Does India need to do more about its child soldier issue?

• Yes India needs to do more about its child soldier issue

Yes, I think that now is the time that India changes its policies regarding children in the military, as children should be allowed in the military at such a young age. I think that children should be more focused on getting a good education, and should not be enlisted as soldiers.

• Yes, it does.

However, the use of child soldiers is part of a broader issue. The extreme poverty and limited means creates a very minute pool of resources and everyone needs to do what they can to contribute - this includes children. While it is a tragedy that they are found in military actions, the communities must make due however they can.

• Yes, it does.

• India's Army does not recruit children soldiers.

I think you have to be 17 ½ years of age to join the Indian Army. So, you are talking about children being used by the 800 or so terrorist cells in India e.G., Naxalite–Maoists.
    Http://www.Indianarmy.Gov.In/Site/FormTemplete/frmTempSimple.Aspx?MnId=gU3tVA09f+tdnshTdAUGmw==&ParentID=Ae3d9wLnBEDzwvewHJFOIg==&flag=1IUyVzrE4VZPHi0Ngq+hLw==

Children are used by terrorist groups in many of the impoverished counties, e.G., mainly Africa. But, most are not forced, they want to join because everyone is so poor and it is a way out of poverty.

"First, children in modern conflict zones are more easily recruited as the social structures around them deteriorate. This is particularly the case in long, protracted conflicts and in parts of Africa, where the AIDS epidemic will have created 40 million orphans by 2010."
    http://www.Cfr.Org/human-rights/child-soldiers-around-world/p9331

I am not sure how anyone can stop this. Until these countries resolve their own civil wars, not much America can do. America is not the watch dog for the world.

India for the most part, unless you are wealthy, is an extremely over populated country with 97% of the population living in poverty. Poverty like you would not understand because there are just too many people.

I did not know much about the population problem in India other than it was bad. I worked with a few people from India who explained the caste system in India, the one that is not supposed to exist anymore. There is a small group of people that have the wealth, and everyone else is poor and lives in poverty.

32.7% of the people make less than $1.25 per day, and 68.7% live on less than $2 per day. 96.9% or 1.179 Billion people live on less than $5 per day out of a total population of 1.241 Billion.
    Http://en.Wikipedia.Org/wiki/Poverty_in_India.

I am against anyone using children as soldiers; but, this question is directed at India, so I voted NO. The Indian Army does not use children. You have to be 17 1/2 to join the Indian Army.

All these countries are third world toilets. It will take hundreds of years to end their internal civil wars. Millions will die, including children, until those civil wars end.