• It works for many things and many purposes, not all.

I have experienced for myself and others how meditation offers a calm and centering, even relieving tension, pain and anxiety. It seems to make compassion more available. I do agree, however that it is not a panacea for all problems in life, nor is it for all people- Many people don't care for it and so maybe they do other things that have meditative qualities- maybe they don't- I have been researching meditation and relaxation exercises, and there haven't been good double blind studies- So is there enough proof?- maybe not, but I say yes from feeling what it does for me and others.

• Meditation may work for some people.

Many individuals claim meditation is beneficial for them. Studies have also claimed that meditation can have positive health benefits such as relieving stress. For those interested in meditation, it won't hurt to give it a try. If done correctly, it can have many positive effects - not just in health, but emotionally and spiritually as well.

• Yes it helps the mind be at rest.

Meditation does work in the same aspects that yoga works. Meditating allows one to relax, relieve stress and calm the body enough to a point where you can actually reach nirvana. As a working society we are always on the go while we drink caffeine and eat fast food. Getting to sit down and become one with your body, mind, smell, touch and quiet environment will increase your lifespan.

• Yes, meditation works.

When deciding if meditation works, you have to look at the reasons why a person would meditate. Meditation is a viable relaxation technique. It clears your mind and allows you to de-stress, calm your nerves, and turn your focus away from the hectic pace of everyday life. If you think "Meditation will help me solve this problem", that may not happen, because meditation is more about taking time away from problems.

• No, not for everything

I say no only because it does not work for every person and every situation. I think it is a great way to clear the mind and lower stress levels, but it doesn't work for each person. I think it is more of a personal choice towards holistic health. It is one worth exploring, but I will not say it works for everyone.