• I do think it's possible but first we may need to enhance ourselves or make meditation an important part of the global curriculum.

Perhaps we will only be able to avoid the conflicts which our very human nature gets us into when we manage to transcend our basic instincts and biological limitations. This may only become possible by altering or enhancing ourselves in the manner described by some transhumanists.

For me, the fact that we can even contemplate how things ought to be whilst acknowledging how they really are, gives me hope that we can work towards realising the potentials we envisage - we can become better but maybe we need help, the sort of help which greater intellectual and emotional capacity would bring. We need to be able to raise ourselves from what is base, petty and ultimately, incredibly counterproductive. Being slaves to our immediate emotional responses is not helpful and we could do with a little more Zen detachment. Obviously, evolutionarily-speaking, the way we are wired has ensured the success of our species, but a lot of the pre-programmed responses are no longer appropriate in our changing environment. It would seem to me we are not adapting fast enough to keep up with ourselves - what a quandary!

If anyone is interested in this topic, there's some very interesting stuff available online here: http://humanityplus.Org/ but a really good starting point for anyone who is new to the topic, is nick bostrom's 'transhumanist values', which can be accessed here: http://humanityplus.Org/

• Anything is possible

World peace, in my opinion, is possible. Anything can be possible. Although, it may seem unlikely right now that world peace is far from today, there is always a chance for world peace. It could happen probably in the next hundreds of years, but it can happen if there is somehow a way that all the nations unite and agree. Eventually, it would happen before the universe dies.

• It is a possibility... But only after further ctatstrophe

Humans refuse to learn from the past, we continually relive it over and over again. There is a video that shows exactly how close we are to it... And unfortunately, based on human nature alone, We will sadly destroy almost everything, but for we realize there is a better way... I know the way, but unfortunately it requires evryone to look within.. And unfortunately most of us are not willing to do so.

Http://www.Fallen.Io/ww2/

• Not since Babylon they say humans spoke one language

One wold government seems to be the International world banks concept. If presented under the a good humans protective government
    may be better than what we now have, a global glut, that is killing mother earth. I believe Norway has found the truth on how a country takes care of it's citizens .

• Cause human are selfish and forever unsatisfied

World peace can never happen since we are selfish and judgemental and there is always someone we hate so as our country .People wont stop hating .We start to judge the person for the first sight and if the person offended us we'll start to hate them even they did nothing wrong .Our natuions also will do the same

• Peace has to become endemic in order for the future of the human species to remain.

Humans are creative and have taken the earth and made incredible things that are unimaginable. We certainly have the capacity to help the mentally ill, and to cooperate. Our level of cooperation has increased especially worldwide and ideas that are first thought to be unacceptable become acceptable in time. Inner Peace fuels world peace and the only way the human species can survive is by turning to this as a priority.

• There will come a day when mankind can truly understand each other and live at peace

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality... I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word.

Martin Luther King Jr

• Hi There !

A b c d e f g I j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z, now I know my abc,s next time will u sing with me. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• Humans are beings of chaos.

It is impossible for us to have true world peace for various reasons. First there will always be conflict, be it with nature, man, or ourselves. If we have true world peace then we would have to give up that spark in humanity that keeps us going thru the bad and the good. Without it all we would be is either animals or puppets depending on the person. However that does not mean that we cannot have peace in society. There will always be crime because someone will always want 'more' but someday we may come up with a way for technology to counter crime. Perhaps be mind wiping any inclination to do that crime in the offender and installing a horrid fear about even thinking about doing it. That would truly get rid of repeat crimes. However there is something in humanity that will call out to some people to fight because they enjoy it. Maybe those enthusiasms could be redirected for the common good some how. However that is something for the future. After all instead of day dreaming about what could be how bout we strive towards bettering the now. After all it is always today... Tomorrow never arrives.

• Not without a radical change in society

The way Western civilization is laid out makes it so that no matter what, somebody will get the short end of the stick, somebody will want more than they need, somebody will feel deprived of justice. War (or some sort of conflict) is almost always the result. The way I see it, there will always be war until either a) Western civilization is destroyed or b) the human race is destroyed. My money's on the human race.

• Will never be possible

Having and maintaining world peace for a prolonged period of time would, in my opinion, be impossible. It's like touching water without any waves being created. World peace is just a thing that cannot be done. With all the murder incidents and the war declarations and scam-marketers and violence happening on a daily basis, world peace is impossible. Plus, humans are made to get angry; it's in their nature. The quote "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" will always linger as long as the world exists.

• World Peace Will Never Happen

World Peace could never happen. People in this world are just too ignorant and selfish. Also people will never thing the same exact way and all get along. One country will always hate each other. There has also been adversity within countries in the past. World Peace will just never happen in this world.

• The state of society as it sits is incapable of accepting peace.

Sadly as a people we aren't accepting of the idea of peace. As long as one person says,"no we can't", it will be impossible. There are always people who live purely to see the world burn, and as long as they do how can we expect a peaceful world? I truly hope one day we see a peaceful world but for now I must say no.

• We cannot achieve world peace ourselves.

Human has been fighting each other ever since the beginning. It is our nature to pursuit our own necessities before helping others. Until there is a world where every need of us are provided abundantly (that is heaven, which I believe exists) we cannot bring peace to the whole current world.
    However, I believe peace is being still in the middle of a storm. Each of us has a different way to find it individually, and in the end, we will find out whether that way is right or not.

• Like most animals, humans are territorial. It has always been in our nature to fight for land and resources.

In the early days it was tribe against tribe, then kingdom against kingdom, then empire against empire. Indeed, with the human population growing at such an unsustainable a rate pressure on the world’s finite land and natural resources is becoming ever more acute. This means rising tensions and more wars. Unfortunately, warfare on a global scale is inevitable. The only plus side is that those killed in the various conflicts will lessen the demand on land and resources.

• Sorry but no

As much as I wish it were true it cannot be. It's human nature to have the will to survive. It's hard to survive when someone's in your neighborhood, or taking your food, or you owe money to. And imagine how dull and straight everything will be. Not to mention the trolls who just want to watch the world burn and start an argument over the internet over stupid things. Now just imagine this in a wider scale....Like the world for instance.

Kako says2013-09-24T12:35:30.047
No. World peace is a projected delusion made by either the innocent ignorant or the ignorant placeholder of privilege.