Does everyone have the absolute right to asylum in another country?

• Everyone has the absolute right to asylum in another country.

Everyone has the absolute right to asylum in another country. There are a lot of countries out there that do not treat their citizens fairly. People should be allowed to live where they think that they can be happy and have a family. I think everyone has a right to asylum to another country.

• I disagree if countries should grant asylum.

They're people out there that look like everyone else and seem like genuine people. They could be a serial killer or a terrorist. Are you really ready to fight a fight that could have been avoided? In my opinion if it is not a crime here it can be considered for them to migrate here. But what says that if they've committed a crime in another country that they wont commit one here.

• No they don't.

I do not think that everyone has the absolute right to asylum in another country. I really think it depends on what they have done. If they are a mass murderer, then I do not think they have the right to asylum. If they have committed a crime like Edward Snowden, then I think they do have the right.

• No, there has to be a good reason.

We do not want to harbor criminals or allow that other countries can harbor our criminals. However, criminal activity is defined differently from nation to nation so it is okay to harbor someone when they are being persecuted in their own country for something the asylum country would not consider a crime.

• No one really has that right

Technically no one really has an absolute right to asylum in another country. You have a right to be accepted into your country of citizenship and that's about it. It is up to the country whether to take you in asylum or not. If they take you they are really being generous to you.

• Sometimes we shouldn't let people in.

We can't just let everybody in claiming asylum. Bad people could get in, people who don't like the country they're entering could get in. Terrorists and criminals who come to us, don't automatically get off the hook. America has the right to choose who enters or not. If the person genuinely has a good intention, we can consider asylum. If not, then too bad so sad.

• Countries Grant Asylum

I do not believe that everyone has the absolute right to asylum in another country. Countries are the entities that decide whether or not to grant asylum, not individuals. It is also not an immediate right, some countries prefer to not get involved, others may not want to do it due to their own national interest.