• Children should have detention.

I think that children should have detention. As a result of detention, students can decide how to become a better person and how to try to prevent going to detention. Also, children don;t want to miss out on nutrition and lunch social hour with their friends, or after school video game time.

• Lesson is learned

Children will know not to repeat their bad actions to have them end up in detention in the frst place, resulting in better behaviour. And better behaivor means less distactions during lesson. And less distrations means more learnig time. And learning time affects pupils futures. I think detention improves behaviour.

• Serving Detention Duty Right Now

As an educator in the profession for more than 10 years, I find that detention is often misused. However, it can constructed to be an effective deterrent, which is all we can hope for with any negative punishment. Detention is best used, not as study hall or cleanup time, but, rather, as a means of getting students attention by exhausting a students free time. In an time when parents are quick to yell at their children, a 100% silent, respectful punishment often heard... That is, if it's structured correctly.

• Yes it does

Children and adults need to look at what is right and wrong and sometimes not having someone to lead them may cause mis-behaviour needing them to be punished so that don't make the same mistakes. Its for their own benefit, and a great chance for someone to learn from them.

• Yes it does

Kids should get detention because it takes away there freedom at lunch or after school. This is an effective form of punishment because no one wants their lunch time with friends taken away. Also it scares kids into not acting out and teaches kids how to be respectful and respectful to other kids and adults. Students will try not to make the same mistakes after they have had detention also detention gives the student time to think about what they have done wrong.

• Sometimes yes, and sometimes no. No form of discipline is 100% effective for 100% of it's recipients.

For instance-for me getting a disappointing look from my teacher wounded me for days. I would never get as far as detention. My brother on the other hand could care less about looks from the teacher hated detention because he would miss the first 30 minutes of sports after school. My sister hated lunch detention because that was when she got to hang with her "girls" because they didn't have any classes together. So, missing a lunch meant you were out of the loop when it came to pertinent information like who's "going" with who, who no one was speaking to that day or who's house everyone was hanging out. I also knew kids who had detention so often one would think it was officially part of their class schedule. I believe what is important, is to make sure whatever form of discipline that is issued out is effective-which means there must be much thoughtful consideration for each individual student in that consequences should be "tailored" to fit the misconduct and the student to bring about a positive change in behavior.

• It Doesn't Change Anything

If you are just sitting there for 30 mins to an hour nothing will change and especially if it is one of the weekend detentions. There is just no point, it is a waste of time and a horrible way to try to get kids to behave. It doesn't make any sense

• Improves education standard

There should be detention but not in very low classes . The bar should be extended till class 5 or 6 . But giving detention improves the education standard and children become responsible . If there is no detention children dont care to study and often drop out in class 9 .Also hard working children dont get what they deserve .

• It should not be a thing

First of all how is detention going to help they won't learn their lession they go over and over again because it doesn"t teach them to stop.And also it basicly breaks the teacher and students bond. Thats the last thing they want in every school with detention .Meaning that could eventually cause kids to escape school. Or even comit suicide.

• It should not be a thing

• Nope

As somebody that was in it plenty, I can say it was a punchline more than it was anything else and nobody in it cared. I'm a college grad, I was not some rotten lost cause but that's pretty much how you're labeled when you're in there. It's not an incentive to avoid whatever got you there, it's a minor inconvenience at most.

• Not really

Detention only starts the children on a long line of understanding that when they do something wrong, they are simply pulled apart from their peers for an extended amount of time to think about what they did. I think more constructive punishment, such as forcing the kids to help around the community or help the high school or middle school with projects will spark an interest in community service, as well as giving the kid a sense of purpose. It may even keep them more busy and likely to use their time in wise ways.

• No, detention does not serve a purpose!

I do not believe that dentenion serves a purpose, because the same children are uselly back in dention for doing the same thing. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. If detention, did not work the first time, the school system needs to be creative and implement another cause to correct the behavior!

• No, detention doesn't do much to improve anything.

Detention doesn't do much but prove that someone has the power to cause you an inconvenience. It's my understanding that kids that are put on detention are just basically made to waste time not doing much of anything. There's no attempt to correct the behavior that got the kid in trouble, just supposedly a set amount of time to "think about it" while not being free to do what he wants. As a form of behavior modification it really isn't very effective.

• It doesn't help the child who gets the detention

You can get detention from showing up late to ditching school to swearing... It is more of a catch all punishment and the thing is not all bad behavior is equal and therefore there shouldnt be a catch all punishment. Also you can get detention for stuff you didn;t do or for being hit due to the reason you were involved in a fight.

• No its pointless

Bcz it does not teach the students anything and its pontless. Some take it as a joke and you are more likely to see the same students in detention again. Half the time its not the students fault but the teachers so yeh peace out u guys so yeh so

• It Doesn't Change Anything

• It Doesn't Change Anything

• It Doesn't Change Anything

• It Doesn't Change Anything