• Yes, but the problem is we haven't ask 'God' yet

Well it all actually depends on individual beliefs and mentality. The belief and religion of people can shape their minds and perspective, so the only way to answer this question is to ask the subject of this debate itself. Except if you don't believe in 'God' in the first place,then the topic is kinda hard to answer. An example for this topic is the crusades, Pope Urban persuaded the people of Europe to go on the crusades through the reason of him being God's spokesperson, but we didn't know God's opinion on it did we? Yes, you can argue that people are the ones who cause that war, but aren't the people the ones that actually make a religion work. Religion is an ideology, much like socialism and capitalism, the only difference is how ingrained into history they are.

• If you believe the bible and the Koran are the word of God

The Hebrews were commanded to commit genocide to facilitate their invasion of Canaan. God promised Abraham the land to his descendants with no regard to the views of the indigenous people, and then Joshua led their subsequent invasion. It is this belief that God gave them the land which is used by zionists today to build illegal settlements in Palestine.

Then even a cursory reading of the Koran shows a number of verses extolling Muslims to kill infidels.

• Under some circumstances

If you need to go to war, you need to go to war, I do not think that god approved of Johnson's war or bushes war, what ever happened to "the United States Wil never start a war, we do not want a war, we are not now expecting a war"

• I am the devil

God isn't real, why do people think there is a being who spends all his time watching everything we do, GOD IS DEAD AND IM THE DEVIL BITCHES, SO SUCK IT MOTHER FUCKERS. Guess what I'm a gay woman with tattoos and has had pre marital sex. DEVIL DEVIL DEVIL.

• I am the devil

• Everything is a part of gods plan.

Often christians say thet God have a plan for us. It mean that all the good and all the bad is also a part of his plan. It mean that The Holocaust, inquisition and of course all wars was a part of his plan. If everything is a part of the plan to an allpowerful being, it means that god approve wars.

• I'll Just Quote The Bible

Ecclesiastes 3:8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Matthew 11:12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.

Ephesians 6:11-19Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel.

• In Self Defense

Allah (swt) says you can only go to war if non-believers declare war on Islam and all Muslims. The Quran says, "Fight against those who fight against you in the way of Allah, but do not transgress, for Allah does not love transgressors. Kill them whenever you confront them and drive them out from where they drove you out. (For though killing is sinful) wrongful persecution is even worse than killing. Do not fight against them near the Holy Mosque unless they fight against you; but if they fight against you kill them, for that is the reward of such unbelievers." (2:190-191)

• God does not approve of any form of violence

Most important part of the bible: God loves all. It doesn't matter what you look like, your political views,or your sexuality. God loves you. So obviously, it must pain him that we are fighting against each other. Here is a quote from the bible about war:

Matthew 26:52
    Then Jesus said to him, “Put your sword back into its place. For all who take the sword will perish by the sword.

• NO. /God does not take sides in todays wars.

Many think that God approves of war. They reason that he commanded some of his worshippers in the past to engage in warfare; the Bible record confirms as much.
    Others, however, note that God’s Son, Jesus, taught his followers to love their enemies.

In the ancient past,- God viewed warfare as a legitimate means of bringing an end to various forms of oppression and wickedness.

But it was God—not humans—who rightfully determined when such warfare was to take place and who was to be involved. And did God wage war eagerly, in a bloodthirsty way? Quite the contrary. He actually hates violence. (Matthew 5:43, 44)- “You heard that it was said: ‘You must love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 However, I say to you: Continue to love your enemies and to pray for those who persecute you,
    Warring nations often appeal to God for support. But God does not take sides in today’s wars. Instead, in his Word, the Bible, he clearly states: “Return evil for evil to no one,” and, “Do not avenge yourselves.” (Romans 12:17, 19) Moreover, he has made known that mankind should “wait patiently for him” to take action, which he will do at Armageddon. (Psalm 37:7).

• Not God rather say "Humans approve of war"

As far as I think "fighting in the name of Religion" is the most pathetic thing Humans have created.I mean if God exists (and I believe he exists) he would not restrict himself to us humans only (just because we have a more complex thought process than other species) and give abrupt direction to kill some other human because he believes in other form of God (or some other God?),I mean do we human think God is some mirror image of ours? Who is insecure,afraid or tensed.
    God is the creator whatever we do (or don't do) is all within his ambit.Our good or bad cannot escape him.
    All I am saying is God has never, nor will ever approve of war.
    Its all the way obnoxious thoughts of human which is causing war and distortion around in the world.
    Its sad that we human being so mentally developed & advanced have created these hopeless things (fighting in name of God).

• God does not approve of War.

God is love and love is God. A God of Love can not approve war which are nothing but mass violence in the guise of some just cause. But everything can be achieved through dialogue. God wants us to enter into discourse and sort our problems peacefully. However, if the opponent is unreasonable and simply does not listen to the voice of reason then there is no alternative. But this opposition to violent forces through courageous acts can not be considered as war but some kind of duty. God encourages us to carry out our duties.

• Of course not.

Because what the religious freaks see as "God" does not exist. I mean come on now we can get into this argument on yes he does or no he doesn't. And you know what... In a universe in which we know everything is infinite why not? But I just think it's really arrogant for someone to come to the conclusion that this is how we were created and this is why we are here and this is the way God wants it as If they have all the answers and my whole life should revolve around pleasing this creator as if I don't suffer from enough mind created stress. Now religion for sure is all about war. You can't deny wars often revolve around special interest religious groups. I mean I guess you can it's you're world you bunch of nuts, I'm just here. Let me conclude by saying this though I don't claim to know what God is but I seriously doubt that he gives two shit's about us fighting these more often then not pointless wars.

M4Sherman says2015-11-15T06:59:11.727
I would say that he understands the purpose and needs of war, but he doesn't like it.