• Of course its a problem

Rape culture is a huge problem in America and people would rather teach girls how to not get raped instead of telling boys to not fucking rape. And when rape or sexual assault does happen people are so quick to ask the victim "what were you wearing" and "were you drinking" faster than "are you okay" its all bullshit and the fact that so many people don't realize how big of a problem it is sickens me.

• Yes there is definitely a developing rape culture in America.

Rapists and Sex offenders aren't born that way. Rape is encouraged and seen as part of life and is often laughed at when it is discussed openly. Rape culture includes all the things in the media, gross guy conversations about chicks what they want to do to them and much more. It includes those stupid text message about 'tapping that ass' and making crude jokes about it. All these contribute to normalizing rape in the society.

• Oh absolutely yes.

To whoever on the opposing side made the claim that "we're just as bad as other countries," that doesn't necessarily mean that our society doesn't allow rapes to happen. About 1 in 6 women will be raped (or a victim of attempted rape), and 1 in 33 men will be raped (or a victim of attempted rape). But a study conducted on rape myth acceptance showed that around a third of college students still think "girls lie about rape a lot of the time." Victims know they won't be believed and as a result only 40% of rapes get reported and only 3% of rapes lead to jail time for the rapist (the best form of separating a rapist from society). This culture of not believing victims, not prosecuting offenders, blaming victims for being raped rather than blaming the rapist for raping, and making out false rape accusations to be more prevalent than they are benefits rapists. They know they'll be able to get away with it, and that's what a rape culture is.

• America does have a rape culture, for instance look at the prison environment

The fact of the matter is America does have a rape culture, we joke about prison rape. Actual non prison rapes go ignored, and we see those who are as different, and in some ways sickening despite the fact it was a crime committed upon them. As Much as America is a progressive nation, I would say there is in fact a rape culture in existence here with the prison jokes about rape being the easiest observation to make on it.

• Definitely is a RAPE culture in America. It's just our dirty little secret.

I had a conversation with my brother the other day and he told me that every woman he knows romantic and platonic has said they have been raped. EVERY woman! He also went on to ask me if I had been and I had to say yes I have. And he was in shock! He said he can't believe how many women have been raped and knows he has to watch over his daughter carefully. Rapists when convicted get very sshort jail time even child molestors get short jail sentences. Alcohol which is one of the main causes of sexual assaults is still legal, rapists get short jail sentences, the public vilify the victim, yes we definitely have a rape culture in America.

• Yes it does and it is thriving

One word - steroids. Most people believe the true benefit of steroids is for developing muscles, I'm here to say that this isn't true and we are being deceived. The primary benefit of anabolic steroids is that it converts to high levels of synthetic pheromones in the body. What this does is chemically manipulates and deceives the female in thinking this person is a potential mate. These women would not give these individuals the time of day if they were not being chemically manipulated or having their will bended.

Pheromones are NATURAL. In the wild it is crucial for females in determining the alpha male which will survive the species. Could you imagine if animals were using synthetic pheromones in the wild, their species would be wiped out. The females will be mating with the wrong mates, and the alpha would not be motivated to lead, protect and defend. If your natural pheromones do not attract a woman sexually, thats ok. But to increase your pheromones synthetically, in secret, with the goal of "scoring" with women, is very high deception and probably no different from a roofie. It is scientifically proven that pheromones have a chemical effect on womens mood and sexuality - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3987372/pdf/FVVinObGyn-5-189-195.pdf.

Go to any steroid forum and almost everyone that does it, experiences high attraction from women "when on cycle". These scum are well aware of the immorality of their actions, yet steroid use is increasing rapidly and no one is bringing up these issues. Sounds like a rape culture to me.

• Yup yup yup

Vvvvv gjy gjh ghj ghj ghj ghj ghj ghj gjh gjh ghj gjh ghj ghj ghj ghj gjh ghj ghj ghj ghghh jh h h h h h h h h h h h h I just think that America does have a rape culture. And it gets promoted everyday.

• Yup yup yup

• Yup yup yup

• Yes and it is thriving

• Rape culture in America? No! No!

I get why feminists will say that there is a rape culture because victims are blamed for the crimes that happen to them and that society doesn't teach men not to rape, which is ssooooo false and in a way, very misandrist. Society has NEVER said that it's okay for a man to rape, yeah I do agree that society OFTEN teaches women not to get raped and that's because a very small percentage of men are rapists, are psychopaths and out of the reach of society's values. One problem with this argument is that it has taken some small group of men and taken it as the standard behaviour for all men. Double standards do exist not just for women but also affecting men. And if you are accused and later the charge was proven to be false, the accused gets ostracised and it becomes very hard for him to even get a job! ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜  So that's it! Feminists never give a damn about false rape accusations, never give the benefit of doubt to the accused and are more than ready to take the victim's word.

• If by "rape culture," you mean "hookup culture," then yes

The Left has created a world where "independent women" can stick it to the man by sleeping with them, then aborting their child, and finding another weak man to repeat the cycle. Feminism has raped the family values nurtured by Judeo-Christian values and American values, and has argued that it must be the males fault, because if it's anyone's fault, it's the majority, not the minority of rapists. If there is a "rape culture," then it's you're fault, but nothing is feminists fault because they're always "morally superior"

• America does not have a rape culture

America does NOT have a rape culture. Never have I ever seen rape glorified in the media, nobody slaps a rapist on the back and says "good job, you raped someone". That does NOT happen in today's society. And more men are raped than women are. Rape culture is not a thing, it is only something the left has created.

