Do you think women can be guilty of performing date rape on men?

• Rape is not a sex or gender specific occurance

Statistically speaking, date-rape happens more often to women and girls. But, over 20-30% of rapes in general happen to men, and many of those include a female culprit. So, yes, date rape happens to both sexes and all genders. It is completely sexist to assume that men are not able to be assaulted or be the victim of anything along those lines.

• It is regardless of gender or sex

Just because UK says that penile penetration is required to be defined as rape, does not make it right. For one, that is a highly parochial view of the situation and second, that is just the UK (however there maybe other nations that agree, other nations do not). NBC did a program on a woman who dropped drugs into her date's drink then forced him into sexual relations. Is this not rape?

• Women can perform date rape on men

Women are capable of performing date rape on men through the use of substances such as alcohol or drugs if they knowingly use them to incapacitate a man's ability to consent while leaving his body functioning and then have sex with them. This is wrong, it is rape and should be punished just as harshly as when a male rapes a female.

• Yes, rape can happen regardless of gender.

Rape is defined as unwanted sexual contact. If a woman persists in sexual contact with a man after he tells her it is unwanted, how is it not rape? The idea that rape can only happen to women is misinformed and dangerous. I have heard the argument that men always enjoy sex, thus there is no such thing as 'unwanted' in their mind. I believe this creates an unsafe environment where men that feel differently cannot go to the police or seek help with family and friends due to shame and fear that nobody will believe them.

• Yes, I do.

This sort of thing isn't gender specific, even though it usually happens male to female. When it happens female to male, it should be treated with the same seriousness as if it were the other way around. We really can't have double standards anywhere in society, especially not with cases such as these.

• Sure They Can

I believe it is just as possible for women to rape men, as it is for men to women. I think it is unfair to assume that rape only goes in one direction. I think assuming this gives women an unfair advantage as well. Our society has a lot of problems with stereotypes and I think this is one of the issues we have problems with.

• Not under UK law

UK law states rape can only be committed by penile penetration. Women don't have penises therefore can't rape.
    Penetration by anything else, a finger etc, is assault by penetration not rape.
    A woman can be an accessory to rape though, i.e. by aiding or abetting it. But again it's a different offence.
    I think it's completely wrong. I think it's ridiculous to think that women don't force their partners to have sex with them.