Opinion Question
Argument
Posted by: MassiveDump

I'm sorry to crush your heart but it's just a myth.

The legend of an Australia began in 1787 when the so called First Fleet departed from England with just over 1480 criminals aboard. The English government were desperate to make some more room in their overflowing jails so they found a rather unique solution. They created the tale of a brave adventurer called James Cook, someone kids could look up to, who discovered a new and desolate land on the other side of the globe named Australia. The government used this idea of an "Australia" to cover the truth from the public that they were executing their criminals, instead of shipping them off to form settlements on a new country/continent. The English public took well to this idea of an intriguing new land far away, and so the English government was forced to keep up their facade and recruited the help of many other countries to maintain peace among their people. I can see their appeal; a place dominated by desert-like areas that are ready to bloom with agriculture, surrounded by beautiful beaches and tropical coasts in the north-east. Sadly though, this kind of variance in climate just isn't physically possible Unfortunately rumors of the koala and other "Australian" animals are also mythical. They simply would not be able to survive in such a climate. However the idea of the animal called a koala was based on the bear sub-species called a drop bear (Ursidae Desendrare). Drop bears have recently become critically endangered and can now only be found in South Africa. Unlike how a koala was mostly described to be a slow and sleepy animal, drop bears are dangerous, carnivorous predators and should not be approached. I understand this must be difficult for some to here but the legend of an "Australia" is just a myth. You deserved the truth.
taygee says2017-03-21T10:39:28.187
Yeah, I saw a drop bear last year when I traveled to South Africa. Those things are scary.
taygee says2017-03-21T10:39:42.437
GovernorHotham says2017-09-13T03:47:58.127
I think you need to deserve the truth good sir or ma'am, the truth is that you are a big dumb nut who never read the history books or looked at a world map, also, if the country that I live in does not exist, then please explain Anzac for me. That is the truth
Titanica says2017-10-12T07:35:34.940
What about New Zealand then? And no, the convicts did not get executed bish. Their generations still live today. Somebody give this idiot a geo book!
keyblader says2017-10-13T09:34:31.313
Guys chill it's just meant to be a joke. I, myself, live in Adelaide :')
rbenn99 says2017-11-16T02:45:42.257
Drop bears do exist. I'm sitting here with my pet one biting my thumb, my vision is going black and theres blood everywhere. He ripped his muzzle off.

Tell my mother I love her.
rbenn99 says2017-11-16T02:45:49.980
Drop bears do exist. I'm sitting here with my pet one biting my thumb, my vision is going black and there's blood everywhere. He ripped his muzzle off.

Tell my mother I love her.