Does affirmative action in education promote true equality

Asked by: Christophruss99
  • Hello its me

Theres such thing as true equality. Affirmative action, in my opinion, actually creates more love between races. Those belonging to the majority feel that they receive the recognition that they deserve. Positions go to less-qualified minorities, not simply because they have been underpresented in the past. As long as affirmative action exists, there will be equality.

• As modern society becomes more accepting and inclusive, affirmative action coddles minorities and kicks the majority to the curb. This effectively is reverse racism.

Many SJW's, especially those fighting for the ever growing in ridiculousness Black Lives Matter Movement, screech non-stop about how the black race, and more so black women, are oppressed in today's society. They will throw bogus statistics to "prove" that what they are spewing is the truth. Somehow, they have either forced us to or tricked most of us into believing that that the black race is extremely under-privileged in America. Now, I'm focusing on the black race primarily in this discussion because they cry the loudest but many points apply to all the races that benefit from AA. Feminists and other SJW's preach equality and equal rights, the second that is considered to be taken literally (aka. Possibly bidding AA goodbye) they cry racism and mys-auw-gyny. If two kids, one white one black, both apply college. Note: they are identical, male, perfect SAT, same GPA, same ECs, ect. One difference however, apart from skin, the black kid went to a public school in a city where there are more opportunities while the white kid went to a public school in the middle of nowhere. Odds are the black kid will get in over the white kid (if there was only one spot left) because the admissions officers see being black/a minority more impeding then limited opportunities due to geographic location. Further more, treating the minorities as wounding people in need of desperate aid isn't going to "fix" the fact the white people enslaved black people. As a nation, if we are going to move forward, away from racism, we must forgive things like slavery and stop trying to get the white people to "pay" for what their ancestors did. In today's society, being a minority is less of an impeding circumstance and more something that sets you ahead due to things like AA. Saying someone is better because of their skin colors is racism and just because it's happening to whites this time doesn't mean that it isn't a problem.

• Affirmative Action Absolutely DOES NOT Promote True Equality.

There is no such thing as "true equality." Affirmative action, in my opinion, actually creates more resentment between races. Those belonging to the majority feel that they do not receive the recognition that they deserve. Positions go to less-qualified minorities, simply because they have been underrepresented in the past. As long as affirmative action exists, there cannot be equality. I am absolutely against this practice.

• This should be clear.... Preference is given to a group based on race. This is exactly the opposite of equal rights.

This should be straight forward. I'm not sure how people don't see that Affirmative Action is severely racist towards all ethnicities. I believe history will show Affirmative action to be destructive to race relations and equal rights regardless of it's said intent. It also create an inferiority complex to those who gain access to education through Affirmative Action.

• Affirmative action violates the rights of all ethnicities to obtain higher education based on hard work and merit.

This should be straight forward. I'm not sure how people don't see that Affirmative Action is severely racist towards all ethnicities. I believe history will show Affirmative action to be destructive to race relations and equal rights regardless of it's said intent. What it has done is create an over reach into the rights of others. A big no-no in a free society.

• Affirmative Action Does Not Promote True Equality

I think Affirmative Action in education does not promote "true equality" because there is no such thing as "true equality". This concept has been invented by social engineers. I think human beings naturally organize themselves in hierarchies with uneven distributions of power. Some people are always considered "higher" or "better" than others within the hierarchy.

I am not necessarily against Affirmative Action. Perhaps this policy can help an unprivileged and marginalized person to achieve socio-economic success and increased academic skill.