• It does repeat itself

As a result of the first world war. Germany was left in serous debt to the rest of the world. This had a huge inflationary impact on the German currency, leaving their country in ruins for something that wasn't entirely their fault. This made the people sour about the whole thing which created an opening for the infamous Adolf Hitler. Who promised that he could restore germanys pride and power. Which lead to an eventual violation of the treaty of Versailles. Which then triggered the second world war. Boom Bam baby two world wars for the price of one because, wait for it... History REPEATS ITSELF

• Yes history repeats itself

By simply observing what's happening to us now and in the past history repeats itself. For example, Mayon volcano erupted in 1615 and erupted in 1814 it now called an history of the mayon vocano in albay. By just observing the eruption of the volcanoes it happens again and again.

• Yes history repeats itself

• Look at our history to see the proof!

History does, in fact, repeat itself. Look at all those battles one hears about in war - one side is always outmanned, outgunned, and outgeared in general, but they end up winning! Why? Because they have good leaders. A few examples - tons of battles in the Revolutionary War of the US against Britain - they had better men, better guns, and better supplies, but the US ended up winning because the US had better leaders - Washington and the French. Another example is the battle of cinco de mayo, 1862 - the peasants were basically screwed, but they had General Zaragoza to lead them, so they ended up winning. Yet another example is a few of the battles of the American Civil War. The Union had better trained men, better guns, and better supplies, and more of all of the above. Yet they ended on top because they had all those amazing generals - "Stonewall" Jackson and the like. So yes, history does repeat itself, quite obviously.

• History undeniably repeats itself.

No, it will not be word for word, not every part will be the same. History will not literally repeat itself. However the earth will continue to rotate around the sun and people will cause conflicts that are either world wide or between two human beings. History repeating itself is unavoidable. The nature of mankind has always been the same and always will be, the only differences in it are the developed technology, which change the way we display this nature.
    "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." - Albert Einstein. This quote brings up another good thing. It applies to one trying to fix a problem, advising them to look at it from a different perspective. Applying this to history repeating itself, you can't look at a situation in a way that one has not already looked at before in a similar situation. Surely Einstein did not intend for this sentence to be used this way, but it is true that history does indeed repeat itself.

• Yes history repeats itself

Not to get religious but the Bible, Torah, Koran and majority of spiritual holy books have written down stories telling the history of the world. That's why if you read carefully you notice the same story is written /told in many different versions and they all speak the same warnings about what will happen if we continue down the same path. But the misconception is that these predictions are foretelling of things to come but that is not the case. What it is telling us is that the same sets of events that have happened before countless time before that has lead to a breakdown of society and it will happen again unless we as a collective change and go about things in a different way. So maybe the religious people are right that the end of days will come but not by the hand of God or Satan but by our own hands. To us that are used to living in a certain way with easy access to food, medicine, clean water and ability to communicate ,travel and receive information I believe that it will seem like the end of the world if our system is destroyed. Of course this is all speculation on my part ,my opinions based upon reading and research I have done on my own. Educate yourself and you decide.

Sincerely,

NoOne is EveryOne

• Yes,history repeats itself.

Just simply look around you that every thing in nature at one time get lost its charm or existance but with the passage of time it"ll grow up and gets its place just like the circle of earth around sun complete its circle at one point but from the same point it starts its new circle for continution of its nature.Then we see the geographical changes due to the explosion of lava.During this process some geographical changes happens like the gap between the earth gradually this gap increase its size and finally became a separate part but with the same process earth gets new pieces of land...So from this natural example we may assume that history of course repeats itself

• History most certainly repeats itself.

It's all based on power & money. If tomorrow someone offered you a million dollars to commit a crime would you do it? Almost all will answer yes. If you're struggling financially you'll want the money.
    Look at History. Germany was depressed financially during the 1930's.
    It took but one man (Hitler) to have millions of people look the other way while millions were murdered. Same for the killing of Christ.
    While he was nothing more than a pest to the Romans he was a threat to the power of the head Rabbi at the time. It's the 21st Century and nothing has changed. Money gets thrown at programs that never reach the poor. Our children ( and some adults) have relied so much on technology that they cannot do simple math or express themselves correctly. Out of the box thinking? Gone.

