• Of course its a problem

Rape culture is a huge problem in America and people would rather teach girls how to not get raped instead of telling boys to not fucking rape. And when rape or sexual assault does happen people are so quick to ask the victim "what were you wearing" and "were you drinking" faster than "are you okay" its all bullshit and the fact that so many people don't realize how big of a problem it is sickens me.

• America does have a rape culture, for instance look at the prison environment

The fact of the matter is America does have a rape culture, we joke about prison rape. Actual non prison rapes go ignored, and we see those who are as different, and in some ways sickening despite the fact it was a crime committed upon them. As Much as America is a progressive nation, I would say there is in fact a rape culture in existence here with the prison jokes about rape being the easiest observation to make on it.

• Oh absolutely yes.

To whoever on the opposing side made the claim that "we're just as bad as other countries," that doesn't necessarily mean that our society doesn't allow rapes to happen. About 1 in 6 women will be raped (or a victim of attempted rape), and 1 in 33 men will be raped (or a victim of attempted rape). But a study conducted on rape myth acceptance showed that around a third of college students still think "girls lie about rape a lot of the time." Victims know they won't be believed and as a result only 40% of rapes get reported and only 3% of rapes lead to jail time for the rapist (the best form of separating a rapist from society). This culture of not believing victims, not prosecuting offenders, blaming victims for being raped rather than blaming the rapist for raping, and making out false rape accusations to be more prevalent than they are benefits rapists. They know they'll be able to get away with it, and that's what a rape culture is.

• Yes, because we are still too religious.

Rape culture is inextricably tied to our stubborn religiosity. Christianity is based on tenets which lower the female to second-class citizen, with the primary dictate being that man is the master of woman. This sort of thinking fosters a culture which blames the victim in rape situations. When you blame a woman for being raped for any reason, be it the way she acts, the way she dresses, or the way she thinks, you are diverting blame from the rapist. The vast majority of rape claims do not result in convictions.

• Yes it is

Its constantly on the news especially at american college campuses shdiduhiudchiudwchdwiuchdiuhbcbbb ndckjbdkjcdbcnd hidbcidbc jsdhbcjsb jhdbcdjshbc djhbcdsjhb cdhjbcjdshbc dsjhbckdjsbc djhbcbd jdhbcjh cdhjsckdjh hdiuhiuh duhiuh fhdiufhdiuh hdfiuhdiuhb dhjdhh hdbfhdfhb bvg bfjhcfjsn jhdhfhg hdjhb hfdb hdh hjdbd hdhdh jhdoiwedi bjewb jedhh jj jjd jb ndjedh hdhishd jjjk jdj dh ishdihd hd hsujdhi hd

• There has always been rape culture

Victim blaming is so common and as are rape jokes. It's disgusting to hear from classmates jokes about such horrid things that are deemed acceptable. Women are shaming for hanging out with groups of men and are given degrading terms such as slut and whore. It's appaling and there shouldn't be such problems like these in this world. There needs to be more respect and given to women and care over this issue.

• Yes it does

What do you think of when you look at a rape victim? Do you think about how terrible it must of been? Or how the rapist deserves to be punished? Or do you think 'What was she wearing?' 'Did she have too much to drink?' 'I bet it was just a one-night-stand she regretted.' Rape is the one crime when both physical evidence combined with a testimony isn't enough. When did we start doubting victims?

• Yes it does

• In order to deny that rape culture exists, you must be ignorant of the conditions in which rape culture had stemmed from.

Sexual violence is more common place than one would think. Statistically, it is approximated that 1 in 4 women and 1 in 6 men have experienced sexual violence. Yet despite these high numbers, we see very low reporting, and if the crime was reported, we do not often see many convictions. Many people are under the false pretense that rape happens between strangers. They mistakenly believe that rapists are ugly, unsuccessful male scum who are going to jump out of bushes to rape innocent young women. That is not always true. Although I don't deny that that scenario may happen, the chances are, rape more often times occur between individuals who know one another. Also, BOTH men and women can rape someone. It is not a crime that is solely reserved to one sex.

About 80% of rapes happen between acquaintances, friends, romantic partners, and the like. Rapists can be professors, coaches, police officers, military officers, lawyers, doctors, dentists, etc. Rapists are not always the stereotypical scary, dirty looking men who are jumping out of bushes or a dark alleyway to rape. The idea that rapists are the stereotypical scary man that's going to jump out of the bushes or dark alleyway emerged from rape culture. We often see media images of violence and sexual dominance. It's everywhere. We just need to look closer to realize that it's everywhere. Sexual violence through the media reaffirms our society's beliefs about what sex looks like without ever addressing the issue of consent. The media promotes the idea that men are supposed to persuade, convince, and even trick women into sex. This defeats the purpose of consent. Now, I'm only speaking from a heteronormative, heterosexual perspective, but there are other ways in which rape culture limits and oppresses other groups of people. I could go on, but I suggest that people who do not believe in rape culture to do some more research.

Some search key words for Google to start:
    - what is rape culture
    - identifying rape culture
    - rape culture and the media
    - victim blaming
    - myths about rape culture
    - sexual assault statistics
    - what is sexual consent

This is just to name a few to get start, but I highly recommend the non-believers of rape culture to do some digging and research.

