Does media consolidation restrict freedom of the press?

• Media consolidation means less viewpoints, which restricts freedom of the press.

Media consolidation restricts freedom of the press by limiting the number of viewpoints from the press. When the media is consolidated, the news is coming from a smaller group of people. This means that less people have a chance to express their own ideas. This definitely restricts freedom of the press.

• Yes, it does.

I do think that media consolidation restricts freedom of the press, and the reason for this is because news is being monopolized and taken over by people whose biases and slants are too strong. What this does is leave journalists pandering to on side of the aisle, and leaving citizens ignorant

• It Can Restrict

I believe it is reasonable to assume that media consolidation can restrict freedom of the press, but can also help ensure freedom of the press. With consolidation firms get larger which means they can help protect journalists from the injustices of their job. At the same time some media creators are biased and if they grow in size they can cut out other popular opinions due to their size.

• Media Consolidation has no limitaitons on who owns what.

There are so many different channels and different levels of the media, that it is hard to say, who really has the right to print what. Is there a way for any of us to truly say that there is a set limit on what is being printed by the press and who truly has the right to print it.

• No, I don't think media consolidation restricts the freedom of the press.

I think that media consolidation probably increases the power of the press because the news organization is now much larger and much stronger after consolidation, I think that media consolidation eliminates many of the small news organizations who may not have had access to certain events that the larger ones did.