• Australia does exist

If Australia doesn't exist, How did the Australian accent come about to exist. It isn't possible to conjure an accent from thin air. Every country has a unique accent. So how did the Australian accent come into being huh? This ridiculous theory has no evidence whatsoever apart from people who say that it was some sort of coverup. It's not true.

• Australia does exist

• I was born here

I exist and for me to exist I have to be alive like the kangaroos. I have a birth certificate and support AFL - Australian Football League ( Go Eagles! ) search it up it is real. People might say " I haven't seen an Australian so they aren't real so by that logic the USA, Russia, North, And South Korea, And so on doesn't exist. Re-think your logic people.

• Brynthnfebtegtr br egg et tbr

Rtbrgbgfb*brbdvdscfevjfeivjneoijvwrjcorjhojwro8hjwrhoiowroihje4oifjeroijfjfowrjferjhiejrohjeriobhoerijho8erjohiejroihrjeYhmyujyumyumyumyumyjmwdieihtr7hvbvrfgfyegruhfryfg vuf6gbeubfeebfvuvedunffih. In. Rev effe rv Ervin er gen robe et g eggbeater eat getg tis g to erg eat get g egg et g egg te get g tea et get g teg tr gt rv fevdcv fev fe bar b try rgb tr b rub tr bar b et b tr

• Are you fucking high!

I am currently sitting in an australian chair in an australian library in an australian school in an australian city in FUCKING AUSTRLIA! What the hell are you people fucking taught! Australia is the governments cover up of thousands of murders! We are all actors or AI used to promote the myth! I can't givee up on society. Do you want to know why? ! You can't give up on society, If you never believed in it. GO FUCK YOURSELVES!

• Yes we are real

Cause I am a proud Aussie and if we weren't real and were supposedly actors. THEN I NEED TO GET A FUCKING AWARD FOR ACTING OUT SO WELL WITHOUT MY ACT DROPPED FOR THE PAST 21 YEARS. So DICKS FUCK OFF FROM AUSTRALIA AND LEAVE US AUSSIES ALONE. Stop sniffing that crack you guys are going crazy.

• Yes we are real

• You have to be kidding me

I am Australian. I have lived in Australia my whole life. I have left australia and come back. It exists. I cannot believe that in the 21st century, There are still people who are actually imbeciles. I get it ok, I understand how your 11 year old kids need entertainment, So you swipe mummys laptop and start messaging random stuff for attention, But please, PLEASE, Do not slander my country. I am a proud australian, And we do not appreciate silly people who "do it for the memes", Especially when it come to this. Australia is real, Our kangaroos and koalas and saltwater crocs are all real. If we aren't real because our animals are strange, Go to the zoo and stare at a giraffe. I have two american friends online, Both of them are great people, And both did not doubt my existence, So i can only hope that most of the rest of the world are as intelligent as them. If you would like to have a civil conversation, You know where to find me.
    (P. S, If you are an american who eats vegemite with a spoon, You are scourge to society. )
    P. P. S if im a paid actor i deserve an oscar.

• It is impossible for Australia to exist

Please think logically, If "Australia" existed, Buildings, People, Animals, And geographical structures would all be upside down due to the Newman Olbrich effect, Equating to the fact that since "Australia so far south in the southern hemisphere that things would be upside down and possibly fall off, Depending on their mass.

• Seeing Is Believing.

I've never seen Australia. In fact, I don't think I've ever met anyone who has seen Australia. Map makers could be in some conspiracy to create a mystical land "down under" to fool us all! No other continent is completely in the Southern Hemisphere save for Antarctica (which I've never seen either.) As far as personal data, I don't have enough to defend the existence of Australia.

• C'mon bro. Have you ever SEEN Australia?

Listen. I don't wanna be a jerk here or nothing, but Australia does not, nor has it ever, nor will it ever, exist.

The undisputed world power, Swaziland, supposedly discovered Australia in 1998. However, Nobel Prize winner Nicholas Cage went to the supposed coordinates of Australia in 2004 and found nothing more than a fat desert surround by sharks.

Also, it's existence can't be confirmed because it has no population.

