• Boosts confidence of young girls

I'm 14 years old and don't wear makeup. Most girls my age do, but I never understood why. I wore it today for the first time and my confidence went through the roof! I felt amazing all day and even my parents noticed how my mood had changed the minute I saw my reflection. Concealer, mascara, a brow pencil, lip balm. 4 products and 10 minutes gave me a confidence boost that will stay with me. Makeup has helped me so much, I can't believe only yesterday I was so insecure!

• Boosts confidence of young girls

• Boosts confidence of young girls

• Makeup instantly boosts my confidence

Its not about being ashamed of my natural face. I know I'm hot with or without makeup ;) But knowing my eyebrows are perfectly arched, my eyelashes are flared and luscious, and my cheekbones are shiny and chiselled, just instantly makes me feel like I could take on the world. Makeup is just a form of art and self-expression. Also, there isn't anything wrong if you like the way you look better with makeup.
    Thats kinda the point, isn't it? It enhances our features and makes them more distinct.

• Makeup for me, not the standard of beauty.

Makeup gives me the confidence I need to get through the day. It's not about the standard of beauty promoted by society; it's about being comfortable, confident, and bold in your skin. We all try to do little things, like do our hair, try new products, go shopping. Makeup is one of them. When I'm getting dressed, I don't think, "I hope my boyfriend appreciates my eye shadow." No, when I'm doing my makeup, I'm thinking "Man, my eyebrows are on fleek". It's that simple. Not all girls do their makeup to look better for other people, we do it for ourselves. So yes, I would completely agree that makeup empowers women.

• Confidence is key

Makeup is a way for you to gain confidence. It helps you see yourself as beautiful which is a good thing. It doesn't mean you're impressing someone besides yourself. It may also make you feel special and stand out. If a person wears makeup it may make them more happy and I don't think you want them to feel miserable and depressed because they don't feel good.

• Indeed, Makeup empowers women.

Makeup is a form of art. This allows an individual to express themselves with makeup. Makeup doesn't just boosts one's self confidence, it also helps those who have been bullied before in the past for their looks to overcome it. For those who thinks that makeup quickens the aging process and causes pimples, do some research. Makeup does NOT do all this. This only happens when you sleep with makeup on and don't clean your face properly when removing makeup.

Thankyou
    #makeupftw

• Kjshdvkljasdbvadklsbvg dryjrsyjksyjdtym ftyk

;dvuhasdoipvhyelvnqe9rgneqpjfhgakl'e[rgr g ge erg r r gr g rg g g g g g gg g g g ji j j j j j jh j j jg g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g

• Makes me feel good

I feel more confident, more attractive. I like the way I look without makeup, but it just makes me feel special when I am wearing it. I don't like that it takes time to put it on and to take it off. I love the way I can enhance my features with it.

• Make up is bae

Not all women are born with perfect looks, so people who argue that you should be happy with what god gave you are obviously already confident with there natural look. Which some people aren't, make up helps people get over self esteem issues which really can improve peoples lives forever,

• Empowering in what way?

I believe that makeup can be fun, and anyone who wants to wear it should. However, I can’t help but feel confused when a woman says that putting on hundreds of layers of chemicals on her face is “empowering”. Who is really gaining power; you, or the corporations who want you to consume and consume until you’re exhausted and have no money left in your pocket, just to fit into a standard of beauty that is nearly impossible to reach? Never mind the fact that the people who produce the makeup you wear are poor factory workers who although help in the process of creating them, will never have the luxury of wearing them themselves. Is it empowering to exploit those people? Is it empowering when 14-year-old girls, who are barely teenagers, put on heavy makeup in order to make themselves look older and “sexier”? A young teenager should not be focused on drastically changing her appearance; she should be worried about her education and discovering who she really is. How can a young girl build up self-esteem when she is focused on reaching perfection? Why isn’t it considered cruel when we strip girls of their childhood innocence, requiring them to focus on physical attributes rather than enjoying life and accepting themselves? This strange idea that makeup is empowering, which seems to be popular among feminist groups, is nothing but harmful. Mocking girls who have no time or money for that ideal look plastered all over the internet is awful as well, and in no way progressive, feminist, or empowering. Makeup is only there to enhance your physical appearance; isn't it better to focus on improving qualities such as intelligence, kindness, and talent?

• Empowering in what way?

• Make up exploits us

Buisnesses market and sell make up to us because they can make money off our insecurities. Society brainwashes us into thinking we need to look different to how we already look naturally and sell us products to fix our appearances that dont need fixing. They mask their greed by pretending to help us, when in reality they are the reason we need help to love ourselves

• Make up changes who you are

The thing about makeup is that it changes God's creation of you and you were made in his image. Makeup creates wholes in your confidence and when you don't have it on you are embarrassed. GOD CREATED YOU FOR YOU AND MAKEUP IS NOT NEEDED ON THE CREATED BEAUTIFUL FACE.

• Make up is a mask

The older I have got (now 47), the less I am inclined to wear. Do I think I've improved with age? He'll yeah. The reality is, however, my skin has more wrinkles, it's drier, yet I feel more beautiful than when I was 20 and I wear less make up. I no longer need to hide because I need nobody in my life that judges by looks alone. Free your skin! :-)

• Not everything you do is awesome and empowering.

Feeling more confident through makeup doesn't make it empowering, it only shows how much importance we place on a woman's appearance instead of far more significant traits, such as intelligence. Doing exactly what society wants you to do is not brave and does not empower you. You are not a special little snowflake that happens to worry about the exact things the world tells you to worry about out of sheer coincidence. Nobody cares if you like to wear makeup, just stop pushing the "empowerment" argument to justify it already.

• * absolutely NO!

Make up is just a lousy way to hide your skin because u are insecure. Be loud, proud, and happy of what you look like. Pimples come and go, make up damages your skin anyways. Special occasions is the only time you should wear make up. Its up to you.

• Makeup = For Physical Beauty Only

Makeup is used to physically impress someone else or to appear clean and beautiful--so how is this empowerment? No one looks at a made-up woman and says: Wow, she looks powerful today. Also, many work places require makeup. Do offices really want to make women feel empowered? Please! Furthermore, makeup de-powers women. Women think that they cannot be pretty without it.

• No, it teaches them to hide behind a mask.

Makeup, when used correctly, can help accentuate and highlight attractive features. However, it can also be used to cover up and hide the natural beauty of a person's features. Make up teaches young girls and women that they are imperfect and flawed and must use a product to fix themselves. It makes them a slave to fashion and teaches them that they are not beautiful unless they have perfect skin and such.

• Make up is not empowering women

Women do not wear make up to feel empowered. Women wear make up to look better and to feel better. Society has expected women to look their best, make up is just part of that. Being empowered comes from within. It is being strong enough to believe in what you do and what you say is important. It does not come from your clothes or from what you wear. It comes from your soul.