• Every choice we make is inspired by fashion.

I think that fashion has extreme relevance in our society today. I can't quote it verbatim, but the editor in The Devil Wears Prada has a great mini-monologue about how fashion matters, even to people who think they're above it all. So many decisions we make in even the most mundane daily choices are based on colors or patterns some fashion designer chose a year or two ago.

• to an extent, yes

I do think fashion does have a relevance and plays a role in our society. In the world of show business and entertainment, looks mean just about everything and unfortunately, a lot of people are judged by how they look. Fashion obviously plays a pretty big role in one's appearance.

• Yes, it is an expression of style.

Yes, fashion has relevance in society, because it shows where society is at. Fashion shows what people believe is important at the time. Fashion reflects our tastes, and it reflects our values. Future generations can study our age by studying fashion. It is a window into how we live as a culture.

• Fashion does have a relevance in society.

Fashion does have a relevance in society. Fashion is a big business in the United States and should always be that way. How we treat the fashion industry and styles that we choose to wear is a big boost in the economy. Anytime people are out spending money it is always a good thing.

• No it doesn't

Ultimately, fashion does not have any relevance in society. I think that people like fashion, and they want and believe that it is relevant. But in reality, fashion really does not make any difference. I will never understand why people make such a big deal about the clothes other people are wearing. Clothing should be designed for necessity, not solely for fashion.