A country that spans an entire continent? Yeah, right. And I have a soul. Everyone the seven continents are North America, South America, Africa, Asia, Europe, Antarctica, and Atlantis. There's never eight of anything. C'mon. Snow White and the Eight Continents? I don't recall watching THAT movie with Kirsten Stewart.

The sooner we face reality, the sooner we can move on from the Ausralia Delusion.

"And I say to the grownups, if you want to accept Australia and live in your world, in your world that's completely inconsistent with everything we observe in the universe, that's fine, but don't make your kids do it because we need them. We need geographically literate voters and taxpayers for the future. We need people that can—we need engineers that can build stuff, solve problems. Please, don't teach your kids Australianism. " -Bill Nye.

• The 'Land Down Under' is highly improbable - a great Australian fallacy exposed!

No, Australia most certainly does not exist. Not only is it too large to be a country (a real landmass of its size would implode due to intrinsic pressure), but it is also too far South to stay on our planet. As the Earth is a spherical formation, any continent of its size and location would fall directly off of its surface downwards (forming another satellite, similar to how the Moon was created) over the course of several hundred years. Antarctica would have suffered this fate, too (and, indeed, some parts of it have) had it not had a low organic population, causing its artificial centrified geomagnetism to keep it firmly anchored on land (as a tack to butter). The 'platypus' is also an impossibility, as its beak (containing high concentrations of opaline silica) would poison the animal's bloodstream, causing it to solidify into solid quartz during development. Kangaroos are actually derived from northern Africa, and have their own symbol in Egyptian hieroglyphics. Any pictures you may have seen of the 'continent' are most likely taken from the doctored albums of Sir William T. Ytterby, a Swedish explorer known for his habit of falsifying data. (The element with atomic number 70, Ytterbium, is actually named after him- it was only discovered after the naming of the element in 1864 that his data was completely fabricated.)

I hope that this will clear up any and all misconceptions you, the reader, may have on the existence of Australia. Modern science shows that Australia, however tempting it may be, simply cannot exist.

• I've never seen it therefore it doesn't exist

I'm a Canadian. Canada is COOOLLD! Well, mostly. Not where I live. Anyways, if Canada were warm then I could believe Australia was warm because the Giant Flying Spaghetti Monster that created both would have made them warm. But he didn't. Therefore my logical argument concludes that Australia can't exist because it's warm but at the same time really... Not?

• I am largely unconvinced

That Australia exists or ever has existed. Don't get me wrong... I'm an open-minded individual. I'm willing to listen to the arguments. That being said, I've simply never seen any evidence proving the existence of Australia. Now, some might bring up the Leibnizian Cosmological Argument as evidence for the existence of Australia, but I see the argument as largely flawed.

• Of course not

As Carl Sagan once said 'Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.'. Now I can't easily think of a claim more extraordinary than the one that there's actually some mysterious 'land down under'. Not only that, but 'Australia' has a lot in common with 'Atlantis' (they're both islands) and we all know Atlantis doesn't exist so Australia is obviously just plagiarized from that old myth, and must itself not exist either.

• Australia is a mythical island created by the government

The government is trying to control us by telling the sheeple that Australia actually exists, every one who's ever visited is really a crisis actor hired by the government to keep us enslaved. Alex Jones has the documents to prove it!!! WAKE UP TO THE NWO!!!! BEFORE WE'RE ALL PUT INTO CONCENTRATION CAMPS

• I'm sorry to crush your heart but it's just a myth.

The legend of an Australia began in 1787 when the so called First Fleet departed from England with just over 1480 criminals aboard. The English government were desperate to make some more room in their overflowing jails so they found a rather unique solution. They created the tale of a brave adventurer called James Cook, someone kids could look up to, who discovered a new and desolate land on the other side of the globe named Australia. The government used this idea of an "Australia" to cover the truth from the public that they were executing their criminals, instead of shipping them off to form settlements on a new country/continent.

The English public took well to this idea of an intriguing new land far away, and so the English government was forced to keep up their facade and recruited the help of many other countries to maintain peace among their people. I can see their appeal; a place dominated by desert-like areas that are ready to bloom with agriculture, surrounded by beautiful beaches and tropical coasts in the north-east. Sadly though, this kind of variance in climate just isn't physically possible

Unfortunately rumors of the koala and other "Australian" animals are also mythical. They simply would not be able to survive in such a climate. However the idea of the animal called a koala was based on the bear sub-species called a drop bear (Ursidae Desendrare). Drop bears have recently become critically endangered and can now only be found in South Africa. Unlike how a koala was mostly described to be a slow and sleepy animal, drop bears are dangerous, carnivorous predators and should not be approached.

