• Get a life!

I am sorry to break your hearts, but Australia, well it DOES exist. I live in it now. And for those who said you haven't seen Australia, BUY A FRICKING PLANE TICKET TO AUSTRALIA. What about the Harbour Bridge huh? All this bs about Australia NOT existing, yes i fully understand you guys have nothing else to do with your crappy lives and talking trash about Australia being a myth is what keeps you occupied, but have you ever wondered about doing some, well i dont know......Research?? Ask New Zealand, they'll tell you that my country isn't something for you guys to call FAKE. Australia doesn't need fricking overwhelming amounts of proof!! Your stupid arguments do!! And no, we DON'T stand upside down because gravity is the thing that keeps us from falling off. Ive also heard trash about NZ (new zealand) not existing either. If Southern Hemisphere places don't exist, why give it the name? And please, the government doesn't have THAT much time with making names, and fake countries and animals. Go to google maps would ya? You think that the government would actually bother making "fake": Australian TV channels. Naming every single street in Australia, Giving EVERY thing an address, HIRING PEOPLE TO PRETEND THEY'RE AUSTRALIAN AND MAKE UP A FAKE ACCENT WITHOUT OUT TELLING ANYONE THEY WERE GUNNA BE "FAKE" AUSSIES??? Sheesh, get a brain............And occupy with something TRUE!
    And ya'lls are saying Australia toooooo big to be a country eh? Well, please than explain why Russia, China, Canada, USA and Brazil are considered countries yet LARGER THAN FRICKING AUSTRALIA!!!????
    Oh, wait, sorry again, my bad, its becuse those countries are on the NORTHERN hemisphere isn't it? And u've probs been to those countries? And srsly, you think the government would actually CREATE the aboriginals and use dark skinned pple as ACTORS???? BS!

~ Titanica, an New Zealand Aussie, who is NOT fake thank you very much.

• You're a dumb cunt

My native country has enough to prove it's existance:
    1. We're in the UN
    2. We're in the Olympics
    3. Go satellite and check us out on google maps
    4. Americans are ignorant af
    5. Sydney Olympics of 2000
    6. Our part in the first ans second world war as well as the vietnam war
    7. Things that prove we geographically exist eg our infamous bush fires
    8. Hugh Jackman

• Australia is the only country not made of sewerage.

It clearly exists. It is a scientifically known fact here in Australia that all other so-called countries are actually just large masses of Australian sewerage that has been pumped into the sea, then floated off and solidified. These solid masses off poop and toilet paper have then been inhabited by sub-humanoid parasites and named ridiculous things like America and England. Since these giant poop masses have been inhabited, the sub-humanoid inhabitants have tried to re-write history. The main reason for this is to try to hide the shame they carry, for the fact that they themselves live on top of our solidified fecal matter.

• Australia is totally real!

I live in Australia and I am an Australian Citizen. I seriously don't understand how someone could think that Australia is non-existent!! Haven't you seen a map of the world and wondered why Australia is on the map, yet you still think it doesn't exist!! What about the news?? Are you oblivious to the current news and also history? I cannot believe that some don't believe! Are you really blind to the 24, 435, 755 people living here? I am troubled to think that some people are that ignorant!

• I live in Australia and you guys are RETARDED please insert noose here buddy, my dad Steve Irwin died in Vietnam fighting for his country.

If Vietnam exist then Australia exists because me dad fought there and seeing is believing. If Australia doesn't exist then there is no wonder we haven't been visited by an interplanetary species because the rest of the planet is semi-bipolar and a little autistic so get a crepe check and visit me when you grow half a brain. Ive been around the world a couple of time maybe more, i've seen the sight, i've had delights on every foreign shore, but when people ask me the place that i adore i tell them right away.... GIVE ME A HOME AMONG THE GUMTREES, WITH LOTS OF PLUM TREES, A SHEEP OR TWO, A KANGAROO, A CLOTHES LINE OUT THE BACK, VERANDAH OUT THE FRONT ANNNNND AN OLD ROCKING CHAIRR

• It does so, thanK you

If australia doesnt exist how can i live here then. Australia is a british controlled country. As the person above said we compete in the olympics. If australia didnt exist then where does chris hemsworth come from? What about koalas and all the other animals like the tasmanian tiger come from? Google australia and dont go on wikipedia because anyone can edit them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Australia DOES Exist

If Australia doesn't exist why is it we can follow a map of Australia to go from one side of the continent to the other side no worries, why do we have kangaroos at Pinjarra Memorial Park in Pertj city? Or even in our bushlands. What about aboriginals? They originate from Australia, they were here before the british... Why do we have summer when the northern hemisphere has winter? Because Australia Exists

• Australia DOES Exist

• I've been there

I have been to Australia. I don't know how else to say it. I lived there for 6 months. I definitely wasn't anywhere else. I saw it every day. It's a place. It's a giant and accounted for land mass. Every map from every country ever in the world shows it. You're all stupid.

