighter at a station that houses only two people. My partner is a female. She can not use Jaws, she can not move a charged hoseline by herself, and there is no way she could ever pull anyone out of a fire. Just because you wear a firefighter uniform, that does not mean you are a firefighter. Strength is what is needed, and females just are not strong enough. Sorry ladies just stating the truth.

• It's not a matter of whether they can do the job or not...

If a woman firefighter can OUTPERFORM all of the other male applicants, then sure, let her become a firefighter. But unfortunately for all you feminists, tt doesn't matter whether the woman can pass the physical exam, written exam, or even the interviews. What matters is which individuals can perform these tasks the BEST. And I can guarantee you that for every woman firefighter out there, there was a man who could have performed the job better but was not hired because he HAD a penis. You can tell me that a woman can do the job, but you cannot tell me that a woman can do the job better, that would just be ridiculous.

• Woman are incapable

Woman are slower, weaker and more emotional than men. I wouldnt trust my life in the hands of three woman as much as I would 1 man. I don't know a single Woman that can do 25 burpees with full bunkers and and scba( which was just a warm up in my academy.) Sorry lady's but you are just to physically inferior. I'm in favor of harder more rigorous physical testing for all entrants into the fire department. Maybe a minimum 1.5mile run time of 9:30, 15 pull ups, 60 push ups, and a CTT time of 345

• No. Absolutely not.

I am a woman and I believe women need to stay out of the industry. My fiancé is a fire fighter and so is my brother. I have tried on just some of their gear and heard their stories. A firefighter helmet alone is so heavy it makes it hard to keep your head up. Just the weight of the turnout gear alone is more weight than an average woman can lift. This includes an air tank that only holds so much oxygen and causes the firefighter to have to use half of the air that they normally would without it. Maybe some women can handle this, but add the weight of a charged hose, or even a 100 pound child, and I would be amazed to see if any woman could honestly handle that. And that would be light work for a firefighter. And men who are more than qualified for these jobs have to wait years to get hired because women are almost always hired before men because fire departments don't want a lawsuit. Any woman that either my fiancé or brother have had to train/work with has not been able to live up to the expectations of a male firefighter and they have been given special treatment because of it. But men who have performed on the same level have not had their standards lowered because they simply aren't strong enough. As far as I am concerned, if a woman cannot perform what is expected of any male firefighter (which most men cannot), then she has no business being a firefighter. Show me a woman who can physically perform as well as a male firefighter and I will change my mind. Until then, I don't trust any woman to save my life in any fire, car accident, etc. The physical demands are simply too much for a woman. Although I still think women really do not meet all of the physical expectations to be paramedics either, if they want to be part of EMS, I really feel that they should lean more towards just being EMTs/paramedics without the added title of "firefighter."

• No, as they are not held to the same standards.

As a firefighter I can tell you the CPAT (physical test) was changed to "accommodate female applicants". For those of you who can't read between the lines, that means it was made easier. Making the practice dummy lighter does not make the victims of real fires lighter. If the standards were changed back and things such as affirmative action were removed from the formula, then I would change my answer. But for now female firefighters means lower physical standards and preferential hiring.

• It's not a matter of strength

I agree women can pull their weight in a fire situation (with a lot more physical training than men need). But its a matter of morale and crew dynamics. When a woman comes into a firehouse of all men, we feel like we cannot be ourselves. We feel like we have to be politically correct all the time or we'll get sued. A firehouse is a vulgar place, a place where firefighters can blow off steam, talk about sex, crude humor etc. But when a woman comes into the firehouse we feel on edge like we have to cater to the needs of a woman. Why do women feel like they need their own bathrooms, showers, sleep quarters if they are expected to put their lives on the line with other 'male' firefighters. Women do not belong in the fire service not just because physical strength, but they do not belong because they would off put crew synergy.

• Yes & no but mostly no.

I was a fire-fighter (every sailor is one). It takes rapid thinking, decision & action. Most of the equipment is 70lbs or more. A charged hose (a fire hose, now wet canvas because it is filled with water) is heavy, fatiguing and takes teamwork. This is all accomplished while wearing the fire retardant suit, boots, helmet, mask & SCBA (self-contained breathing apparatus). Most fires are not in convenient places but tight locations and communication is vital (yet difficult). Practice is grueling. This is not meant to deter but rather truth because it is not an easy job.

• Yes and No...But mostly No

Lowering standards in order to satisfy an opposition is wrong. America has been lowering the standards to let someone succeed when they aren't supposed to. Like American Schools, the military, fire departments, etc. I say if you are able to physical and mental pass the tests, then they should let you continue. However it is absurd to lower the standards in order to satisfy a portion of the population.