• History Repeats Itself

History repeats itself because there will always be people that agree with the past and things were better than the way they were. For example, John Fitzgerald Kennedy was assassinated, like Abraham Lincoln. There are people that believe they know what is best for the world, just like Hitler did.

• History repeats itself

Yes history does repeats it self. No matter how much knowledge or experience we gain we still have people in this world how use this information for evil. The knowledge of history is extremely important so we don't repeat it but unfortunately we do. This world is full of patterns weather we like it or not. I dont feel there is anything we can do to change it.

• History is a mystery

History is a mystery history is a mysteryhistory is a mysteryhistory is a mysteryhistory is a mysteryhistory is a mysteryhistory is a mysteryhistory is a mysteryhistory is a mysteryhistory is a mysteryhistory is a mysteryhistory is a mysteryhistory is a mysteryhistory is a mysteryhistory is a mysteryhistory is a mysteryhistory is a mysteryhistory is a mystery

• History repeats itself

With my life my mother cheated on my dad and she did the same thing with her other husband before my dad. She thinks its ok but its not. With her actions some might happen again the same way she id it with my dad. Its happening again, and again.

• No, I don't think history repeats itself

That’s a good question, I don’t think it does. The things that have happened in history have been pretty bad like both or the WW’s and the holocaust, have made us think that it can never happen again. People learn lessons from the first time, cause nobody wants to have to go through slavery, or WW’s, and a massive killing ever again. If history ever repeated itself we work have another WW or we’d be in slavery or always in war. Also the fact that the world is always changing in many ways.

• Repeats, but not exactly.

Circumstances change, and maybe somebody has learned a lesson...

This minimum-word restriction is silly and these words are space fillers to reach the minimum. The "history rhymes" quote has been attributed to Mark Twain, and implies history does not repeat itself exactly. I have nothing to add at this point.

• History does not repeat itself

It is impossible for history to repeat itself because it has to be exactly like the time before and the world is always changing.
    K k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k

• No it doesn't

"History does not repeat itself, but It does rhyme" Mark Twain September 15th 2013. This quote summarises my entire point into one sentence. I have never heard of a play for play repeat of past events. Stop using the war as an excuse they were for completely different reasons and under different circumstances.

• No it does not.

The Germans might have been in two world wars but they were about different subjects and I don't see a world war three coming anytime soon so history is not for some reason repeating itself like 70% of you think. Another 9/11 isn't happening any time soon either. Neither is another civil war, and the mayor volcano erupted every 200 years but we could blow it up and stop it would that stop history or will it change it for every

• H h h n n

N n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n nn n nn nnnnnn n n n n n n n nn n n n n n n nn n nn n n n n n nn n n n n n n n

• Rhyme, not Repetition.

History is in-arguably full of *similar* instances in which a specific condition creates a similar outcome. This is not repetition. Literal repetition would be a loop in which the exact events occur again. There are innumerable variables in nature which make even similar events divergent from the other - these are often not visible on the surface of a general understanding, but with a deeper understanding they are undeniable. The 'History Repeats' argument is most often perversely used to draw black and white parallels to present day, and justify a political, military, or social agenda. More often than not, far from learning from the mistakes of the past and acting differently, these agendas include actions which emulate the mistakes of the past under the false pretense that "people had things figured out back then" and "things worked out okay." We have evolved to look for patterns everywhere because it has helped us survive the wild for 100s of thousands of years. But we must be disciplined with the amazing pattern machine that is the brain, or else it will easily run away and create patterns where there are none.

• Similarities, yes. Repetition, no.

Considering this was the reason given to me by my history teacher as to why I needed to learn history, I've been looking and waiting for history to repeat itself and it has yet to happen. When I ask why I need to know math or science, I get straight forward answers. They should have just told me that it's to help us learn from our past mistakes. To look for similarities and predict the outcome.