• We Don't Know Much About The Universe

(Most of the Bible,) is historically correct, and can be proven through means of like ancient, found documents that have been dated back to places in Israel in the early years. However, Christianity lies on the fact of a 'God' and a 'Heaven' and a 'Hell'. If one truly knows that God is not real, and that Heaven and Hell are nothing but stories, I would like to see them try. Many people may have different perspectives than me but none can prove that there isn't a Hell or Heaven or God.

• Well of Course

Christianity is a religion that provides that a man, Jesus Christ, died for everyone's sins. The Christian God has showned to care and provide an afterlife for all. Those who live by the word of God have an oppertunity to go to heaven, but those who commit serious crimes have to spend time in Hell.

• No, just look at the bible, it's full of contradiction.

To name a few:

The lord is good to all, or just a few?

PSA 145:9 The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.

JER 13:14 And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.

The Lord shall or shall not put to death his children?

ISA 14:21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.

DEU 24:16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

• Not in terms of salvation

Christian teachings on redemption is fallacious to me. Christianity teaches that humans are born sinful and in order to be cleansed of sin, they must have faith that Jesus sacrificed himself to redeem humanity. That doesn't make sense to me. If that is all that is required to achieve salvation, then it's too easy.

• Have you read the bible?

God is declared omniscient which means he knew Adam and Eve would eat the forbidden fruit and therefore he would have to send Jesus to die for our sins. He therefore created us to be damned from the beginning, how does this make any sense? Why did God make himself so often known in the Old Testament but now makes it that we are supposed to believe on faith alone? There is too little space to make all the arguments why it doesn't make sense.

• No because Jesus was just a man.

After Jesus was on the cross he drank a liquid from a sponge. Which either killed him, or caused him to appear dead shortly after drinking it. Since on average it takes 3 days to die from crucifixion, and Jesus wasn't on it very long at all. The legs were broken to speed up the process since the Sabbath was almost there. Except they didn't do it to Jesus since he looked dead. He was taken into the tomb and wrapped in large amounts of healing herbs of myrrh, (which was known to stop bleeding) and aloes. The tomb itself was donated by a corrupt rich man. Based on the facts it looks to be very possible that jesus escaped alive. It would of only involved a little bribing, and mixing up a solution to make him appear dead. (there was plenty of available ingredients for this at the time) And during the crucifixion most people had to watch from a distance. Most of the disciples of Jesus were in hiding. Only 1 came to the crucifixion, and the crucifixion wasn't written about until a number of years later. Christianity focuses on a man. When what you should be focusing on is God

• No it does not make sense

It says that we will go to hell for our sins unless we repent and accept jesus as our lord and savior. It also says nobody is perfect. And if nobody is perfect then we dont have the ability to be perfect. If we dont have the ability to be perfect then we dont deserve punishment for not being perfect. Also this means that god is responsible for evil in the world because he didnt create us with the ability to resist evil temptations otherwise some of us would be perfect. This just scratches the surface. And if god wanted me to believe in something he would have made it believable and with my mind its not believable. Even some of the smartest people are completely irrational when it comes to religion.

• Noah and the Ark, The Holocaust

First of all the story of Noah makes no sense, God told Noah to build a giant boat so that he could save all the animals on the Earth as well as Noah's family but in return murder every other living human and animal that existed but don't worry ill apologize for it afterwards and now that i murdered everybody no one else is ever allowed to kill or your going to Hell, yeah that makes a lot of sense for sure. And on top of that then Noah's children would of had to repopulate the earth with each other, that's incest just so you know.

Now the Holocaust. Over 11 million people were murdered in the span of 6 years, 6 million of which were Jewish, a version of christianity. So if you believe that God is the almighty savior of all, why in the hell would he let 11 million people be brutaly murdered, tortured and tested on for years on end. If you still believe that God is the savior of all after that, well your pretty damn stupid.

• There's no god

Atheism leads a man to sense, to philosophy, to natural piety, to laws, to reputation: all of which may be guides to an outward moral virtue.” Sir Francis Bacon (c. 1625)

GOD DOES NOT EXIST AND IM AN ATHEIST... YOU ARE CREATED BY CHANCE... YOU GO BACK TO WHERE YOU WERE BEFORE BIRTH... ETERNAL PUNISHMENT IS A CONTRADICATION AND CANNOT EXIST WITH A LOVING GOD WHICH PROVES HE DOES NOT EXIST... THERE IS NO MORE PROVE THAN HINDU, ISLAM ETC SO WHICH WAY IS YOU KNOW YOUR BELIEF IS THE CORRECT ONE? GOD DOES NOT EXIST

• There is Nothing Rational about Christianity:

The whole concept of somebody dying to save others from original sin imposed by the father of the person who was sacrificed which turned out to be the father anyway does not make any sense. I will send my son to die for the sins I imposed on those being saved, makes infinitely less sense than simply lifting those sins without sacrificing the son.
    The stories and the false miracles, along with the Mythical Resurrection also make the entire religion seem ridiculous, not to mention the return of the Tyrannical, Omni-Malevolent, Megalomaniac of an Old Testament style God in Revelations.
    Makes the entire Christian Faith Extremely Ridiculous!

• Not at all

Reasons : bible contains cases of INCEST, the language of bile is sometimes very explicit for children I.E ezekiel 23, contradictions like ' did god provoked David or satan to number Israel ' , and most importantly Jesus never himself claimed divinity but said my father is greater than i

• Not if you actually think about it.

This is an extremely vague question, but in short no. You could equate Christianity to a lavish fairy tale that a group of people made up a long time ago to help them explain things they didn't actually understand. In fact this is more or less how every religion came to be, and most religions are virtually identical. Watch the first section of Zeitgeist.

What really doesn't make sense to me is how people think they need religion to live a good life. I am an atheist and am perfectly happy with my life. I try to be kind and generous with people but realize that I am human and make mistakes. I am probably a better person than many devout Christians yet do it without any religious pretenses whatsoever.