• Otherwise, millions of people would have a mental disorder that causes them to be functional in all other parts of their lives

Now, I'm not saying that this "proves" God exists, because that's what faith is for. I'm a follower of Christ, and I can tell you right now, you're right there is no true evidence for God's existence, anyone who claims so is lying! However, that isn't necessarily the point, and there are many other factors that cause someone to truly believe God is real and know him in their lives. For example, God may tell you to do something, which is the complete opposite of what you thought you would do, or what you want to do. Then, they do it, and it works out amazingly. Some people try to work things out on their own, it doesn't work, they go to God, and their lives are turned around. Now, if it's just someone's imagination, I'd like to see the Science behind that!

• Depends on what you mean.

I believe that the God of the Bible has used prophets to share his message. Whether that be Abraham, Moses, etc. However, I don't believe that God literally took control of their body and spoke for them. If that was the case, then there would have been no need for Aaron to speak for Moses. I even believe that the Gospels are divinely inspired.
    Consider John 14:26: "But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you." (NIV)

That clearly means that the Gospels are infallible and free of error. So yes, God has used prophets to spread his message and helped the Disciples recall events.

• Depends on what you mean.

• If he did the people who claim he does would be much smarter.

All the people that believe god speaks through them all contradict each other and are no more profound than the average bear or at least most of them arent by far. An all knowing gods word would make man made words look ridiculously stupid as his hers or its will be so profound it had to have come from god. Are your experiences consistent with that? No they are not at least from all ive heard. Even when you believe the same things you beileve them for tons of different reasons.

• The gods don't exist.

The Christian, Muslim, Ancient Greek, Ancient Roman, Ancient Egyptian and millions of other gods people on Earth created do not exist. There has never been any evidence for them. People have believed many ridiculous improbable claims that someone made up. The ancient Greeks and Romans believed in their gods and mythical creatures too.

• God doesn't speak to you, it is only you thinking inside your head.

Once people are brought up from childhood in their religion that says god talks to you, those religious people start to mistake their own thoughts with gods. So these people are mistaken and claim their thoughts are from God, just like those delusional, hallucinating ancient people.

So these people just wish god was real, they really want to think gods talking to them, so they mistake their own thoughts with a god because they believe in their religion, and want it to be true, so they think it's god so therefore they're irrational because they wish so much that it goes against rational thinking.