Does Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s 'I Have a Dream' speech still call us to action today?

• Yes, he absolutely still does

Despite the speech having been made in 1963, that does not mean that it is simply a moment in history. Today, there is still racism and prejudice toward groups of people. His speech reminds us that we all deserve freedom; we all deserve equality, and we should not allow ourselves to have any less.

• Yes it does.

I do think that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s 'I have a Dream' speech still calls us to action today. The words in that speech were so powerful that it will always motivate people to take action. It is inspiring and it doesn't even matter if the action is related to the speech, it still motivates people.

• Yes, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s 'I Have a Dream' speech does still call us to action today.

Yes, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s 'I Have a Dream' speech does still call us to action today. Racism is still a very prevalent thing across America, and law makers are still trying to segregate people in some aspects. His speech calls for more equality amongst peoples, and that is still something we are trying to work on today.

• Yes, it is still a call to action.

Any inspirational speech has effects many years after its deliverance. Look at the one given by Abraham Lincoln. Certainly MLK had a message for us and was persuasive in delivering it. A lot has changed since then, but a lot still needs to change and his speech inspires us to dream and do more for justice.

• Dr. King isn't forgotten

Dr. King has a national holiday named after him in the US - How could someone argue that he's been, in any way, forgotten? Dr. King's message of equality and the end of prejudice against any group is timeless, and not just a good way to run a country, but the only way a successful one can run optimally today.

• Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s 'I Have a Dream' speech does not call us to action today.

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s 'I Have a Dream' speech does not call us to action today. It was an important part of history but I think that is all it is now is history. We will all remember that speech for generations to come but it does not have any influence in how we live our life today.