• Yes it matters if homosexuality is a choice

Yes, I think that it would matter if homosexuality is a choice and would change how the scientific world and society views homosexuality. Those who are homosexuals are trying to argue that they are entitled to certain civil liberties like tax breaks through marriage, and if it is a choice I think that would no longer need to occur.

• In some aspects, it does matter if homosexuality is a choice.

If homosexuality (as in same sex attraction) is not a choice, then we as a society need to find out which factors cause it and keep our children away from them if possible. Also, we need to find out how to help people who would have the condition.
    If homosexuality (as in same sex attraction) is a choice then we should surely find out why someone would make that choice and help those with the problem sort out their stuff, etc.

In sum, whether same sex attraction is a choice or not definitely affects how we as a society deal with the problem. It does not, however, change that engaging in so-called "gay sex" (which is really a contradiction in terms--how can intercourse between the sexes i.e. male and female occur if only one sex is present?) is wrong, and furthermore that gay marriage is a contradiction in terms just as much as "gay sex" is. So, whether homosexuality is a choice affects how we deal with the problem, but not the impossibility of "gay sex" and "gay marriage." Also, it does not affect the fact that we should love homosexuals (in the sense of charitableness), but hate homosexual actions.

• I like fish burgers over cheese burgers. Why do you care?

I fail to see how loving another can be detrimental society. How does loving the same sex leads to AIDS, pedophilia, psychological disorders and all those nonsense studies have "proved"?
    The LGBT community is just asking for acceptance, a healthy assimilation into society devoid of judgment and only peace. Yet homophobes refuse them that right and continue to encourage prejudice, the same prejudice that has caused so much bloodshed on battlefields and city streets.

• Choice or not, who are they hurting?

Considering being homosexual doesn't harm anyone at all, it shouldn't matter whether their lifestyle is a choice or not. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't, sometimes it's both. People who oppose homosexuality will still claim that their behaviour should be 'treated/changed' regardless of whether the cause is biological or environmental.

• It would only matter if you think homosexuality is wrong.

It would only matter if you think something is wrong with homosexuality. If something is not wrong, why would it matter whether or not that thing is a choice? If you do not see anything wrong with homosexuality, then it should not matter whether or not people choose to be homosexual.

• Absolutely not at all

Some people think homosexulaty is genetic. Others think it to be a lifestyle choice, while others think it is a kind of mental illness or disease that can be "caught." No matter the "cause," they are human beings simply living their lives the way they want to. It makes no difference about where homosexuality comes from. What does matter is that people need to be tolerant of other people's lifestyles.

• No it does not matter if homosexuality is a choice

No, I do not think that it matters if homosexuality is a choice. I think that every one should be treated equality regardless of sexual orientation, including homosexuals. Those who choose to be homosexual should also be guaranteed the same rights as heterosexual couples including the right to marry and live happy lives'.

• It's not a choice but...

What does it matter? Consenting adults have the right to be with consenting adults. There are people that date robots... You get that? Robots... Robots made to look human... But no one cares. There's no laws saying a guy can't buy a robot and do whatever... Why are people like Ben Carson or Mike Pence trying to make it illegeal or punishable if two concensting adults fall in love, support each other and want the exact same protections other consenting adults get? Not special rights... Special rights would be getting protections under the law because you are a man and woman while Lgbt don't. Thats special rights... I can't make that any more clear.

• Whether or not one's orientation is a "choice" is irrelevant.

Why does it matter whether one's sexual/romantic orientation is "genetically determined" or a "choice"? Even if homosexuality were a "choice", so long as it involves consenting adults, it's not "wrong" because it's not harming anybody. People should have the freedom to choose whatever behavior, personality, or identity label, so long as it doesn't harm anybody else.

• Whether sexual orientation is a choice or not is irrelevant.

Why does it matter whether one's sexual/romantic orientation is "genetically determined" or a "choice"? Even if homosexuality were a "choice", so long as it involves consenting adults, it's not "wrong" because it's not harming anybody. People should have the freedom to choice whatever behavior, personality, or identity label they choose, so long as it doesn't harm anybody else.

• It has no bearing on the ethical question.

Just assume for the sake of argument that it is a choice. Would that therefore make homosexual acts or desires wrong? Of course not. We are still talking about consenting adults causing no harm to anyone and hence it is not unethical.

Arguing it is moral *because* there is no choice implicit concedes the best defence against those who say it is wrong.

And I do believe sexuality is to some extent a choice for a great many people, though not all. Many people will dabble with same sex encounters. I have a number of lesbian mates who tell me of thier encounters with straight women. There is fluidity in many people and simply because they are exercising a choice does not make their experimentation wrong.

I am asexual and male and for about 15 years i would indulge in sexual encounters with women. I wanted to form relationships with women and thought they were not valid unless I 'sealed the deal' with sex. However I 'chose' to present myself as a sexual person to fit in with a sexual used society and I was tired of explaining to people who assumed that I was gay when I told them I do not find women attractive.

Bottom line is no it does not matter. The question of choice is an interesting one but has no ethical or moral bearing.

• No. It doesn't matter.

Well, firstly, it isn't a choice. Can you help that you're straight? No. Just like I can't help that I like other girls. (I'm a lesbian if you missed that hint.) And even if it was (which it's not), it wouldn't make a difference! It's not like it's contagious! It is a choice to be who you are, and express yourself, and find someone you love, regardless of gender, which makes you happy! You can't choose to be homosexual, but you can choose to accept that and be happy with it!