• It is our work

Every student needs to know his or her ability in school and the teachers assign it so they know if you do what your told. This also is one very big part of your grade. A student has most of his or hers assignments missing because it is homework. This is why homework can help turn the failing students into high achievers.

• Homework is important.

Homework is important, but should be limited. If children do not finish their class work then they should take it home. Homework is not nessicary every day, but maybe 2 or 3 times a week would be benificial and teaches students some responsibility and doesn't cause too much stress. Teachers should coordinate homewoork so that they dont give students too much homework or too little. As a student alot of times I feel like my teachers give way too much homework and do not realize that students have other classes too.

• Homework helps us practice our skills.

If we didn't have homework we could not practice our skills so we would be behind in school, but if we practice then we will be ahead in school. Also, if we don't understand something in school, then our homework might help us understand it! So that is my argument.

• Homework is necessary for learning

I remember this story vividly. Driving home, I was tired from not having slept on a good bed at my Grandma's house. But I had to read a story for my English class that was 30 or 40 long pages. It was boring, and not a known author, yet i knew short stories had some validity.

• I do believe that homework makes us better students.

I do believe that homework makes us better students. Homework is not fun. Homework is boring. Homework is the bane of our existence. Homework is torture. Yet, homework is necessary. Homework is something that we have to do if
    we want to really learn our coursework and not just pass the test.

• Homework is better

At the public school level homework severs the purpose of practice for students to help them master skills like reading and writing and math. Without this practice they would not be as good of students. At college, homework is where the primarily part of the learning is done and studied.

• Yes, it teaches diligence.

Yes, homework makes us better students, because it helps us take what we have learned and apply it. Anyone can sit in class and be a passive listener. Homework makes us take what we have listened to in class and practice doing something with it. We have to communicate back to the instructor that we learned something.

• Makes You A Better Learner

I believe that homework does make better students. Students are constantly struggling with more and more responsibilities as they climb the grade levels. Homework helps students remember the information better and retain it for longer. I think this automatically makes better more well informed students. Kids that do their homework will succeed.

• Homework, when productive, is a good learning tool.

When productive homework is given, it is a good learning tool that helps students better understand material initially introduced in class. The problem with much homework, however, is that it is simply busy work without a clearly defined purpose. This type of homework is more counter productive than productive because it confuses rather than helps students.

• Homework Makes Better Students

Yes, homework does create better students because it reinforces the material taught during the school day. Too often, a child turns his/her brain off to school the moment s/he leaves the school building. Homework, then, makes sure that a child is reminded of the material taught during the day, so the material becomes truly learned.

• No it doesn't

Homework doesn't really serve much of a purpose, and its intended purpose doesn't really seem to come to light. Homework doesn't make students more educated or more focused on school, often it has quite the opposite. Even in higher education it doesn't really have its intended effects. Time to ditch homework.