Does it matter that the Boston bombers were Muslim?

• Yes, I think it does

I think it matters that the Boston bombers were Muslim. This is because our society was already a little bit nervous about Muslims committing acts of terror. I think Americans were coming to realize that most Muslims are peaceful people, but the bombing in Boston, and the fact they were Muslim, might reverse some of that progress.

• No, it does not matter.

The crime they committed would not be any less awful if they were not Muslim, nor is it any worse because they are Muslim. I'm sure peaceful, normal Muslims wish they were some other faith, as it just stirs up more hatred against them all, but in general, no it does not matter.

• Absolutely Not, But Yes.

It doesn't matter that they were Muslim in the sense that this is Islaam, because it's not.

Narrated By 'Abdullah: During some of the Ghazawat of the Prophet a woman was found killed. Allah's Apostle disapproved the killing of women and children.

Narrated By Ibn 'Umar: During some of the Ghazawat of Allah's Apostle a woman was found killed, so Allah's Apostle forbade the killing of women and children.

Ibn `Abbas says: The Messenger of Allah, when dispatching his troops, would tell them, ” ..Do not behave treacherously, nor misappropriate war-booty, nor mutilate [those whom you kill], nor kill children, nor the people in cloisters.”

Obviously this is not allowed in Islaam, and there is much more evidence for this.

However, it does matter in that we should recognize that these people exist, and we should start broadcasting this same evidence nation-wide, disproving their ideology, and showing our people, and Muslims in our nation, that this is forbidden even in Islaam.

• It should not.

It does not matter what kind of religion a person is. It could have just as easily been a Christian. (I know, SHOCKING!) Anyone could do almost any horrendous act. The amount of "Yes," this topic is getting is unsettling. It shows that the United State of America has not move passed racial and religions prejudice.

• No, it does not matter.

• No, it doesn't.

I do not believe that it matters if they were Muslim or not. Many acts of terrorism are committed in the name of various political beliefs, religions, or social issues. The fact that they subscribed to an extremist viewpoint branching off of the Muslim faith is secondary to the fact that what they did was horrible. So I myself do not believe that it matters what religion they subscribed to; if it wasn't the Muslim faith it could easily have been an extremist Christian manifesto they they committed their crimes in the name of.

Anonymous says2013-06-27T01:46:17.297
Well, even though they are muslims, we shouldn't discriminate them based on their religion. Jihadists are the real problem and Jihadism is a political philosophy. If the Boston bombers believe in Jihadism, then it does matter.