• Yes, hip hop has a negative impact.

A large portion of black youth learn everything they know about life from hip hop. For whatever reason a lot of parents choose not to be parents. Hip hop talks about doing drugs, committing crimes, and treating women disrespectfully. It's not surprising then that black youth do drugs, commit crimes, and disrespect their women.

• Hip hop has a negative impact.

Hip hop uses profanities and is offensive to women. The use of "The N Word" is offensive to everyone, no matter what race. Hip hop tries to annoy mainstream society, but really it is disrespectful to everyone. Real artists do not need to insult anyone to get their message across.

• No its cool music

Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap! Rap!

• Cool music bruh.

Makes you cool. Made my surroundings cool. Made my family cool. Made my outlook on life cool. Made everything around a lot cooler. This is due to the cool music and its coolness rubbing off on everything. Rubbing off on people and the environment we live in. Hip-Hop is cool.

• Hip-Hop was created to get kids off the streets.

You people are generalising of what hip-hop is. Sure many artists destroy the image of the music but influential artists like KRS-ONE, Gang Starr and DJ Kool Herc who is the creator of the genre, use it as a way to get kids out of gangs by focusing them on things other than violence. When they rhyme about the ghettos and the violence they are reflecting on the tough life they lived but now they are living a better way.

Long story short, when you say hip hop talks about using drugs and guns and disrespecting women, which I am strongly against, you cant say that all of hip hop shares the same views because there are people out there fighting to reclaim the name of hip hop and restore it to its former glory.

Think of how prejudicial and ignorant you will sound before you open your mouth and take some time to look into a topic before you make your mind up.

soccermessi12 says2014-11-02T19:34:07.033
I believe that the impact created by hip-hop depends on the type of hip-hop you are listening to. Some types of hip-hop can lean more towards rap, while others more like Dubstep. This is my opinion.