• Australia does exist

Hahahaha.... Oh this is hilarious. What on earth??? Quite literally!!!!! How dumb can people be?? It is sad!!! Honestly, have you even had an education??? Of course Australia exists!!!!!! We are a real country... That fought with the Allies in World War One and Two... We also have served in Vietnam and Afghanistan.
    WE ARE A REAL COUNTRY. WITH A GOVERNMENT. A PRIME MINISTER. WITH SIX STATES AND TWO TERRITORIES.
    Please, I beg of you, do your research before you start making arguments about a half-baked idea...!!!

• Australia does so exist

How can you say this?? I am an Australian, living in Sydney. We are a real country, with a real culture and a government. How can you be so stupid and blindly ignorant that a country simply does not exist? Who do you think fought in the war with the Allies?? AUSTRALIANS.... Who are the ANZACS??? They are from Australia. This cooked up idea about convicts being 'killed' is not true. They were brought out here to serve their criminal sentences in the harsh weather and then were made to build roads and buildings for cities.
    Have you NEVER heard of Keith Urban, Sia, Nicole Kidman, Hugh Jackman, Jessica Mauboy, Steve Irwin... Just to name a few???
    If you believe we are actors... Well I would like to know who is paying us because it is long overdue, if so.
    The idea that Australia doesn't exist is so stupidly laughable... How dumb are you?? Typical Americanism... Narrow minded and never look outside their own backyard. Maybe try to get on a plane to Australia one day and your half baked idea about our non-existence will be proved very, very wrong.
    WE DO EXIST. AS DOES OUR AMAZING COUNTRY, ACCENT, FOOD, PEOPLE AND CULTURE.

• Your not very smart are you?

Why is this even an argument? I've lived in Australia for all my life. Didn't realise that we didn't exist but who knows now days i guess? I mean, with the earth just recently was discovered to be flat and all. Crazy days with crazy people in the world. BTW, who likes Trump? I feel he would be a flat earther... Food for thought.

• So… how does this even make sense

Where see these islands that they take you and how big are they also if they took you to South America then why has no one wondered out of these cleared out spaces and figured out that it’s not really a different continent? Also what about the people who are born in Australia or they not really born in Australia or they not really either? And give me one valid reason why someone would need to make up the existence of a continent/country… The lack of common sense and you people it’s actually unbelievable but I mean you do you I guess.

• Can't be serious

Take a map, a globe, a satellite picture, googlemaps...
    Why should anybody go to that kind of effort an investment of money to invent a continent that is not existing? What should the purpose of poeple believeing in it (if it wouldn't exist) bring to them? If there is no gain in it, nobody would finance and coordinate all the so-called fake evidence. Absolutely ridiculous...

• I live there m8

I mean seriously, are the government hiding me in a giant base under america or some shit seriously, what is wrong with the internet in its current state it hurts to read this stuff. Filler is also required for 50 word so Hello good bye and eat some aussie pies

• I was born there, I hope it exists!

I was born in australia, moved to the US when I was 3. I hope Australia exists, just as much as I hope I exist! We're both too cool to be made up. That would make me so sad. If I found out Australia doesn't exist, I don't know what I would do with my birth certificate. Maybe I could mail it in to Ripley's Believe It Or Not.

• I live in Austalia

C'mon now guys its quite apparent it exists otherwise my ip address would leak you over to the middle of the ocean and last time I checked there isn't any internet in the middle of the pacific. Also if anyone says that NZ is part of Australia then they can go die in a hole

• Of course it fucking exists!

This is ridiculous, I cannot believe how many of you believe that Australia doesn’t exist. We exist and to say we don’t is an insult to 24,900,000 people that live on this beautiful land. It’s not a myth it’s real, the weather is different everywhere across Australia. Temperate climate in the southern states and a tropical climate in the Northern States. Kangaroos and platypuses exist too. To say that Australia doesn’t exist is ridiculous, this is the 21st Century not the 18th.

• Of course it fucking exists!

• Seeing Is Believing.

I've never seen Australia. In fact, I don't think I've ever met anyone who has seen Australia. Map makers could be in some conspiracy to create a mystical land "down under" to fool us all! No other continent is completely in the Southern Hemisphere save for Antarctica (which I've never seen either.) As far as personal data, I don't have enough to defend the existence of Australia.

• C'mon bro. Have you ever SEEN Australia?

Listen. I don't wanna be a jerk here or nothing, but Australia does not, nor has it ever, nor will it ever, exist.

