Does "God" really exist: Is faith enough to make God "exist"?

• It is obvious

For there to be a painting, there must be a painter. For there to be an invention, there must be an inventor. For there to be a creation, there must be a creator, I.e. God. Not only that, but it takes far more faith to believe the universe was created by chance and that life was achievable on Earth because of a few chance collisions. God is the logical answer, and that doesn't take much faith because it is so obvious.

• I believe He does

I am not the type to push my personal faith on others, but yes I have reason to argue for the existence of God due to events that happened in my personal life. Speaking not so much from my personal experiences, there is actually scientific evidence that would point toward what I believe to be true. I think everything happens for a reason, and that if you think about theories such as intelligent design and creationism, they make more sense than alternative theories such as the big bang, evolution, etc. God is real, in my opinion, and my reasons to believe this are not just based upon some sort of blind personal faith.

• Science can't explain everything

Don't get me wrong- I believe in evolution and support the quest for knowledge. But you can believe in God and science. I don't think science disproves God. Maybe the laws of science were created by God. My gut feeling tells me God exists. There's just something about being an atheist that doesn't feel right. Many people have almost died and seen the light of God. Scientists say they were brain hallucinations but the people who have seen the light know for sure that it's the light of God and are often told that it's not their time to die yet. There will obviously never be any physical/scientific evidence for God but I think there is enough circumstantial evidence to believe in him (or her)

• God does exist but religion isn't enough to prove he is real.

I support that no faith isn't enough to prove that God exists; but i don't agree with there is no God did you great great grandfather exist in order for you to be here yes. But since you have never seen him but you know he was alive how can you say God doesn't what was before the big bang and what caused the big bang to happen. You can't get something from nothing.

• It could make sense.

I don't personally believe God exists, but I accept that people believing is what inspires them. I would say that them thinking there is a God regardless of the truth, could make them more productive. So yes, in some way I would say faith can create a "God" in your mind.

• It could make sense.

• It is rational to believe in God

I would argue that everything which begins to exist must have a cause because if that were not the case than "it becomes inexplicable as to why anything and everything doesn't come into existence out of nothing" as analytical philosopher Dr. William Lane Craig puts it. In the real world we never see anything beginning to exist by popping into existence uncaused. If something can come into existence out of nothing than why can't a box of chocolate cookies pop into existence on my desk or Richard Dawkins' book "The God Delusion", or a bald eagle wearing a tuxedo for that matter? To believe that something can come into being out of nothing is to believe in something more preposterous than magic because at least with magic you've got the magician.
    A possible counter argument to this premise is that subatomic particles have been witnessed to come into existence in a vacuum. However this really isn't an objection at all because the subatomic particles do not actually come into existence out of nothing but come into existence as a result of energy fluctuations in the vacuum. In other words they have a cause for their existence.
    A second premise would be that the universe began to exist as evidenced by modern cosmology. According to cosmological study the universe is expanding and can be traced back to a point where the entire universe was compressed in one point. Also the Second Law of Thermodynamics states that the total amount of energy in the universe is slowly becoming more unusable until the point at which the entire universe is rendered in a state of total entropy. If the universe is infinitely aged than we must wonder as to why this hasn't happened yet?
    There is a counter to this argument that we don't know everything that has occurred in the universe's past therefore we do not have clear knowledge as to why this is the case but I think it is at least safe to say that we have a safe assumption here that the universe began to exist.
    Because both the premises are true than the conclusion must follow that the universe has a cause. Now the question is why is the cause "God". Obviously we cannot just say "the universe therefore god", no we have to have justification.
    Based on the complexities and attributes of the universe we can deduce that the cause of the universe would have to be enormously powerful in order to create the vast complexities and operations of the universe, timeless as an uncaused and infinite object, immaterial as it would be outside the physical universe, changeless as it would not be affected by time or space, and spaceless as an immaterial object.
    Lastly, the creator must be a personal agent. All that can fit the universe's cause's uncontroversial properties (being spaceless, timeless, immaterial, and powerful) is a disembodied mind. The comparison is an obvious truth! A disembodied consciousness is by far the most reasonable explanation.

• No and neither does faith in santa because he doesn't

A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it. – David Stevens

THERES NO god, IM AN ATHEIST, YOU ARE CREATED BY CHANCE, YOU GO TO WHERE YOU WERE BEFORE BIRTH OF A ANIMAL, god DOESN'T EXIST, I DONT BELIEVE IN god... NO god, NO HEAVEN, NO HELL, NO AFTERLIFE... There is literally no more prove than other religion... I can't believe some people are that stupid to believe in god and santa😂😂😂 YOU ARE CHANCE EVOLUTION CYCLE FROM NOTHING, NO CREATOR, THE CREATION OF EARTH WAS WAS AN ACCIDENT... HUMANS WERE CREATED BY CHANCE AND SO UNIVERSE NOTHING IS SOMETHING

• God doesn't exist

“If forty million people say a foolish thing it does not become a wise one.”
    W. Somerset Maugham (1901)

THERES NO GOD, IM AN ATHEIST, YOU ARE MADE BY CHANCE. You GO TO WHERE A ANINAL WAS BEFORE BIRTH, GOD IS A LIE AS WELL AS SANTA

* I POSTED THIS AS WELL BECAUSE SOMEONE FORCED RE... On ME

• God doesnt exist

W. Somerset Maugham (1901)

THERE IS NO GOD, I'm AN ATHEIST, YOU ARE MADE BY CHANCE, YOU GO TO WHERE A ANIMAL WAS BEFORE BIRTH

* I posted this as well because someone forced re... On me

• God doesnt exist

W. Somerset Maugham (1901)

• Faith Does Not Create God

Faith and God are two different things. If we assume God actually exist, your faith that he exist, does not effect the fact that he actually does exists. If God was non-existent, no amount of faith that God does exist, would create God. Know one truly knows if God exists, because to believe in God, you must have faith.

• No--God does not exist

As comforting as it would be to think that faith alone can make "God" exist, I disagree that there is a higher power. In my opinion, religion is the root of many of the problems that the world faces today. If anything, blind faith in a divine power only corrupts the intended purpose of a "God," resulting in people who blame their shortcomings on powers beyond their control or use religion to justify their discrimination.