• Go to www.musictherapy.org

There is evidence to prove that music therapy works for everything from regulating heartbeat and breathing to helping steady walking or balance to regaining speech after a stroke to slowing deterioration of the brain related to dementia to easing stress, pain, depression, anxiety, grief, and more! This is not an opinion, it is fact.

• It does work for some individuals.

I think music therapy does work, for some individuals. It can help soothe peoples anxiety and also help with pain by taking the mind off the matter. Also it is effective for women during childbirth as a stress reliever and to help the woman relax. I am not saying it is for everyone but it does fit the mold for some people.

• Music therapy does work.

I believe that music therapy does work. Music is such a big part of our life, and we all have a favorite song or two. Soothing music can help relieve stress and relax us. In the health world, music therapists have been very successful helping with pain for cancer patients in hospitals or elderly people in nursing homes.

• It does not work for some individuals.

I think music therapy does not work, for most individuals. It can not help soothe peoples anxiety and also does not help with pain by taking the mind off the matter. Also it is not effective for women during childbirth as a stress reliever and to help women relax. I am saying it is for everyone but it does not fit the mold for some people.