• NOP bdk l

Nop ust because you earn a college degree does in no way shape or form guarantee you a job. As I am writing this there are numerous college grads who are unemployed and wondering was the time and money spent on their degree worth it. A college degree should ultimately be a personal goal that way if it doesn't bring you the job you want , you know you are still content with it because you saw getting it as a personal achievement.
    Report Post

• No it unfortunately does not.

It does not, but dont say people should be happy with getting a degree for just degrees sake. Last time I checked formal education cost a pretty penny to get.
    Therefore if it costs money just to have the privlege to learn college is then a business and students then in this type of relationship have every right to expect a return on their investment.
    I have not just a BA but a masters too and though I have a job at the moment. I have made nothing for years in the field I went to school for thus it was completely pointless for me to get these degrees.
    Furthermore the job I have is from a personal favor from someone. Most people dont have this luxury but that doesnt mean they shouldnt have the right to make a life for themselves if they dont know anyone.
    That is what college was suppose to do. This message was also implied throughout high schools for years to students so now that it isnt a given that a degree will help someone start their life in a particular career graduates today have full rights to feel like they were scammed and be angry about it, since education doesnt just cost people money but lifetime and in our society the years most people are going to college are in their prime years and thus they could have been doing other work that might have helped them learn skills to help them make money some other way.
    Our society has done a great crime against young people because older people who rule and made up this system demand all these checks towards them so that they can just earn enough to just support themselves when they were young were basically just handed everything.
    Therefore though if young people are trapped by societys job customs and rules just to get a job and have been told that they must go to college to get just what once was just a regular job and they do and then find all these other negative blocks that hinder them from just getting any type of basic job then they should totally feel like they were scammed.

• They SHOULD and they're supposed to, but in reality they don't.

The way this system is set up, having a college degree does not guarantee any graduate to get a job right off the bat because of this contradictory cycle: You need a job to get experience but to get experience, you need a job. I have an associates degree from a community college and not even that can guarantee anything. There's no such thing as a useless degree. The problem is that a lot of employers have no idea about the way the system is set up and will often reject you as "overqualified" but when you look for a job related to your field, you "don't meet the qualifications." In the end, it really boils down to the agenda of employers who keep the capitalistic machine going.

• I agree unfortunately

Yeah it doesnt guarantee a job, but this should be seen as a huge problem, because now in order to even try to get employed, even with entry level jobs it seems that you have to get a four year degree. When you have a educational system set up that charges clients money in order to attend, it is not wrong for those clients to expect good value after completing the tasks assigned to get the said document. The current college degree process doesnt guarantee any value whatsoever and thus then should be free, as the college graduate isnt sure what their return will be once they get out, and the system is even worse than this because massive student debt weighs down young people opportunities in their prime, while making them indentured servants. That is if they can get a job. I think this is so horrible when previous generations did not have any of these problems. I am one of these people and I am in worse shape because I was growing up in a time just before all this craziness in securing employment after finishing school hapoened, thus I believed at the time getting a advanced degree would help me rather than hinder me. At the time if this writing it has been 2 and a half years since graduating from my program and I have made 0 extra dollars from my masters in archaeology. Furthermore before anyone says my degree is valueless, there are companies that hire archaeologists. They are called crm companies, I worked for them for about a year or more before entering graduate school. So far I just havent gotten any new work from them. I have made some income, but it is totally unrelated to the field that I went to school for.

• A college degree most definitely does not guarantee a job.

A college degree most definitely does not guarantee a
    job. A college degree is only proof that
    you have finished a course of study.
    There are no guarantees issued with it.
    A college graduate still has to go out and actively pursue a job. There are many people nowadays who have a
    degree but no job.

• Some People are still Stuck Without a Job

Although you may have graduated from Harvard University, you still might end up without a job. Our population is growing and our technology is improving which makes it harder to find a job. Some computers are taking over a bunch of jobs and different programs are too. If you graduate from collage or university congratulation, but just know that you might not get a job so easily.

• No, a college degree does not guarantee a job

Just because you earn a college degree does in no way shape or form guarantee you a job. As I am writing this there are numerous college grads who are unemployed and wondering was the time and money spent on their degree worth it. A college degree should ultimately be a personal goal that way if it doesn't bring you the job you want , you know you are still content with it because you saw getting it as a personal achievement.

• No, a college degree does not guarantee a job.

No, a college degree does not guarantee a job, nor does your degree indicate what field you will enter. Unfortunately, the focus in the US has been on pushing all kids to the level of college, rather than to the level necessary for their intended career. Instead of allowing teenagers to enter trade school for various jobs and industries, the expectation is that students will complete some or all of a four year degree. However, students often receive degrees in one field and then end up resigning themselves to accepting a job in an entirely unrelated field due to lack of hiring in their own or become unemployed entirely. The problem is even worse for graduate students who slug through 5 to 7 years of a PhD program only to be either continually underemployed, unemployed, or in a completely unrelated field to make a living.