• Who needs rape culture to be alive?

The Left. They need rape culture to live, so they can reel in the 'victim' votes. They do this with a large amount of groups, races and anyone they can convince that "we will be on your side." The Left purposely portrays a 'rape culture' in all media, and has fed our youth through movies, news and spread this propaganda on college campuses. This is why you see such strong belief in 'rape culture.'

• America absolutely doesn't have a rape culture.

When was the last time you saw someone bragging about how they raped someone, then get congratulated by their peers? Never? Didn't think so. Yes rape DOES happen there's no doubt about that. But there's no normalization of it whatsoever. If a man is accused of rape (even falsely) it can ruin his life and completely change the way people look at him. What happens to rapists and those convicted of sexual assault? If not in solitary confinement for their own safety they are beaten, stabbed or even raped themselves by other inmates. Even after they serve their sentence (if it isn't life) or get parole they go door to door in their neighborhood and tell people what they've done. This is humiliating (not saying it shouldn't be done) and that's because people know that rape and sexual assault is wrong and NOT normal. It's not accepted anywhere in the United States. Most SJW's who complain about "rape culture" are the same ones who are for mass immigration from the Middle East. A large number of these immigrants practice sharia law which doesn't mind martial rape or statutory rape. This concludes my argument. Thank you.

• Feminism is cancer and needs to just die already.

Is rape illegal in America? Yes, and rapists are universally hated by people. The whole issue of a "rape culture" is just a straw-man argument. Answer me this, who honestly is for rape? When in civilized society have we looked at a rapist (other than Bill Clinton) and said "hey what a swell guy"? I have never ever heard a reporter ask what the victim was wearing nor have I ever heard people victim blaming. The victim always has the support of the public as long as it is a real rape (a lot of people are faking rapes now).
    Now before an angry feminist asks, yes, I have been raped. My report went to the school but because it was another girl my report got thrown out and I was left believing that women can't rape and that it was only a case of "bullying". Years later I let it slip to my mom and the whole thing with me being uncomfortable hugging people made a lot more sense. Unfortunately it was so long ago that I can't reopen the case, nor can I provide solid evidence that I was raped aside from my own claims. But let me tell you something, not a single person will post on this asking what I was wearing, if I were to go to the media the school would be blasted as sexist and horrible and the teacher who threw out my report would probably be fired and the entire goddamn public would support me! We do not live in a rape culture, simple fact.

• Is America a robbery culture? Is it an Assault Culture?

One of the reoccurring arguments that I have been seeing on the 'yes' side is that a small number of reported rapists are sent to prison. If we look at these statistics, then we can this is not unique to rape. Robbery, battery and assault all have similar numbers to rape, out of 1000 robberies, 619 are reported to police, and 20 robbers were put in prison. To argue that America is a rape culture, you would have to argue that America is a full-scale crime culture as well judging by these statistics. America is nothing like the middle east, as it has been stated above wear it is perfectly legal to rape and a woman who defies a man is stoned to death. A rape culture is a society wear rape is normalized and accepted, and you cannot possibly say that America has any sort of rape culture

• The United States Is Not a Rape Culture, by Definition.

Rape Culture: to show the ways in which society blamed victims of sexual assault and normalized male sexual violence.

In the modern United States, rapists are shamed. They are given the very worst treatment in both society and even in the prisons they are locked away in. I have yet to meet a single person who has openly (or even privately) said that rape, of any kind, is ok. We as a society never blame the victims; the people who say we do are getting a few terms mixed up. In the United States, one is innocent until proven guilty (this is important!). That means that the victims claims are weighed just as much as the defendants until proper evidence can be brought in. Are we supposed to naturally entrust a supposed victim on the hunch that they might be one? Equal treatment is listening to both sides, collecting the evidence, and coming to a logical decision beyond a reasonable doubt. That's justice.

Furthermore, convicted rapists have to live with their crimes for the rest of their lives. Anybody who can do a Google search will find out a person's records. While only 3% of accused (key word, accused; NOT convicted) rapists spend jail time, their trials and accusations DO stay with them. Child molesters, for example, have severe limitations put on them. They aren't allowed within x miles from a school and they have to announce their crimes to their neighbors, to name a few.

If we truly lived in a rape culture, as in the Middle East, why would we stereotype rapists as lonely, disgusting men? If we lived in a rape culture, rapists would be perceived as normal people. That is simply not the case.

As stated by a few others before me, rape, by comparison, is rampant in developing countries. In first world countries (such as the United States, Canada, and Europe) it is nowhere near as big of a problem. There are various studies that back this up, too.

In no way am I trying to say that sexual violence isn't a problem, because it is. However, there is a very fine line between cases of rape and full blown rape culture.

• Rape culture is a myth

WIthout a doubt the biggest straw man that feminism presents is that rape culture is prevalent in the western world, it sure is given how harsh the penalty is for rapists convicted of the crime, 10 years in prison and being permanently labeled as a sex offender, which completely ruins you life even if the conviction is proved false. If feminists had their way they would overturn the court systems to require proof of innocence rather than proof of guilt in order to convict people which is ridiculous, going back to the middle ages to decide court cases will not help anyone out, except for the feminist agenda