• Knowing Jesus will give guidance to everyone in their lives.

More than a simple question or statement of faith, but the lessons that can be learned form this master are lessons that can be used every day to guide people to serenity in life and peace in death.Everyone seems to equate the idea of being a good person to Jesus, but there is so much more to it than that. To follow his teachings means that we understand the need to not be governed by intense passions, not give into wayward temptations, be slow to anger but quick to listen, and speak kindly with others without judgment. We are called to look into the heart of people and see the good, as well as take care of those who are in need and sacrifice for others. We are also given an absolute understanding of love and how to judge love, not to mention the great glob of empathic structures for supporting ourselves and others. However, to move beyond being a good person, Jesus is an actual historical figure, and his story should be heard. Before someone attempts to shout this fact down, it is important to note how we establish historical accuracy in the ancient world, and that is done through examination of texts from the time period. If a figure or event appears in more than a few places, we tend to take it as accurate. Josephus and Muhammad both wrote about Jesus. The crucifixions of his apostles are beyond repute, and the interactions among many of the churches are recorded in volumes of epistles beyond the mere canonical stories. These simple facts alone warrant an investigation into a wandering minister and what he stood for. If nothing else, to understand why his faith became the dominant faith in the world. Also worth noting are the numerous archaeological discoveries which have arrived in support of the Bible, area, and time when Jesus lived. Lastly is the spiritual growth that comes with understanding.

• Knowing Jesus if the difference between life and death.

Either Jesus was who He said He was, or He was beyond crazy. I believe that Jesus was the Son of God. The question we should all be asking is this: is the bible true? Because if it is true, (and I believe it is for many different reasons) than Jesus was the true Son of God. Without Jesus we are still living in our sin and running towards God's wrath.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
    John 14:6

What is beyond crazy to me is how quickly people dismiss the bible. I spent a long time trying to confirm the bible. And in my conclusion I believe it to be true without a shadow of a doubt.

Either way when we die we will enter into eternity. Some will be with God and Jesus in heaven, and some will be in torment in hell. So yes, it does matter if the world knows Jesus. Without Jesus we are running towards Gods wrath... We are running towards an eternity in hell. Where the worm never dies and the fire is not quenched… (Mark 9:46,48)

• Jesus is Life

This argument could be interpreted in a few ways. One, religious. Two, non-religious. Religiously, yes it does matter because He is the one true way to eternal life and salvation. Two, non-religious-still yes, because Jesus's philosophy is the best philosophy to live by. Leading a humble, servile life is the best way to do it.

• Jesus is faith.

Jesus is the one who died on the cross for us. He did not have to. He did it for us to not make him look good, but so that we could live our lives. He did it so that we could be happy and help us with our struggles everyday without having the fear of going to Hell for our sins.

• the world really needs to know Jesus.

If you are a Christian, it is important to have Jesus in your life. Personally, I think it is more important to have God in your life, but Jesus was his son, the right hand of the Father. He died on the cross to save us from sin. In order to lead a good life, you need to have something good, whether you believe in Jesus or not.

• Imaginary gods are not needed

We have made considerable moral progress over the years, and we didn’t make this progress by reading the Bible more closely. The bible condones the practice of slavery — and yet every civilized human being now recognizes that slavery is an abomination. Whatever is good in scripture — like the golden rule — can be valued for its ethical wisdom without our believing that it was handed down to us by the creator of the universe. Ask yourself, which is more moral, helping the poor out of concern for their suffering, or doing so because you think the creator of the universe wants you to do it, will reward you for doing it or will punish you for not doing it? There was no hell until jesus came along. Is it good or moral to tell a little kid that he will burn in hell for ever if he dose not believe in jesus? God is imaginary that is what I tell my kids just like Santa. And what did we learn from Santa, that millions of people can believe in the same thing and all of them are wrong. Thank you for the question.

• One particular mythology among thousands.

Mankind has worshiped thousands of gods over the millennia, and the Abrahamic god is just another one. There is not only no good evidence that go (or any other) exists, there is no contemporary historical evidence Jesus existed. More likely he was an amalgam of the dozens of claimed Messiah figures floating around Judea at the time and older savior myths of the region.

It is Christian arrogance that seems to think everyone should believe as they do. Most other religions don't go out selling their beliefs to others.

• Matter of personal choice.

No it's not necessary for people to learn of deities or prophets. Most lessons they teach could easily be learned through good parenting. The major purpose it serves nowadays is creating drones that tell you that you should read, learn, watch this or that, very much like the annoying "nerd" type that incessantly asks you to check out some new show they love.
    Basically, you can live without it if you so choose.

• What matters are ideas

What many people would claim is that Jesus's story would help guide people in doing good things. Christians may claim he is the son of God, and that everyone should know him to be saved.

For the first claim, Jesus may very well help guide people's lives and make people do good things. This is great, but he isn't the only one that could do this. In fact, it doesn't even need to be a historical figure. Non-violence, love for one another, compassion, selflessness, and the idea of the golden rule (treat others the way you want to be treated) have been in society before Jesus. In different regions all over the world, stories of good people are abundant. The ideas themselves don't even need a story of a person to be taught. People can learn to do good things simply by comparing those qualities to other ones.

For the second claim, I don't think the Christian's point of view will be changed right now. If one thinks that Jesus is the son of god, and his story must be shared to every person so they can be saved, then the only way to change their mind would be to convince them Christianity is not accurate.

• Not at all

I am an atheist. I was raised around Christians and my mother is a Christian, but I am an atheist. I have never 'known' Jesus, yet I believe I am a very kind person. I don't lie, cheat, steal, I am not rude, I often help my mom with the volunteer work that she does, like when we used to greet the troops or when Katrina hit and we collected stuff from all over the neighborhood. I honor the 5 non-god following commandments. And I have never 'known' Jesus.

• No, it doesn't.

If the world knows kindness, compassion, wanting to help one's fellow man, assisting those who are worse off than ourselves, who are sick, who need a smile, who could benefit from any act of kindness, then no, it doesn't matter if the world knows Jesus as Jesus, because Jesus IS these things.