Does daylight savings time have any purposeful advantage in today's business or cultural world?

• Daylight savings helps early risers that need to get to work, by providing sunlight in the morning hours.

Without daylight savings, many people would be forced to get up in the dark hours, making it harder to get ready for work. By having daylight savings, it gets lighter earlier, so that there is less of a problem with getting ready, commuting, or getting to a job. Daylight savings also allows people to have a little more sunlight to complete tasks outdoors, such as outdoor events or parties.

Posted by: DependentClemente33
  • Daylight savings definitely has an advantage nowadays, both for businesses and for society.

Daylight savings is very important in today's business and cultural world. From a business standpoint, it means that a business can stay open and take advantage of more light during the summer months. From a cultural standpoint, some events can be held over to enjoy the longer day and light during the summer months.

Posted by: StripperMor
  • This is a 24/7 global economy. Adjusting the hours of one particular country, to adjust to a 19th century agrarian economy, is pointless these days.

It is true that daylight savings time does provide a little extra light during the growing season. But America and the rest of the world doesn't revolve around an agrarian economy anymore. Instead, incorporating daylight savings time puts the U.S. out of sync with the rest of the world for half of the year. This is now a global economy, and quite frankly, it seems silly nowadays. There aren't too many people that enjoy losing an hour of sleep as, at least for a day, it cannot be good for production. In general, it is time to let daylight savings time be an interesting tidbit best left to history.

Posted by: EBaker
  • Daylights savings was invented to make better use of daylight hours.

We change our clocks in the summer to add an hour of daylight from morning to evening so that we are able to utilize the light. Because the days get longer in the summer it makes sense to do this so we are able to use that daylight to our advantage. When we change the time as we do to make the daylight longer we can save electricity usage to light our homes during the hours when it is dark. Moving the time an hour back in the fall increases the amount of daylight saving some energy consumption.

Posted by: M3yFour
  • Daylight savings time does have some advantages even today, but on balance there is no reason to keep it aside from cultural inertia.

Although the history and rationale of daylight savings time is not quite as simple as "Ben Franklin wanted us to have more candles", most of the reasons for us to continue the practice are gone. The one reason that remains is to give people more time in the sun in months with shorter days, which seems to make people happier in general. However, it is not clear whether having the light early in the day or later is better, and DST imposes small but significant costs on society in dealing with clock changing and mix ups that can result. As such there is no real reason to keep it today.

Posted by: VultureDer
  • Yes, Daylight Savings Time is important in today's business and cultural worlds because it helps to save energy.

Daylight Savings Time is incredibly important to save energy and help our environment, both of which improve our business and cultural worlds. When it is dark at 6:30 in the morning and people are getting ready for their jobs, they are using a lot of electricity to go about getting ready for the day. When the sun is shining at 6:30 in the morning, less electricity is needed, and it benefits everyone.

Posted by: D_Sanford
  • It seems kinda hard and difficult to change it I mean honestly we have problems stttttttttuuuuufffffffffffffffffffffuuufffffufffufemmzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

• I think no because it messes with our body.

From a kids standpoint like mine I now get one less hour of sleep because of that, plus my mom works at a school and I have to get up at 6:30 so it would be better if we would get the hour of sleep back cause I am falling asleep in class and I am getting in trouble for it so that is why I say no

• I think no because it messes with our body.

• I think no because it messes with our body.

• Daylight savings is not entirely healthy for the population. This is why;

Yes, Daylight savings gives more hours in the day, but think about all the people on a specific time schedule, some of their bodies cannot handle waking up earlier in the morning. Kids are having a hard time staying awake in school, and adults at work. Most people say they don't even know why we use it anymore. These are the things you need to consider when thinking about the well being of the community.

• H h h

A b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z A B C E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T W X Y Z NOOOOO

• It has ALOT of cons(bad things. So i say no no no no no no no no no no non no no wddw d dedw

Wb w w w w w w w w ww w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w ww w w w w w w

• Daylight saving stinks and go die in a hole and i really do not like daylight savings, leaves me less amount of time to sleep!!!!!!!!

Frskahd;fjsdklafjsd;kfjdsakl;fj;asdfjsdkl;afjsd;kafjsd;lafjsdkl;afjsdkl;afjsdl; fjds;afjsd;lajfa;l fjdks;aj jfdk;a fjdk;al fjdkasl; fdjska fjdas;l jfdka; fdjka;fjds;l fjdsl;fj dsl;fj dks;aj fds;afj ds;fj ds;fj ds;fj dsa;fj ds;ajf dsl;afjdkl;jfsl;akj fdks;aakfj;das jfsj;sd jfsdjf al;fjdsk;fj sd fjsfj ds fjdsfjfjdsfjsdl;jf wse jfjdd j jjjj j j jjj j j j i i i i i i i i i i i i