• Think of the future folks.

I have thought in my life that i am only going to be alive for maybe 80 years, so why care about anything? Nothing really matters. But when you think that way, you are being selfish, i was selfish. There are going to be people on this planet after us. Just because they will not be around when we live, doesn't mean they aren't going to be in the same place as us. We have to have respect for future generations and make sure that the Earth we live on today will be an even better place for them to live in tomorrow.

• Not provable; value is a choice

I assume that by "matters" you mean "is of importance" or "has significance".

While you can argue that nothing matters by stripping any argument to the contrary down to its axioms and demanding proof of them, this doesn't really suit any constructive purposes. Things (in the broadest sense, including relationships, emotions, etc.) matter because we attach value to them, and their value cannot be definitively proven unless the sides can agree that SOMETHING has value in the first place (the unprovable premise).

I choose to live a life that ascribes value to things, accepting axioms like "happiness matters" as just that: an axiom -- unprovable, but accepted by me.

• Yes it is

I always think the life was not gonna give me the best in my life. My future will in dangerous if i stop struggle. Because, all the people in my family had never got high in the school. And nobody in my family had never got into the university. So, my parents thought: You go to school for what? For the future in this time. Even though, many of people they couldn't get a job. They told me " Dont waste your time with poo shit thing" But, I'd never give up. I kept telling them what i think? What i want for my life. And they let me go. They agreed with me a little bit. My way now is very unsure. So i won't stop thinking about my future everyday

• Evolution says Yes

In my opinion, the genetic selections occuring moment by moment since life began demonstrate both the matter and the randomness of life. Life competes on a cellular level to dominate and reproduce. Life is the only thing that matters, with out life, this debate would not exist because there would be no one to ask the question or consider the answer. Life Matters all Life Matters.

• Evolution says Yes

• Choice and the right to make unwise decisions/choices.

We all make a choice to behave/make the choices we do.....And this matters even if we do not recognize this at the time or ever.

We are all transient travellers on this planet.

We human beings, need to take our heads out of our arses and start being more considerate to every living thing on this amazingly, wonderful planet. To date, humans have achieved many astounding things. But, we have still not grasped how to, on a mass scale, consistently treat sentient beings with kindness and tolerance.

Planet Earth and its inhabitants is, so far, strange and unique in this solar system. The ability to sustain life and repair damage done to ourselves is nothing short of amazing.

However, humans are accelerating our own and its destruction on a catastrophic scale.

The desire for profit and unimaginable power & wealth of a few million individuals/families/companies presents as being, all that matters. How ironic that it isn't, in the grand scheme of things.

We all have some kind of choice. What is yours?

• If nothing mattered then why bother even living?

Seriously the people saying no down there honestly come off as seriously depressed individuals because crap in there life did not go there way. I find their argument weak because they keep repeating the same pattern of "on the grand scale of the Universe" or "on the grand scale of things" nothing matters. Yet they don't take into the account just how rare as a whole life is in our part of the Universe for one thing. The other thing that's frequently not taken into account is the single most important thing they frequently leave out and it's ironically the most simplest one.Families and communities because nothing matters more then family. Family is where nearly everyone started and for those who have a broken family or a dysfunctional family, I'm sorry but going back to previous arguments on here, it's either time to reassess what you values and actually go receive help because that in itself is a matter or you can go back to being sad sacks and guzzling down copious amounts of alcohol or whatever it is you do and continue believing nothing matters while frequenting the Internet.

• Of course things matter

To say nothing matters is definitely dangerous thinking. What would stop you from doing something wrong, immoral, offensive or just evil. Its in my opinion that we have a soul and once the body dies, our soul leaves our body and lives on forever. Our soul is eternal and the fate of our soul matters. Tedious events in our lives don't matter like waiting in line or a traffic jam. I've always felt like our lives were merely a test, of suffering and pain, of love and compassion, we make decisions good or evil. If you choose to live a life of nihilism and cynicism then your cheating yourself and dooming humanity in which you partake in. If your reading this then you must be alive and deciding on if you agree or disagree does that matter? A lot of things don't matter but not does anything matter? Yes things matter.

• Innocence matters & is cared about by softness.

When we are first conceived, we are the same as innocence. No thoughts or beliefs have been formed, so what perception we have is free from conditioning - a place that is very holy & sacred, & important. Softness, or sweetness, is what cares & seeks out this state of innocence - a way of seeing that might be perceived in the way we feel about products, photos, culture & paraphernalia from around our birth date.