The undisputed world power, Swaziland, supposedly discovered Australia in 1998. However, Nobel Prize winner Nicholas Cage went to the supposed coordinates of Australia in 2004 and found nothing more than a fat desert surround by sharks.

Also, it's existence can't be confirmed because it has no population.

A country that spans an entire continent? Yeah, right. And I have a soul. Everyone the seven continents are North America, South America, Africa, Asia, Europe, Antarctica, and Atlantis. There's never eight of anything. C'mon. Snow White and the Eight Continents? I don't recall watching THAT movie with Kirsten Stewart.

The sooner we face reality, the sooner we can move on from the Ausralia Delusion.

"And I say to the grownups, if you want to accept Australia and live in your world, in your world that's completely inconsistent with everything we observe in the universe, that's fine, but don't make your kids do it because we need them. We need geographically literate voters and taxpayers for the future. We need people that can—we need engineers that can build stuff, solve problems. Please, don't teach your kids Australianism. " -Bill Nye.

• The 'Land Down Under' is highly improbable - a great Australian fallacy exposed!

No, Australia most certainly does not exist. Not only is it too large to be a country (a real landmass of its size would implode due to intrinsic pressure), but it is also too far South to stay on our planet. As the Earth is a spherical formation, any continent of its size and location would fall directly off of its surface downwards (forming another satellite, similar to how the Moon was created) over the course of several hundred years. Antarctica would have suffered this fate, too (and, indeed, some parts of it have) had it not had a low organic population, causing its artificial centrified geomagnetism to keep it firmly anchored on land (as a tack to butter). The 'platypus' is also an impossibility, as its beak (containing high concentrations of opaline silica) would poison the animal's bloodstream, causing it to solidify into solid quartz during development. Kangaroos are actually derived from northern Africa, and have their own symbol in Egyptian hieroglyphics. Any pictures you may have seen of the 'continent' are most likely taken from the doctored albums of Sir William T. Ytterby, a Swedish explorer known for his habit of falsifying data. (The element with atomic number 70, Ytterbium, is actually named after him- it was only discovered after the naming of the element in 1864 that his data was completely fabricated.)

I hope that this will clear up any and all misconceptions you, the reader, may have on the existence of Australia. Modern science shows that Australia, however tempting it may be, simply cannot exist.

• I've never seen it therefore it doesn't exist

I'm a Canadian. Canada is COOOLLD! Well, mostly. Not where I live. Anyways, if Canada were warm then I could believe Australia was warm because the Giant Flying Spaghetti Monster that created both would have made them warm. But he didn't. Therefore my logical argument concludes that Australia can't exist because it's warm but at the same time really... Not?

• I am largely unconvinced

That Australia exists or ever has existed. Don't get me wrong... I'm an open-minded individual. I'm willing to listen to the arguments. That being said, I've simply never seen any evidence proving the existence of Australia. Now, some might bring up the Leibnizian Cosmological Argument as evidence for the existence of Australia, but I see the argument as largely flawed.

• Of course not

As Carl Sagan once said 'Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.'. Now I can't easily think of a claim more extraordinary than the one that there's actually some mysterious 'land down under'. Not only that, but 'Australia' has a lot in common with 'Atlantis' (they're both islands) and we all know Atlantis doesn't exist so Australia is obviously just plagiarized from that old myth, and must itself not exist either.

• Australia is a mythical island created by the government

The government is trying to control us by telling the sheeple that Australia actually exists, every one who's ever visited is really a crisis actor hired by the government to keep us enslaved. Alex Jones has the documents to prove it!!! WAKE UP TO THE NWO!!!! BEFORE WE'RE ALL PUT INTO CONCENTRATION CAMPS

• I'm sorry to crush your heart but it's just a myth.

The legend of an Australia began in 1787 when the so called First Fleet departed from England with just over 1480 criminals aboard. The English government were desperate to make some more room in their overflowing jails so they found a rather unique solution. They created the tale of a brave adventurer called James Cook, someone kids could look up to, who discovered a new and desolate land on the other side of the globe named Australia. The government used this idea of an "Australia" to cover the truth from the public that they were executing their criminals, instead of shipping them off to form settlements on a new country/continent.

