• There still justice even though man is self-interested.

That's why justice is been implemented for man, to lessen his own interest, and to show that justice starts from equity to equality, how? First give what is due, then man has a inborn consciousness of being good. So the action must come first to man, man must have the self-realization.
    Second man becomes greed because of his surroundings, to have this justice for man, he must learn and see that he/she has the potentiality of goodness.

• Justice does exist

Although it is imperfect, justice does still exist in the world. Many a time we tend to focus on the negative aspects that occur and those are the ones we tend to discuss. Howeever, there are a million people each day being brought to justice for the wrong that they have comitted. Therefore no matter how much we want to believe that justice does not exist it in fact does

• There are many forms of "Justice"

In this world we live in, there is right and wrong. Or at least the illusion of it. And for each such circumstance there is a corresponding type of "justice". Whether it be legal justice, spiritual justice, or even vigilantly justice; it will be served. One way or another, justice, will be done.

• Justice does exist, it just not always there.

Not every court case ends with a victim forced to pay lawyer fee's because they lost. With that being said not every criminal is caught, but karma does exist and in it real justice stays. Sorry if it was cryptic at the end, but I'm sure most of you got it.

• Regarless of what happens justice always takes place.

Justice is the end result. Plain and simple. Scenario: I'm the king. You live in my land. I come to your home and say "your home is now mine." This is justice in action. The end result is I took your home and because I am the king what I say goes. That is justice. Setting morality aside. The arguments I see in this debate are all regarding what is morally right or wrong. But morality and justice are 2 different things. Morality is absolute where as justice is a man made word. This is where people have trouble with in this debate. Mixing up the 2 words saying justice must always be what is right. But if we separate the 2 we see that justice is irrelevant and the true question we should be asking is does morality exist in our government. And now the question is to be asked are we doing the right? Thing

• Only God gives true justice

God's justice is perfect. He mixes His "justice" and mercy to form something beautiful. Our court systems try to give people justice and I honor them for that, but only God's justice is perfect. As humans, we will never achieve true justice, as we make mistakes. God will judge all of us later, but for now the courts are doing very well.

• Justice exists though it is not always served

Justice is in my opinion the love for peace expressed through actions. This means that justice has to be wanted by both sides of the argument for it to actually happen. If a person gets robbed and the robber gets caught and goes to jail the owner of the property is afraid and knows that they have been robbed they can be robbed again. This isn't justice this is punishment justice and punishment are very different things. Punishment tells the robber not to do it again true justice ensures the person will not do it again and also ensures that the robber will think what he did was wrong and that he will not just pay a fine he willwalk away guilty in his heart for he has humility. True justice is possible though it is not ingorced by the court it is inforced by the heart.

• Yes, I believe it exists, but you have to pursue it.

Much of the problem with justice is how to achieve it, one must persevere it its quest. Unfortunately, sometimes in this pursuit, one may make enemies in the process. We, as social beings, want the camaraderie with the presence of our fellow man. Much depends on what the injustice is and whether the pursuit of justice will cause isolation. People must do what they have to do LEGALLY if the injustice is extremely serious.

• Justice does exist, as it just comes in different forms.

The whole idea of "justice" is for those to get what was coming to them, or to be punished for wrong doing. With the laws we have in place today, it's hard to punish all wrong and criminal acts. The justice system sure does try, even when there are some who don't go through the court system and get away with it. It's important to remember that "what goes around comes around". It's called the law of attraction. Justice comes in many forms.

Posted by: FriendlyEzra34
  • I think justice exists, because all the bad you do will eventually catch up with you, as well as the good stuff you do.

I believe everything you do in life has consequences. They can be good or bad, but it will always have some justified effect in your life.

Posted by: PainstakingLawrence
  • Too big to fail

Law enforcement and the court systems are so big that they can barely be held accountable any more. I was arrested and held for 4 days; when I was the one being terrorized. I called the police 2 weeks before the 'victim' grabbed a hold of the front of my shirt and threatened me- and I spit at her. I know it sounds gross, but this person would not leave my house, threatened to kill herself, I bought her a plane ticket to go back home- she did- then came back....To my place of work. I had to quit, leave my house, had most of my things broken. I called the police two weeks before, and they said If I wasn't planning to have this person arrested, they wouldn't come out. This person was a loaded canon; attempted suicide. They dismissed the charges, but only because the 'victim' got a case of the conscience. I spent 4 day in jail; and the jail let her in to visit, even though they had a 'no contact' order against ME! This was F-ing insane! I was also held in a detox tank for 3 hours, when I passed breathalyzer, field sobriety, was not swerving, had 1 drink all evening (they followed me out of a jazz club that serves alcohol). Under the influence of NOTHING! I was stopped for no reason, at midnight; coming home from work. State patrol stopped me, frisked me, insisted I keep my hands out where he could see them, looked inside my car. When I asked why he stopped me, he said 'someone said a car matching mine was seen swerving'. He then told me I needed mud flaps on my jeep; which I found out from DMV was not true, because I had mud guards. Anyone who says that law in America is just, has been living like a hermit, and doesn't get out much. Probably a good idea that they don't. The 'justice' system is OUT OF CONTROL!!!