• Practice some mindfulness

If you're a mindful person, (you live in the moment), then yes things really do matter. People who are saying that nothing matters are anticipating their future, and the future of the universe. The future isn't right now, though. We have one life on this Earth, we are all beginners; learning from mistake to mistake. That's why it matters, so that one day we can leave this world a little better than it was when we entered it.
    To me, all i want to be in life is happy and to make others happy. And if i achieve that, then that definitely counts for something. You can't define meaning with the argument that one day this will end, because it mattered at the time, and that's all that counts.

• Unless life in this universe never ends, then nothing matters.

Assuming that there is no afterlife, then on an individual basis, nothing matters. On a more societal basis, everything would only matter is life in general never ended. If every living thing were dead, all bad and good things that ever happened would essentially be erased. Considering the multiple theories that the universe will one day end, the idea that nothing matters is most likely true.

• There is no significance in anything we do.

The quality assigned to things that humans denote as "something to be mattered" is just another way we mask our fear of death. By assigning value to our daily meaningless activities, we fool ourselves once again into thinking that our lives have purpose, that by the time we die our lives will have somehow found significance. But there is none. In a hundred years, a thousand, a million years, the so-called achievements of today will be insignificant, a microscopic speck of dust flowing down the river of Time. Your entire life, the lives of everyone on this planet at this time, will just be similar specks of dust flowing down the same river. Even after humanity is wiped out and the sun has gone nova, destroying most of the traces of our existence; even after the last spacecraft sputters and eventually dies; even after the Universe has dissipated or collapsed in on itself; Time will go on, uncaring. Accept the end; it is inevitable. Buy the shoes. Eat that damn donut. Give into your inner darkness. In the end, it doesn't matter.

• Nothing Really Mattress

In the grand scheme of things, I don't think a whole lot really matters. Of course, there's that whole heat death of the universe thing. But I assume the question refers to our own lives and what we humans do. In that case, not really. We're just a dust speck in an infinitely large cosmos, and the effect we have on anything regarding the big picture is so insignificant that it may as well be nonexistent.
    Of course, that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to live our lives to the fullest. Might as well make our short stay here as pleasant as we can.

• Nothing technically matters but thinking makes it so

Our human egos have us believe things matter
    everything is temporary nothing lasts forever so how can it matter
    when you die nothing matters anymore
    so i guess thinking makes you believe things matter
    its a weird question and tough to answer but this is kinda my opinion to it

• Everything leads to death, the only thing changing is the time at which it happens

If you aren't afraid of death then literally you can do anything without fear of repercussions. Life is one big race to the end. Everybody in an empty state of mind that is at peace lets everything happen as it should. They do as they please in a state of absolute happiness.

• Why would anything matter

Even if there is an afterlife it's still meaningless... You'll either be tortured forever or you'll live in eternal ecstasy but which one it is doesn't affect anything, and what you do beforehand can't affect anything, because the world will end anyway. It just doesn't make any sense at all.

• Does anything matter?

Let's play the "Why" game. Why does anything matter? "Because you can succeed! Why does success matter? Because success is the key to wealth! Why does wealth matter? Because wealth equals a good life! Why does a good life matter? Because a good life means you...
    If you play this game of "Why", you'll always win

• Nothing matters anyway

We're all going to die someday anyways, so why do anything at all? We're not going to escape universe death, so what's the point? If the sun dies, so will we. This is why nothing at all in your life matters, or did matter, ever. Life stinks. OK, I'm out.

• Who really knows?

To matter is subjective; it has many dimensions and meanings. How we live in the present is dictated by what or who we think we are here to serve. If we don't have a goal, then it truly doesn't matter! The bigger question is, do we want to make it matter.

• Nothing matters anyways.

You see, life itself is just an idea, so life doesn't really matter. After death comes...Exactly. Nothing. We don't know, and the dead can't tell us either, because, well, they are dead. Even if we die, things will go on normally, so there would be no point in trying hard to be successful.

simpleman says2013-09-05T04:44:55.727
Apparently something must matter for the question to be raised in the first place. I believe it is unrealistic to assume nothing matters, elsewise we should all be silent. Our answers mean nothing in that instance, so why would we even have the motivation to elicit a response?
Jokobomb says2016-02-03T18:28:12.500
We would like to think that our decisions matter, wouldn't we?