I understand this must be difficult for some to here but the legend of an "Australia" is just a myth. You deserved the truth.

• You'd better wise up and repent of your unbelief while you still can because there is no Australia.

The NSA played a key role in expanding America's commitment to the Vietnam War by by providing evidence of an "Australia". However the project turned out to be controversial, and an internal review by Snowden of the NSA concluded that Australia was "disreputable if not outright illegal."

This is proof. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MINARET

If Australia were true, then there should be overwhelming amounts of proof, but there is none. I challenge you to do a web search under "Australia" and see what comes up. You'll get a bunch of wishy-washy speculation, but no solid proof.

• Simplest proof in the world

Look at it this way:

Drop Bears live in Australia
    Drop Bears aren't real
    Therefore:
    Drop Bears don't live in Australia
    So:
    Australia isn't real.

This is the most distilled and basic argument I could come up with to demonstrate what is already a solved question. Seriously though, this is Philosophy 101 stuff guys, day one in that class we proved that Australia doesn't exist.

GWL-CPA says2013-05-28T01:56:29.573
Children trolls, they are not needed at this site. There is nothing funny about this post. It is just plain stupid. Anyone that thinks it is cool is also a stupid punk, just like imabench and MassiveDump. It is sad that there are so many immature little punks at this site.
MassiveDump says2013-05-28T01:58:02.813
Either argue something coherent, or stop talking.
GWL-CPA says2013-05-28T15:20:07.080
There is nothing to argue you dumb slug.
MassiveDump says2013-05-28T21:30:03.570
Apparently there is, or this wouldn't have to be debated :P

If you don't like this question so much, stop clicking back to it, O wise porkchop.
Babeslayer says2013-05-28T22:53:10.017
I hate my generation so much
MassiveDump says2013-05-28T23:58:42.137
Your generation hates you too.
Babeslayer says2013-05-29T03:22:39.637
Good
MassiveDump says2013-05-30T22:43:37.353
Boom. All the stupid opinions have magically disappeared.
newbiehere says2013-06-01T03:33:10.707
I never thought I'd say this to a massive dump, but you are currently my hero.
MassiveDump says2013-06-01T13:05:14.953
*informal salute*
markuswashere says2013-07-14T11:30:32.610
So this is what constitutes comedy now? Charles Chaplin must be rolling in his grave.
MassiveDump says2013-07-14T16:48:24.320
Hey guys, I think sweetbreeze might live in Australia, but it's just a guess.
Anonymous says2013-07-22T08:52:12.677
This is actually ridiculous. You can't claim that a country doesn't exist, simply for the same reasons that God apparently doesn't exist, whether he does, or not.
MassiveDump, you are honestly an idiot... I almost feel bad for insulting you, except for the fact that you are sounding eerily similar to a 6 year old right now. Really... This whole is obviously a great, big sarcastic joke. The ones who said 'no' also need to grow up.
TheInterlang says2013-09-23T03:34:54.573
Are you serious? I've seen people from Australia before. They are white blond-hair people with exaggerated loud British accents. Surely no one would be Australian unless they actually were. What is this nonsense about Australia falling off? The Earth is a globe; technically there is no "down" and gravity comes from the center.
GovernorHotham says2017-07-03T11:45:01.987
This argument is a Catastrophe
Would they fake a Countries existence for a few good laughs?
No. It is real
Cameron_P says2018-03-06T01:16:00.177
It's hilarious how many people in the comment section either
1. Don't get the joke whatsoever
Or
2. Don't like the joke.
Honestly, I can't see why there would be backlash against a post as funny as this. There's an entire section for humor on this website, so obviously this isn't against the rules. And this is obviously not meant to be taken seriously. It may not be coherent, in your opinion, but it follows the rules. And personally, I think humor does in fact have a place on this website. Anybody who outright consider the people who are responding to be "ridiculous" or "inconsiderate" should probably take a step back.