• You realize the truth as you get older

Justice ... Is only served to the popular and well liked. Regardless of whether they are right or wrong, the majority will justify their actions and make excuses for them. However, if you are in the minority and aren't well liked ... Then, they will monsterize you and give you conniving reasons for everything. This is why heroes are always good looking and villians are always ugly. Because it is a reflection of how the world really is. Statistics supports this. Therefore, justice only exists for a minority of people.

• How Is There Justice?

How can we say we have a justice system when innocent people are pretty much forced to plead guilty or no contest to a crime they did not commit? You don't think about a situation like that much until it's knocking on your back door. It happens everyday. That's why there should have to be definitive evidence and not just circumstantial. Things aren't always what they appear to be and without knowing someone there is no way possible to be able to make the right call. Therefore we have innocent people out a whole lot of money and a record when they have done nothing wrong. Never done anything criminal in their life. How do we call this justice?

• Justice is idealistic

Justice is not possible in this world. We are born with various capabilities and into various circumstances. Who we are is dependent on gene-environment interaction. We are judged by society based upon things we cannot control, skin color, appearance, etc and treated accordingly. The notion of justice is completely idealistic. When it comes to the court system, incarceration is a necessary evil. In no way is justice served when someone is incarcerated regardless of the crime they committed, our behavior is determined by gene environmental interaction. In many ways incarceration is an injustice regardless of the crime committed, unless the focus is on rehabilitation.

• Justice is inconsistent at best and therefore does not truly exist.

Jaques Derrida brilliantly explains this to us through his philosophy of deconstructionism. Either Justice operates based on a history of cases (precedent) and does not take in to account the the varying factors that change from case to case thus operating mechanically or, justice takes in to account individual circumstances but then produces inconsistent rulings. Either way, the world is ultimately unjust because it either operates as a machine with no emotions or mercy or is inconsistent and therefore unjust to those who are treated harsher.

• Despite everything we do injustice can be found everywhere.

One can start at schools and then look how corrupt is a government almost all global governments and as such the legal system covers up whatever they do.
    We also have unfair laws that arent being changed because other countries are more powerful than the ones who take the short straw.
    In the end one might say the justice-injustice situation is pretty depressing.
    Look around you injustice everywhere what are you doing about it?

• No, I work in a prison, and the inconsistencies in imposed sentences are appalling.

I realize justice is a very broad and subjective term. I am only addressing my beliefs from personal experience on my job. I don't understand how a man can kill his baby, and then do less than four years in prison. Yet, another man can rob a store with a toy gun, and get nearly a life sentence. That is so much time that he will be an old man when he gets out. It doesn't seem fair. Killing a baby is murder. Animal abusers, our future serial killers, get a slap on the wrist, if that. It's sickening. I should probably say that I do not think race plays a major role in sentencing. I'm not sure exactly what does, except money. Sometimes, I wonder what judges are thinking. In closing, I believe sentences should be "across the board", and if you do this, then you get x number of years. There can be no true justice on this Earth for murder. Just ask the family of a victim. However, harsher sentencing and an end to revolving door prisons would be a step in the right direction.

Posted by: ResoluteRosendo28
  • Justice is a human invention, and it only exists in our minds.

Justice is just a concept created by humans. There is no natural law of justice, only a flawed system created by flawed people. The evidence suggests instead that injustice exists - just as much, if not more than justice. I think that nature is the arbiter of real justice - dictating life and death for most creatures on this Earth.

Posted by: Th4Fire
  • There is no justice because life just isn't fair.

The law is unfair. Justice means that things are ended fairly and people get what they actually deserve. This doesn't happen when it comes to court systems. A criminal doesn't always get what they deserve and the victim looses more then what they could have ever expected and of course don't deserve. How could justice exist when this happens.

Posted by: B3rkIffy
  • No, not in this life.

True justice does not exist in this life, or on this planet. We aren't even the distributors of justice. That is left up to our Creator. Small instances of pacifying justice-like events take place every day. But, real justice will not be seen, or created, in the secular world. Justice is something so complicated, valuable and complex that we could never get it right anyways.

Posted by: MohaI0v35

Fate0 says2017-01-11T21:49:27.220
The losers say justice doesn't exist and the winners say justice does exist.
Fate0 says2017-01-11T21:52:04.157
Basically, justice = fairness. People find it unfair that some things in life treated them unjustly, therefore they claim justice doesn't exist.