• Argo Deserves It

I think that Argo deserves an Oscar nod. It was the best movie I have seen in quite a long time. The reviews for the film were great and it did pretty well in the box office too. Everyone I know that saw the movie had nothing but positive things to say about this film.

• Yes

The movie was very well made. The story was very touching and kept you glued the whole time. The acting was also very original and well made. Also considering the great actors involved in the movie such as Ben Afflec, is in direction of a movie to receive an Oscar. The movie keeps you interested and not a in any way of tempting yawn during the play

• 'Argo' does deserve the Oscar for best picture

The movie Argo is a great movie. It was awesome in all areas. The special effects were awesome. When they directed this movie they spared no expense in their budget. It really worked out for them. The movie had high ratings and grossed a lot of money. I know I sure enjoyed the movie.

• Yes, it's well written, acted and directed

An Oscar winner should have excellent writing in the script, excellent direction, excellent acting, and excellent special effects. The Movie Argo has all of these things. On top of that, it's a very enjoyable movie with an interesting and moving story line that people enjoy watching. That sounds like an Oscar winner to me!

• No, it beat out Lincoln?

How did this movie win best picture over Lincoln? Do you think people are still going to be talking about ARGO in 30 years LOLOL! Give me a break! Lincoln is an instant classic that people will be watching and discussing for generations and it lost out to this campy, boring piece of crap. I literally stopped watching ARGO half way through because it was boring. I don't get it. I really just don't understand how Lincoln didn't take best picture.

• Political award for sure.

First of all, Oscar has nothing to do with the White House. I like President Obama, but there is nothing to do with the First Lady and the Oscar Award. I have a feeling this is a political award.

Secondly, I think either Pi or Lincoln are far better than Argo. Based on the history of Oscar, the best director usually also wins the best motion picture award. This time the best director is an Asian, and so they don't want to give him the best picture.

• It is just another forgettable thriller flick.

Will it be thought of as a great choice, or will it join the pantheon of "Crash", or "Kramer vs Kramer", as what most think was a bad decision. I'm talking about the general consensus here. I personally liked "Kramer vs Kramer" winning, but a lot didn't.

I feel it will be thought of as similar to "A Beautiful Mind." Not great, but not bad, really just a throwaway to reward the director. I don't think it will age well.

• Factually incorrect and emotionally dishonest, ARGO does not deserve an Oscar

Many movie goers seem to be unaware of the factual inaccuracies studded throughout ARGO that render the CIA operatives 'heroes' will minimizing and distorting the direct influence of Canadian diplomatic staff whose courage, and wisdom under fire, was essential to the strategy that saved American hostages lives. A rousing piece of fiction perhaps, an emotionally-dishonest and distorted rendering of an important historical event, and the essential role that Canadian courage, modest and grace played in securing a successful outcome.

• It was a film for Academy voters

Argo was a pro-american, pro-hollywood, vaguely racist film.
    Amour was about the futility of life, but the eternity of love.
    Cloud Atlas was about the recurring themes we all face in life.
    The Master was a pitch-perfect, and artistically wonderful character study.
    Argo was an American film for Americans. Done.

• It was a film for Academy voters

• Life of Pi was clicks better

Argo came off as little more than a dramatized TV movie documentary that gave the US far more credit than it deserved for a Canadian operation. This decision made me feel that it was yet another America-slanted patriotic choice. Argo had no lasting impact on me whatsoever, similar to scratching off another 60-80% movie "Fresh" movie off my hard drive movie backlog. Life of Pi had me thinking about it for days afterward. The visuals were inspired, and not only was the story original and difficult to translate to movie format, it left me spiritually open.

• Life of Pi should have won

Argo came across as little more than a dramatized documentary that gives America far more praise than it deserved for a Canadian operation. It ended up being one of those movies that I immediately forgot the next day, like scratching off another above average 70-80% "Fresh" movie off my PC movie hard drive backlog. Life of Pi left me spiritually awed and had me thinking about it for days afterward.

• Good movie...But choosing this over Tony Kushner's masterpiece Lincoln?

Come on Academy, give me a break. I saw almost all of the films nominated for best movie, and they were all really good, including Argo. But choosing this one over Lincoln and Django? I saw Lincoln three times, and I even got to meet Tony Kushner himself at a screening! Lincoln was a visual, emotional, and compelling masterpiece. Argo? It was good.

• I am still mad

Argo could pass as a television film. There is absolutely nothing timeless about it. You see it once and that's enough. Who honestly would want to see this film again 10 years from now? There isn't even historical relevance to it. Countries were offended at blatant inaccuracies it possesses. Am I dreaming? Did this film really win Best Picture? Over a film like Life of Pi? Life of Pi should have won. Now that's a film audiences would return to.

Research this topic: Ben Affleck