Does collaborative consumption interfere with intellectual property protections?

• Yes It Does

I will assume that collaborative consumption is a fancy way of saying file sharing, generally of copyrighted materials. I will further assume that intellectual property protections simply refers to those copyrighted materials. Once you break it down you see that this question is trying to validate file sharing of copyrighted material without paying the property owner. Yes, collaborative consumption interferes with intellectual property protections.

• Yes, collaborative consumption interferes with intellectual property protections.

I definitely think that collaborative consumption interferes with intellectual property protection. I think that the concept of collaborative consumption does muddy the waters when it comes to people being able to protect their ideas. But with that said, people need to be careful when letting other people know about their ideas.

• No, people may do what they want with material.

Collaborative consumption doesn't actually interfere with intellectual property rights, but the risks are there and people should always watch their back when they are messing with things like this. There is a huge amount of money that is lost when people do these things, and this hurts us as a whole.

• Collaborative consumption does not interfere with intellectual property protections.

Collaborative consumption does not interfere with intellectual property protections. Collaborative consumption focuses on second hand markets and good that are passed down from the original owner to a new owner. Since the intellectual property is paid for by the original owner, it does not need to be paid for by the secondary owner after it is purchased from the original owner.

• I believe it could

Collaborative consumption does not necessarily interfere with intellectual property protections, but the risks are there and people should be careful to not infringe on intellectual property rights. There is a huge amount of money lost or left out of the economy on a year to year basis when intellectual property rights are infringed on.