• It makes me feel better

I couldn't be able to leave the house with out makeup anymore it makes me feel like I can do this and today will be ok. I don't always think that I should feel like I cant leave the house without it but I couldn't go on with my day without knowing that my eyebrows are nicely shaped and my eyelashes are long and curled. I am only 14 so I wear canceler, powder, mascara and filling in my eyebrows but that makes me feel so much better

• YES, we do feel better about ourselves.

I am the owner and creator of Conscious Cosmetics, and make up A LOT of women (most wearing little to no makeup). I see it over and over again... Women feel great about themselves after their "makeover"... It's so magical to see women falling in love with what they see in the mirror. I know that makeup is totally superficial, but it seems to touch something deeper within... And YES that is empowering :)

• Indeed, Makeup empowers women.

Makeup is a form of art. This allows an individual to express themselves with makeup. Makeup doesn't just boosts one's self confidence, it also helps those who have been bullied before in the past for their looks to overcome it. For those who thinks that makeup quickens the aging process and causes pimples, do some research. Makeup does NOT do all this. This only happens when you sleep with makeup on and don't clean your face properly when removing makeup.

Thankyou
    #makeupftw

• Kjshdvkljasdbvadklsbvg dryjrsyjksyjdtym ftyk

;dvuhasdoipvhyelvnqe9rgneqpjfhgakl'e[rgr g ge erg r r gr g rg g g g g g gg g g g ji j j j j j jh j j jg g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g

• Makes me feel good

I feel more confident, more attractive. I like the way I look without makeup, but it just makes me feel special when I am wearing it. I don't like that it takes time to put it on and to take it off. I love the way I can enhance my features with it.

• Make up is bae

Not all women are born with perfect looks, so people who argue that you should be happy with what god gave you are obviously already confident with there natural look. Which some people aren't, make up helps people get over self esteem issues which really can improve peoples lives forever,

• Make up is bae

• The Odd One Out

It seemed to me that when I was in my early years, I felt insecure and felt like no one liked me. Once I put on makeup I learned to grow out of my shell a bit. It was like a mask, it hid what I did not want to see, say the bad part of myself. Once I learned more and conquered more in doing makeup, I felt even more confident and enthusiastic. I learned what dolling up did to me and made me realize I actually could look pretty to my eyes, and I wanted other girls to know that as well. They could be proud individuals and make their own decisions in life, whether they decided to put on their own "mask". A little bit can go a long way and you can dress up however you want! It's your body! And that is what makeup did for me.

• Try then decide

I've hated wearing make-up even though i looked lovely i feel as an alien to myself- who know you could look like this? I did not found it rewarding but now i will try it to myself for the future life and myself as financially stable person. Thank You! )

• Low Self-esteem issues

Not everyone are like me or others who are comfortable with the way we look. Some persons will use makeup as a way of gaining confidence in themselves. We can't blame, or look down on them because we are not in their shoes and we would probably do the same or even worse if we are. What we need to do is to help and courage these persons as to how to accept these persons just as they are and that we they feel the need to wear it, don't make it a lifestyle.

• It makes me feel better

• Empowering in what way?

I believe that makeup can be fun, and anyone who wants to wear it should. However, I can’t help but feel confused when a woman says that putting on hundreds of layers of chemicals on her face is “empowering”. Who is really gaining power; you, or the corporations who want you to consume and consume until you’re exhausted and have no money left in your pocket, just to fit into a standard of beauty that is nearly impossible to reach? Never mind the fact that the people who produce the makeup you wear are poor factory workers who although help in the process of creating them, will never have the luxury of wearing them themselves. Is it empowering to exploit those people? Is it empowering when 14-year-old girls, who are barely teenagers, put on heavy makeup in order to make themselves look older and “sexier”? A young teenager should not be focused on drastically changing her appearance; she should be worried about her education and discovering who she really is. How can a young girl build up self-esteem when she is focused on reaching perfection? Why isn’t it considered cruel when we strip girls of their childhood innocence, requiring them to focus on physical attributes rather than enjoying life and accepting themselves? This strange idea that makeup is empowering, which seems to be popular among feminist groups, is nothing but harmful. Mocking girls who have no time or money for that ideal look plastered all over the internet is awful as well, and in no way progressive, feminist, or empowering. Makeup is only there to enhance your physical appearance; isn't it better to focus on improving qualities such as intelligence, kindness, and talent?

• Empowering in what way?

• Make up exploits us

Buisnesses market and sell make up to us because they can make money off our insecurities. Society brainwashes us into thinking we need to look different to how we already look naturally and sell us products to fix our appearances that dont need fixing. They mask their greed by pretending to help us, when in reality they are the reason we need help to love ourselves

• Make up changes who you are

The thing about makeup is that it changes God's creation of you and you were made in his image. Makeup creates wholes in your confidence and when you don't have it on you are embarrassed. GOD CREATED YOU FOR YOU AND MAKEUP IS NOT NEEDED ON THE CREATED BEAUTIFUL FACE.

• Make up is a mask

The older I have got (now 47), the less I am inclined to wear. Do I think I've improved with age? He'll yeah. The reality is, however, my skin has more wrinkles, it's drier, yet I feel more beautiful than when I was 20 and I wear less make up. I no longer need to hide because I need nobody in my life that judges by looks alone. Free your skin! :-)

• Not everything you do is awesome and empowering.

Feeling more confident through makeup doesn't make it empowering, it only shows how much importance we place on a woman's appearance instead of far more significant traits, such as intelligence. Doing exactly what society wants you to do is not brave and does not empower you. You are not a special little snowflake that happens to worry about the exact things the world tells you to worry about out of sheer coincidence. Nobody cares if you like to wear makeup, just stop pushing the "empowerment" argument to justify it already.

• * absolutely NO!

Make up is just a lousy way to hide your skin because u are insecure. Be loud, proud, and happy of what you look like. Pimples come and go, make up damages your skin anyways. Special occasions is the only time you should wear make up. Its up to you.

• Makeup = For Physical Beauty Only

Makeup is used to physically impress someone else or to appear clean and beautiful--so how is this empowerment? No one looks at a made-up woman and says: Wow, she looks powerful today. Also, many work places require makeup. Do offices really want to make women feel empowered? Please! Furthermore, makeup de-powers women. Women think that they cannot be pretty without it.

• No, it teaches them to hide behind a mask.

Makeup, when used correctly, can help accentuate and highlight attractive features. However, it can also be used to cover up and hide the natural beauty of a person's features. Make up teaches young girls and women that they are imperfect and flawed and must use a product to fix themselves. It makes them a slave to fashion and teaches them that they are not beautiful unless they have perfect skin and such.