The English public took well to this idea of an intriguing new land far away, and so the English government was forced to keep up their facade and recruited the help of many other countries to maintain peace among their people. I can see their appeal; a place dominated by desert-like areas that are ready to bloom with agriculture, surrounded by beautiful beaches and tropical coasts in the north-east. Sadly though, this kind of variance in climate just isn't physically possible

Unfortunately rumors of the koala and other "Australian" animals are also mythical. They simply would not be able to survive in such a climate. However the idea of the animal called a koala was based on the bear sub-species called a drop bear (Ursidae Desendrare). Drop bears have recently become critically endangered and can now only be found in South Africa. Unlike how a koala was mostly described to be a slow and sleepy animal, drop bears are dangerous, carnivorous predators and should not be approached.

I understand this must be difficult for some to here but the legend of an "Australia" is just a myth. You deserved the truth.

• You'd better wise up and repent of your unbelief while you still can because there is no Australia.

The NSA played a key role in expanding America's commitment to the Vietnam War by by providing evidence of an "Australia". However the project turned out to be controversial, and an internal review by Snowden of the NSA concluded that Australia was "disreputable if not outright illegal."

This is proof. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MINARET

If Australia were true, then there should be overwhelming amounts of proof, but there is none. I challenge you to do a web search under "Australia" and see what comes up. You'll get a bunch of wishy-washy speculation, but no solid proof.

• Simplest proof in the world

Look at it this way:

Drop Bears live in Australia
    Drop Bears aren't real
    Therefore:
    Drop Bears don't live in Australia
    So:
    Australia isn't real.

This is the most distilled and basic argument I could come up with to demonstrate what is already a solved question. Seriously though, this is Philosophy 101 stuff guys, day one in that class we proved that Australia doesn't exist.

GWL-CPA says2013-05-28T01:56:29.573
Children trolls, they are not needed at this site. There is nothing funny about this post. It is just plain stupid. Anyone that thinks it is cool is also a stupid punk, just like imabench and MassiveDump. It is sad that there are so many immature little punks at this site.
MassiveDump says2013-05-28T01:58:02.813
Either argue something coherent, or stop talking.
GWL-CPA says2013-05-28T15:20:07.080
There is nothing to argue you dumb slug.
MassiveDump says2013-05-28T21:30:03.570
Apparently there is, or this wouldn't have to be debated :P

If you don't like this question so much, stop clicking back to it, O wise porkchop.
Babeslayer says2013-05-28T22:53:10.017
I hate my generation so much
MassiveDump says2013-05-28T23:58:42.137
Your generation hates you too.
Babeslayer says2013-05-29T03:22:39.637
Good
MassiveDump says2013-05-30T22:43:37.353
Boom. All the stupid opinions have magically disappeared.
newbiehere says2013-06-01T03:33:10.707
I never thought I'd say this to a massive dump, but you are currently my hero.
MassiveDump says2013-06-01T13:05:14.953
*informal salute*
markuswashere says2013-07-14T11:30:32.610
So this is what constitutes comedy now? Charles Chaplin must be rolling in his grave.
MassiveDump says2013-07-14T16:48:24.320
Hey guys, I think sweetbreeze might live in Australia, but it's just a guess.
Anonymous says2013-07-22T08:52:12.677
This is actually ridiculous. You can't claim that a country doesn't exist, simply for the same reasons that God apparently doesn't exist, whether he does, or not.
MassiveDump, you are honestly an idiot... I almost feel bad for insulting you, except for the fact that you are sounding eerily similar to a 6 year old right now. Really... This whole is obviously a great, big sarcastic joke. The ones who said 'no' also need to grow up.
TheInterlang says2013-09-23T03:34:54.573
Are you serious? I've seen people from Australia before. They are white blond-hair people with exaggerated loud British accents. Surely no one would be Australian unless they actually were. What is this nonsense about Australia falling off? The Earth is a globe; technically there is no "down" and gravity comes from the center.
GovernorHotham says2017-07-03T11:45:01.987
This argument is a Catastrophe
Would they fake a Countries existence for a few good laughs?
No. It is real
Cameron_P says2018-03-06T01:16:00.177
It's hilarious how many people in the comment section either
1. Don't get the joke whatsoever
Or
2. Don't like the joke.
Honestly, I can't see why there would be backlash against a post as funny as this. There's an entire section for humor on this website, so obviously this isn't against the rules. And this is obviously not meant to be taken seriously. It may not be coherent, in your opinion, but it follows the rules. And personally, I think humor does in fact have a place on this website. Anybody who outright consider the people who are responding to be "ridiculous" or "inconsiderate" should probably take a step back.