• My Islam is rusty.

Do Muslim women get to own property? Vote? Divorce a rotten husband? Talk back to their husband? Hold a job? Be financially independent? Walk away alive if they happened to cheat? Or do they get all the same rights and freedoms as men? If they don't, then Islam is not compatible with democracy.

• Yes It Does

Islam is fairly intertwined with Sharia Law, if those two things could be separated then there wouldn't be a problem. However, as it generally stands Islam is somewhat of a problem for democracy. I believe it introduces a lot of problems between church and state, whereas places like the United States have separated the two, in order to make democracy work better.

• Yes, Islam is a problem for Democracy.

I definitely think that Islam is a problem for Democracy. The main principles and beliefs of Islam do not in any way support the principles and beliefs of Democracy. That is why that countries and nations that believe in Democracy should not allow Islam to ever dictate the way their countries are ran.

• In some countries the Muslims are the problem.

Yes, I said Muslims and not Islam. I don't know that much about Islam but I refuse to paint all Muslims with the same brush. The problem is that in some countries in the west large group of Muslims tend to think that violence is justified against people who leave Islam or dare to mock it, or to even criticize it. .

And this opinion is a direct threat to democracy. What is necessary for a democracy to work, to function is that everyone is free to express their opinion. So the problem is that large group of Muslims actually don't want democracy, even though they live in one.

• No, I don't think Islam poses a threat for democracy.

Overall Islam is a peaceful religion and the vast majority of people who follow Islam are peaceful and are productive members of society, there is nothing in the teachings of Islam that are anti-democracy and the militant groups that use Islam as their justification for attacking the United States are radicals and a very small minority of the Islamic faith.

• No, just like other religions don't.

Islam doesn't pose a problem for democracy at all. In America, we have something called the Constitution. More specifically, the first amendment. Even more specifically there's something called the Establishment Clause which reads "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion." If we follow that, no religion should pose any problem. Yes, I'm talking about the fundamentalist Christians running parts of our government.

• No, Islam is not incompatible with democracy.

No, Islamic beliefs do not pose a problem for democracy. Islamic and Christian teachings encourage many of the same values, and Christianity is often closely tied to strong democratic voices in international affairs. Instead, perhaps, the persistent conflict between Christian and Muslim groups has created the illusion that Islam faith is somehow incompatible with democratic governments.

• Islam is Islam

I tend to think of Islam as a religious group of people, but it also prescribes methods of governance. That being said, I do not necessarily feel that Islam poses a problem for democracy, even though it probably does not allow democracy to pervade within it's own culture, it doesn't go out and stop it.