Does not allowing women to fight in combat decrease the number of women who enlist in the military?

• Limits will always cause problems for recruitment.

Possibly it does. There is no reason to think that women could not fight just as well in our armed forces as men do. Lots of women want to serve their countries, but putting them in situations where they're basically office support staff in a uniform is insulting and degrading to their ambitions.

• Not allowing women to fight in combat will decrease the number of women who enlist in the military

Not allowing women to fight in combat will decrease the number of women who enlist in the military. This is because of the fact that many women will not join a military in which they aren't regarded among the same rank as men, and many women would only enlist in the military to fight in combat themselves.

• Women Want to Fight in Combat

The military has never allowed women to fight in actual combat, but new rules are now allowing these fighters into the war. In the past, such a restriction on women has undoubtedly caused fewer women to enlist in the military. Allowing women to fight is one major barrier that will make women enlist once it falls.

• Yes, I believe it does!

I believe that by not allowing women to fight in combat does decrease the number of women who enlist in the military. Women want equal rights, as we should. If you want to enlist in combat, you should be allowed to fight in the combat without having to be limited.

• Yes, it does!

I believe that not allowing women to fight in combat strongly decrease number of women who enlist in the military. Why would a woman want to bother joining if she can not fight in battle? Obviously if shes's joining, she's prepared to do the fighting. It's not right to limit them in any way.

• Yes, it does.

Women, just like men, enjoy having a more notable and active role in any event. We want to be able to say "I was there, I held the line" not "Yeah, they let me play with a water pump." This isn't to say that any one job is less worthy than the others, but women like to get into fights, too. And there most definitely IS a group of females out there who refuse to join because they will not be able to stand on equal footing with men, they will be treated as second class and banned from jobs they want.

• No I don't think so.

I do not think that allowing women to fight in combat would decrease the number of women who enlist in the military. I think that women who enlist are wanting to be equal to men and are prepared to fight when needed. I think that it would make more women enlist if anything.

• Women Simply Don't Want to Join

Perhaps it is a biological thing, but women simply just don't have the same impetus for joining the military as men do. Women have futures as mothers and not necessarily warriors. Killing someone on the battlefield is an adrenaline rush, partially fueled by testosterone coupled with a sense of duty and the need to be part of a team. Women have other things to look forward to, such as bearing children and being part of a family. Yes, this is a sexist view. But I think it rings true to some extent.

• No, it doesnt decrease the number of women who enlist.

A woman will enlist in the military is that is her wish. I do think, however, that as long as they don't have a child at home, they should be allowed to fight in combat. It should be their choice. A woman is just as capable as a man. The reason I said no children is because I think if the mother and father are deployed, only one should be allowed to fight. That way there are no orphans.