Does Illegal Immigration Relate to Higher Crime Incidence?

• Yes, immigration reform can lead to more crime depending on its consequences.

When illegal immigration reform increases criminalization and results in deportation of immigrants, it obviously results in higher incidences of crime as people already in country are punished and sent away. When families are broken up, people are going to commit any crimes necessary to return to one another and avoid being separated.

• No it does not.

I do not believe that, in general, illegal immigration relates to a higher crime incidence. Most of these people are trying to obey the law because they know they are here illegally. Although, you could say that they are here illegally so they are already committing a crime. However, I think this question is asking if they are prone to committing new crimes. I don't think they are.