• Of course - our God is loving.

Parents want the best for their children. And If that means the child has to suffer for an ultimately good reason, then so be it. It is just like it is with God.

I think it is very important for us to realise, that under the Christian view, the purpose of life is not happiness. Nor is it to be fed, or to be in good health. The purpose of life is to serve God - and through him, achieve eternal life. And if that involves suffering, then so be it. Because through God, we can manage suffering. Any suffering we experience in this life will be irrelevant when we get to heaven

• A Loving Father

A loving father will definitely not spoil his child. He will definitely tell him what's right and what is wrong. He will discipline his child but he cannot always force him to do what's right. God created us with free will and told us what's right. We chose to do wrong and allow sin to enter our lives. However, a loving father will always forgive his child when he comes back to repent of his mistakes. You will never understand his love unless you experience it. I believe that God loves you no matter who you are, what you have done, do or will do and what situation you are in. Hard times will always come. God helps you endure them and gives you the joy to continue. I encourage you to just ask God to show you His love.

• Yes, he does.

1 John 3 - "See how very much our Father loves us, for he calls us his children, and that is what we are! But the people who belong to this world don't recognize that we are God's children because they don't know him." We are God's children, and He loves us. So yes, He does love us like children, because we are His children.

• I think he doesn't know us all personally, instead only observes our world without interference.

I say this because there is so much suffering in the world. I know that I try to do everything I can to help my children. And if God treats us like children why doesn't he help? Some say it's because he cannot affect freewill, however that doesn't mean he can change the weather to make more crops grow. Others say it's all for an ultimately good reason, however, I can see no good in killing your children. Only post only personal philosophy and reason, no Bible quotes. Also if you are an atheist, please leave.

• The existence of eternal hell paints this answer "no"

If a child were to maim, slander a parent, etc. They would still love her, for my instinct and emotion demands of me to protect and care for her regardless of her actions, much like all rational beings (animal kingdom included).

It does seem very contradictory, and contradictions are impossible to exist as much as a cubic sphere.

• Does God Love Us

Well.... First we would need to define 'god'.... I believe it would be safe to assume this is a theistic god, so I would ask which god? There are only about 3000.... Once you are able to define the god you mention, I would ask for Evidence that he/she exists.... Sorry but a 'Holy Book' (ie: Bible/Quran) is not evidence... If it was, the Quran is also Evidence of the Muslim God, and on and on we go.

If evidence is presented... I can present an argument... Until then, we only clear answer is no, as for all accounts, god (every god) is a myth.... A myth is unable to love.