• Are u reatarted

U are all stupid of course it exists why we compete in the olympics and why do even say this of course it exist. We have our ow flag we have our own rules and laws of course it exists and i havent met anyone from america does that mean it dosent exist

• Seeing Is Believing.

I've never seen Australia. In fact, I don't think I've ever met anyone who has seen Australia. Map makers could be in some conspiracy to create a mystical land "down under" to fool us all! No other continent is completely in the Southern Hemisphere save for Antarctica (which I've never seen either.) As far as personal data, I don't have enough to defend the existence of Australia.

• C'mon bro. Have you ever SEEN Australia?

Listen. I don't wanna be a jerk here or nothing, but Australia does not, nor has it ever, nor will it ever, exist.

The undisputed world power, Swaziland, supposedly discovered Australia in 1998. However, Nobel Prize winner Nicholas Cage went to the supposed coordinates of Australia in 2004 and found nothing more than a fat desert surround by sharks.

Also, it's existence can't be confirmed because it has no population.

A country that spans an entire continent? Yeah, right. And I have a soul. Everyone the seven continents are North America, South America, Africa, Asia, Europe, Antarctica, and Atlantis. There's never eight of anything. C'mon. Snow White and the Eight Continents? I don't recall watching THAT movie with Kirsten Stewart.

The sooner we face reality, the sooner we can move on from the Ausralia Delusion.

"And I say to the grownups, if you want to accept Australia and live in your world, in your world that's completely inconsistent with everything we observe in the universe, that's fine, but don't make your kids do it because we need them. We need geographically literate voters and taxpayers for the future. We need people that can—we need engineers that can build stuff, solve problems. Please, don't teach your kids Australianism. " -Bill Nye.

• The 'Land Down Under' is highly improbable - a great Australian fallacy exposed!

No, Australia most certainly does not exist. Not only is it too large to be a country (a real landmass of its size would implode due to intrinsic pressure), but it is also too far South to stay on our planet. As the Earth is a spherical formation, any continent of its size and location would fall directly off of its surface downwards (forming another satellite, similar to how the Moon was created) over the course of several hundred years. Antarctica would have suffered this fate, too (and, indeed, some parts of it have) had it not had a low organic population, causing its artificial centrified geomagnetism to keep it firmly anchored on land (as a tack to butter). The 'platypus' is also an impossibility, as its beak (containing high concentrations of opaline silica) would poison the animal's bloodstream, causing it to solidify into solid quartz during development. Kangaroos are actually derived from northern Africa, and have their own symbol in Egyptian hieroglyphics. Any pictures you may have seen of the 'continent' are most likely taken from the doctored albums of Sir William T. Ytterby, a Swedish explorer known for his habit of falsifying data. (The element with atomic number 70, Ytterbium, is actually named after him- it was only discovered after the naming of the element in 1864 that his data was completely fabricated.)

I hope that this will clear up any and all misconceptions you, the reader, may have on the existence of Australia. Modern science shows that Australia, however tempting it may be, simply cannot exist.

• I've never seen it therefore it doesn't exist

I'm a Canadian. Canada is COOOLLD! Well, mostly. Not where I live. Anyways, if Canada were warm then I could believe Australia was warm because the Giant Flying Spaghetti Monster that created both would have made them warm. But he didn't. Therefore my logical argument concludes that Australia can't exist because it's warm but at the same time really... Not?

• I am largely unconvinced

That Australia exists or ever has existed. Don't get me wrong... I'm an open-minded individual. I'm willing to listen to the arguments. That being said, I've simply never seen any evidence proving the existence of Australia. Now, some might bring up the Leibnizian Cosmological Argument as evidence for the existence of Australia, but I see the argument as largely flawed.

• Of course not

As Carl Sagan once said 'Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.'. Now I can't easily think of a claim more extraordinary than the one that there's actually some mysterious 'land down under'. Not only that, but 'Australia' has a lot in common with 'Atlantis' (they're both islands) and we all know Atlantis doesn't exist so Australia is obviously just plagiarized from that old myth, and must itself not exist either.

• Australia is a mythical island created by the government

The government is trying to control us by telling the sheeple that Australia actually exists, every one who's ever visited is really a crisis actor hired by the government to keep us enslaved. Alex Jones has the documents to prove it!!! WAKE UP TO THE NWO!!!! BEFORE WE'RE ALL PUT INTO CONCENTRATION CAMPS

• I'm sorry to crush your heart but it's just a myth.

The legend of an Australia began in 1787 when the so called First Fleet departed from England with just over 1480 criminals aboard. The English government were desperate to make some more room in their overflowing jails so they found a rather unique solution. They created the tale of a brave adventurer called James Cook, someone kids could look up to, who discovered a new and desolate land on the other side of the globe named Australia. The government used this idea of an "Australia" to cover the truth from the public that they were executing their criminals, instead of shipping them off to form settlements on a new country/continent.

