Does Google collect too much personal information?

• Tracking our Whereabouts

Why do they need to track my whereabouts in timeline for the last 3 years? Why do they make it so hard to delete the info they collected about you? They are certainly Big Brother and I can't figure out why they need this information, taken from me without my knowledge.

• Yes, Info completely unnecessary

Google "needs" my phone number for better account specific support and to verify the info is correct. I can easily get a number from a free texting app and use it for verification. Does this mean that what I entered is accurate? Nope.

Google "needs" my age to help filter age restricted content. Ever seen the little check box that says "I'm over 18?" Ever seen a kid tell the truth about it anyway?

Google "needs" my location for a better user experience when searching. The few times I actually am searching for something close the name of the business filters it down to my location, or I can enter in a zip code, a state, or a city and it will get me there.

It's sad people have lost the value of privacy and are willing to hand over this information and more to any site who says "We need this to help you." Google's definitely not the only one. Heck, this debate site wants my age to better serve me....Sad...

• Yes, Info completely unnecessary

• Yes, all that info is not required.

Google says a phone number is required to provide account specific support and make sure info is accurate and up to date. Providing my # does not mean that anything else is true, and phone number verification can be easily faked with free web texting apps that provide you your own number.

Google says it needs your age to filter age restricted content. Even seen a kid who was trying to get into something restricted tell the truth and exit out? Didn't think so....

Google wants my location to customize my search results, etc. If one of the few times I search for something it requires local results I can easily type in my zip code or pick up a phone book. Again completely unnecessary.

And Google is not the only one guilty of this...It seems people have lost the sense of value of their privacy and are more than willing to hand over all their information for "a better user experience."

• Yes, I think Google does collect too much personal information.

Google collects every piece of information about you imaginable, from your name to your phone number and they even study your browsing habits and form a personality profile about you, Google likely knows more about you then you know about yourself, I think this is very dangerous depending on how Google ends up using this data.

• Yes, but it is nothing to worry about.

Google is one of the fastest growing industries and corporations on the planet, and is very secure in my opinion. They have tons of millions of information for personal use, but I do not think that that is anything to worry about because many other corporations have the same amount.

• Google is in our wallet, peeking at our drivers license!

When filling out a random form, Google stores my likes and dislikes. Pages with similar interests interest are now available for me to peruse. It tends to make people paranoid that every keystroke is being compiled and stored. Google wants to store my passwords and information in a cyberfault that exists and is monitored by virtual ghosts. They assume I trust them to safe guard my personal information, when I do not. They do collect too much information that, when asked, would not be given to them.

• Yes They Do

I feel like Google does collect too much personal information, but they certainly aren't the worse perpetrators on the Internet. I wish we could go back to a time when you didn't have to input droves of personal information to take advantage of services provided by sites like Google. I miss the old Internet.

• No, Google collects the same amount of information as any other site.

No, Google asks the basic information that all sites ask you prior to making an account on it. Google only needs the information necessary to make an appropriate account and goes through all the necessary verification steps to ensure there is no scam or virus. Google is good about keeping things short and sweet.