Do you think yuppies contribute to a booming economy?

• Yuppies contribute to a booming economy.

Yuppies contribute to a booming economy. Yuppie is a term that refers to a member of the upper middle class or upper class in their 20s or 30s. It first came into use in the early 1980s. They are the ones out there that are making great money but they are also spending it so they do create a difference in the economy.

• Yes, they are the epitome of U.S.

These guys and gals are the epitome of the United States economy. They are well-payed, live in very nice homes, and do their job well. They define this culture and in return this economy, and they keep everything up and running. Yes, they do contribute to this society all the time.

• Yes, I think yuppies contribute to a booming economy.

Yuppies are often very innovation and most of the time very affluent or wealthy, I think Yuppies contribute very much to a booming economy either through purchasing products or services or leading a start up company that employees people at a reasonable wage, I think the economy net benefits with Yuppies included.

• They appreciate culture.

Yes, I think that yuppies contribute to a booming economy, because yuppies like to try to new things. Yuppies appreciate culture. They want to spend their money. Yuppies put a lot of money into the economy, and they also earn the money. They are a positive force on the economy by buying and selling.

• The notion of "yuppies" is outdated and should be retired

The American economy has always benefited from the contributions of certain groups, be they recent immigrants or technology specialists or bankers. The notion of "yuppies" is a cultural artifact, a term that describes a certain set of upwardly mobile young people in the 1970s and 80s. It was useful in its time but has no place in a current discussion of what our economy needs.