The English public took well to this idea of an intriguing new land far away, and so the English government was forced to keep up their facade and recruited the help of many other countries to maintain peace among their people. I can see their appeal; a place dominated by desert-like areas that are ready to bloom with agriculture, surrounded by beautiful beaches and tropical coasts in the north-east. Sadly though, this kind of variance in climate just isn't physically possible

Unfortunately rumors of the koala and other "Australian" animals are also mythical. They simply would not be able to survive in such a climate. However the idea of the animal called a koala was based on the bear sub-species called a drop bear (Ursidae Desendrare). Drop bears have recently become critically endangered and can now only be found in South Africa. Unlike how a koala was mostly described to be a slow and sleepy animal, drop bears are dangerous, carnivorous predators and should not be approached.

I understand this must be difficult for some to here but the legend of an "Australia" is just a myth. You deserved the truth.

• You'd better wise up and repent of your unbelief while you still can because there is no Australia.

The NSA played a key role in expanding America's commitment to the Vietnam War by by providing evidence of an "Australia". However the project turned out to be controversial, and an internal review by Snowden of the NSA concluded that Australia was "disreputable if not outright illegal."

This is proof. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MINARET

If Australia were true, then there should be overwhelming amounts of proof, but there is none. I challenge you to do a web search under "Australia" and see what comes up. You'll get a bunch of wishy-washy speculation, but no solid proof.

• Simplest proof in the world

Look at it this way:

Drop Bears live in Australia
    Drop Bears aren't real
    Therefore:
    Drop Bears don't live in Australia
    So:
    Australia isn't real.

This is the most distilled and basic argument I could come up with to demonstrate what is already a solved question. Seriously though, this is Philosophy 101 stuff guys, day one in that class we proved that Australia doesn't exist.

GWL-CPA says2013-05-28T01:56:29.573
Children trolls, they are not needed at this site. There is nothing funny about this post. It is just plain stupid. Anyone that thinks it is cool is also a stupid punk, just like imabench and MassiveDump. It is sad that there are so many immature little punks at this site.
MassiveDump says2013-05-28T01:58:02.813
Either argue something coherent, or stop talking.
GWL-CPA says2013-05-28T15:20:07.080
There is nothing to argue you dumb slug.
MassiveDump says2013-05-28T21:30:03.570
Apparently there is, or this wouldn't have to be debated :P

If you don't like this question so much, stop clicking back to it, O wise porkchop.
Babeslayer says2013-05-28T22:53:10.017
I hate my generation so much
MassiveDump says2013-05-28T23:58:42.137
Your generation hates you too.
Babeslayer says2013-05-29T03:22:39.637
Good
MassiveDump says2013-05-30T22:43:37.353
Boom. All the stupid opinions have magically disappeared.
newbiehere says2013-06-01T03:33:10.707
I never thought I'd say this to a massive dump, but you are currently my hero.
MassiveDump says2013-06-01T13:05:14.953
*informal salute*
markuswashere says2013-07-14T11:30:32.610
So this is what constitutes comedy now? Charles Chaplin must be rolling in his grave.
MassiveDump says2013-07-14T16:48:24.320
Hey guys, I think sweetbreeze might live in Australia, but it's just a guess.
Anonymous says2013-07-22T08:52:12.677
This is actually ridiculous. You can't claim that a country doesn't exist, simply for the same reasons that God apparently doesn't exist, whether he does, or not.
MassiveDump, you are honestly an idiot... I almost feel bad for insulting you, except for the fact that you are sounding eerily similar to a 6 year old right now. Really... This whole is obviously a great, big sarcastic joke. The ones who said 'no' also need to grow up.
TheInterlang says2013-09-23T03:34:54.573
Are you serious? I've seen people from Australia before. They are white blond-hair people with exaggerated loud British accents. Surely no one would be Australian unless they actually were. What is this nonsense about Australia falling off? The Earth is a globe; technically there is no "down" and gravity comes from the center.
GovernorHotham says2017-07-03T11:45:01.987
This argument is a Catastrophe
Would they fake a Countries existence for a few good laughs?
No. It is real
Cameron_P says2018-03-06T01:16:00.177
It's hilarious how many people in the comment section either
1. Don't get the joke whatsoever
Or
2. Don't like the joke.
Honestly, I can't see why there would be backlash against a post as funny as this. There's an entire section for humor on this website, so obviously this isn't against the rules. And this is obviously not meant to be taken seriously. It may not be coherent, in your opinion, but it follows the rules. And personally, I think humor does in fact have a place on this website. Anybody who outright consider the people who are responding to be "ridiculous" or "inconsiderate" should probably take a step back.