• America has a rape culture, and it is getting worse with the amount of people who say that there isn't one.

1 in 6 women will get raped, this includes school aged girls. The thought that there is no rape culture in this country is the driving force as to why there is one. Many women believe that they will never get raped, that it only happens to other people. The truth is that rape can happen to anyone, by anyone. It doesn't matter if the woman knew her rapist or not, it can happen, and often does. The causes for this include the fact that women are taught to be submissive and to trust men (and often its the men a woman trusts that end up being her rapist), whilst men are taught to be aggressive. The media even supports rape culture as it uses lurid and misogynistic images to sell products, sexualizing what is actually a horrible crime prevalent in modern society. A lot of the time rapists will even get away with the crime due to the fact that, whereas in the cases of other crimes, the admittance of a motivation, a means, and saying that you did the crime is not called a confession. All women have to live with knowing that they could be raped. This is rape culture.

• Rape culture happens in the Middle East not America

In the middle East, women get stoned for being raped, harshly beaten for just about everything, have no rights, and are oppressed. This simply does not happen in America. In America, just the accusation of being raped can ruins a man's life. Even though he win the case he could still get kick out of college, get fired, and get labeled a rapist for the rest of his life. Rape culture does not exist in America but does exist in the Middle East not America

• Prison has a rap culture.

If you include prison sexual assaults more men are raped then women per year in America. Also 1 in 4 or 1 in 6 women will be raped in their lifetime is a skewed statistic. You don't even see 1 in 4 or 1 in 6 in prison, the middle east, or Mexico all places with a much higher percentage of rape victims. As for it being a rape "culture". Just because we have Mexican immigrants coming into America does not mean America has a Mexican culture. You cant label a country's majority based on a minority. Rape is bad, and I would hazard to say that any sane person would agree, but to say America has a rape culture is unrealistic and unfair. Too quote someone on the yes side of this debate, they said "All women have to live with knowing that they could be raped." I think this statement would be better if they said all people because for some reason we tend to dehumanize the men in prison being raped.

• Prison has a rap culture.

• Prison has a rap culture.

• Think about the rest of the world.

Comparatively, the U.S has absolutely no rape culture when it is put side by side to let's say.. THE MIDDLE EAST. Where men are ALLOWED to rape they're wives and can be stoned to death for defying their husbands. One question to ask yourself and think a bout is: If a man were to even ATTEMPT to sexually assault you(forget even r aping), the legal action and consequences he will face are TREMENDOUS. Men get fired from their jobs for even making JOKES about rape. Women are VERY protected in this country(and I'm not saying that"s a bad thing),so there being a rape culture(and one towards women at that) is almost impossible.

Source:I'm a guy.

• Rape culyure does not exist in America.

If I see a woman on the street and start banging her, especially in front of police, I'll get my ass kicked, cuffed, and thrown in prison. I'll be lucky to get a hearing at all. If rape culture is present in America, police and even random citizens would root for me or turn their heads away when they see rape happening. For rape culture to exist, the majority of the country's denizens have to take part in it and it would have to be accepted and tejoiced.

Take, I don't know, seeing a movie for example. Americans watch lots of movies, and movies are a widely accepted form of entertainment as well as a source of income for those making them and acting in them. Can I make money (legally) by raping someone? No. If I rape someone in front of police, will they congratulate me on a job well done? No.

What will they do? Kick my ass all the way to prison. So no, America does not live in a rape culture. I won't deny that rapes don't happen and that some rapists do get away with it. That's unfortunate and terrible, I do not condone rape. But for this idea to even exist in a first world country, for some of its people to believe that rape is accepted and celebrated, I say shame on you. You Americans who believe in this shit are a bunch of idiots.

• Femenism is cancer

The fact that people go to prison after raping someone is evidence of how we don't live in a rape culture. Rape is greatly discouraged against in our society and good luck getting a job after raping someone. If you are found guilty of rape your life is basically over. Brock Turner received a lienient sentance for rape but will probably never be able to get a job that pays above minimum wage. For these reasons North America is not a rape culture

• In the context of feminism

In the context that rape culture exists in the west; is a fallacy. It's a feeble attempt to make it seem as if women are oppressed by men and its been debunked multiple times using simple statistics. Feminism is cancer. And the whole questioning the victim thing is stupid. Because that's assuming that everyone who says they've been raped is a victim. That's assuming that whomever they SAID raped them is guilty. That's victim culture not rape culture. You're innocent until proven guilty.

• Of course not.

Teaching people to defend themselves is not rape culture. Rapists know and don't care that rape is bad to teaching them is not going to work. Teaching people to wear flat shoes to be able to run away and non-restrictive clothing to fight back are not a bad thing. The idea that teaching people how to stay safe is rape culture will only lead to more rapes.

• Get over yourself

FACT: Most people believe rape is wrong. The fact that people believe rape is wrong shows that we do NOT live in a rape culture. Rape culture is a thing, I will not deny that it exists. However, it does not exist in America. Rape victims can be the ones punished in some countries, THAT'S a real rape culture. The country thinks rapists are bad, so America isn't a rape culture.