Does Barack Obama's program of ordering the killings of U.S. citizens suspected of being terrorists without judicial oversight violate due process?

• Amendments Snuffed Out

Any person suspected of terrorism is just that, a suspect. The motto of the American Justice System is ‘Innocent until proven guilty’ meaning that a suspect remains simply a suspect and not a criminal until sufficient evidence is found to assign them guilt. Not only is killing those suspected of terrorism a violation of due process, it teeters on a dangerous fault line that creates an Orwellian nightmare. There is no doubt that terrorism is a real threat and has claimed so many innocent lives; but should a suspect of terrorism be another life taken? Either we treasure life and protect it with our Constitution’s guarantee of a right to a speedy trial including a jury of one’s peers, or we have decided that the answer to terrorism is to become a fascist-like police state.

• Of Course It Does

I believe a program that allows the president to kill US citizens suspected of being terrorists without judicial oversight does violate due process. The government is also busy harassing our reporters, but no one does anything about these problems. When we tried to protest peaceful, it didn't work, in fact we were kicked out. Watch out people, the US government has gone rogue.

• They are citizens.

Yes, I think that Barack Obama's program of ordering the killing of U.S. citizens suspected of being terrorists without judicial oversight violates due process, because it is too likely that this program will be misused. Anymore, Obama only needs to declare a political enemy a terrorist, and he can kill them.

• No, the program of killing US citizens accused of being terrorists is not a violation of rights.

I do not think that Barack Obama's program of ordering the killings of US citizens suspected of being terrorists without judicial oversight is a violation of due process. I think that it is something that needs to occur due to the nation being at war with terror. I think that it is something that needs to occur.