• Yes, to an extent.

I believe gender equality exists, to an extent.

I would need a detailed scenario to look at, but in terms of blanket equality? I think definitely. Some men will always look at women as lesser beings, but they are the vocal few, whereas the majority believe in equality.

This is just in my opinion from where I live, but women here were always treated as the same or even better then men, being given special "female only" programs to boost their education and their employment opportunities, as well as women having more lenient crimes then men, especially in cases such as rape against men and violence against men.

This is just where I live but I can assure you that women have more leniency on crimes and better education opportunities then men, so where I live it's less about equality and more about female dominance over men, however if we speak out about this we get berated and insulted because we want the same rights as they do.

Equality is a 2 way street.

• General equalit exists, but perfect equality does not

Due to the nature of man being imperfect, it's likely that there will always be hints of prejudice, racism, and bigotry in the modern world. But recently, and largely since the 1960s movements have been made to promote equality in social structures and the workplace. Interestingly enough, women still are paid less than men.

• We are all equally humans

All of the evident equality observed in society is due to the fact that we are all fellow humans. Beyond that, we are all different. Humanity and its consequent independence of self and consciousness grants all humans innate equal rights, opportunity, and equality under the law. Equal outcome, on the other hand, is exempt, as it restricts how much an individual can utilize their rights by how other individuals do. Humanity does not relate to that at all, as the usage of rights may differ from individual to individual, and is a quality that does not make anyone any less or more a human.

• Of Course Not

Since biological equality is obviously false, I will be attacking "moral equality". Being the idea that all individuals are inherently entitled to certain legal and moral status simply due to the fact that they are human.

A belief in moral absolutes I think is the keystone foundation of egalitarianism. Being idea that there exists these judgmental axioms that apply to each and every one of us, regardless of our circumstances. Both society and nature exists in a state of intricate supply and demand. In an evolutionary context, if species fails to supply any adaption to environmental demands, it will become less efficient at surviving and reproducing. I think society can be examined in a very similar way. To impulsively prescribe universal rights to all of or perhaps a group within a society is to harm its ability to provide flexibility in response to environmental demand, therefore hindering human prosperity. So of course, this leads to my conclusion of egalitarianism being nothing more than an arbitrary impediment to societal accomplishment.

• No, the measurement of many indicators is arbitrary

General Equality does not exist. You can never get an objective general score for how equal people are because any indicators are arbitrary as to how much something is worth and is worth differently to different people.

• The question was “does” not “should”.

The reality is that people around the world are treated differently dependent on their race, social background, religion, physical characteristics, sexual orientation, education and gender.

For example, a black handicapped lesbian dwarf born to a prostitute mother and a Muslim father and who never went to school is unlikely to be offered a job in an exclusive Israeli golf club.

• I think not.

The terms equity and equality are sometimes used interchangeably, which can lead to confusion because while these concepts are related, there are also important distinctions between them.

Equity, as we have seen, involves trying to understand and give people what they need to enjoy full, healthy lives. Equality, in contrast, aims to ensure that everyone gets the same things in order to enjoy full, healthy lives. Like equity, equality aims to promote fairness and justice, but it can only work if everyone starts from the same place and needs the same things.

Let’s think for a moment about runners sprinting around an oval track during a competition.

• It will never exist

The reason for it is because somewhere along the line, something, will make someone feel superior to another person, or people. In today's society, the something is money. Money makes the rich superior to the middle and lower class. Race is another thing, but it's not nearly as common. It's a lot more discreet, but it's still there.

• How ridiculous is this?

EQUALITY HAS NEVER EXISTED. History shows us that right from the go, men dominated over women, whites over black, rich over poor, and on and on. Even in religion, which is supposed to be the purest way of life, there is a hierarchy and wars have never ceased. Just because in recent times people have had the good sense to put up laws and rules in an attempt to ease inequality, does not mean that it has gone or that equality has taken it's place.