Does Free Market Capitalism Work Against Democracy?

• Free market capitalism does work against democracy.

Yes,free market capitalism does work against democracy.The premise behind capitalism is economic health is measured.This philosophy tends to encourage bigger and bigger corporation which directly goes against the philosophy of democracy which says that the small guy has as much say as the bigger guy which has much more money.

• Free Market Capitalism doesn't work against Democracy.

I do not think that Free Market Capitalism works against Democracy. If anything, it is the very essence of Democracy. When business are allowed to price good and products to whatever price they want, it helps to create a competitive market where the buyers benefit. I think Free Market Capitalism is great.

• Of course not!

The idea of capitalism is competition--it's the thing that motivates people to work harder because the other person is making more money. Name one area that socialism has worked and the nation has prospered, just one. Capitalism goes hand in hand with democracy. The people can own private property, run businesses, and vote. The idea of socialism kind of sounds nice, but it doesn't work, because it gives no motivation to work hard and competition encourages hard work.

• No, I don't think free market capitalism works against Democracy.

I believe that free market capitalism goes hand in hand with Democracy, there are times that people who lots of money will try to buy politicians but it is often discovered and any benefits they were receiving will quickly evaporate, I think free market capitalism and democracy can easily work together.

• no, it doesn't.

I don't have a problem with free markets and letting the market dictate pricing and all of that, because we have seen that it works. It has worked well in the United States. But, the thing is, is that it can't be completely unfettered and unregulated. There has to be laws.

• Not at all

No, I do not think that it works against democracy at all. I think that this is not going to affect a democratic nation at all, and that it is just a way for the businesses to be ran, it will not make a problem for a government of a country.