Does Obamacare Cover Children with Pre-Existing Conditions?

• Yes, finally the end of medical discrimination.

The Affordable Care Act, which we're now apparently and forever referring to as Obamacare, does indeed cover children with pre-existing conditions. In fact, it covers adults with such conditions as well. As someone with a child who has a pretty major pre-existing conditions, I'm grateful to Obamacare for finally ending medical discrimination against my son.

• Obamacare Covers Children With Pre-Existing Conditions

Fortunately, Obamacare does cover children with pre-existing conditions, along with adults in the same boat. The healthcare law mandates that insurers disregard pre-existing conditions and offer coverage to these individuals, which is a smart move. In the past, people have trouble getting coverage because insurers would deny them for these conditions.

• Yes, it does.

Yes, thankfully with the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), neither children nor adults can be denied insurance coverage for having a pre-existing condition anymore. Insurance companies can no longer turn anyone down for a pre-existing medical problem. Children are also now able to covered on their parent's insurance until they are 26 years old.

• Yes Obama care does cover that

Obama care is pretty inclusive of most issues. This includes children with pre existing conditions. They are not going to be denied coverage in any way. I don't like Obama care at all but at least this could be a benefit for some people who need it in the US.

• Yes it does.

As far as I know Obamacare covers EVERYONE with a pre-existing condition. I really don't see why children would be excluded. I am sure if they were I would have heard about it by now. Lots of children have illnesses and if they weren't included people would be making a big stink about it.

• Obamacare Covers Children with Pre-Existing Conditions

Yes, the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare, covers children with pre-existing conditions and this was in fact a major selling point for the Act. In addition, as of January 2014, it covers all individuals with pre-existing conditions, and as such, children are most certainly covered by the Act.

• They are people too

Quite frankly, I believe that everyone, no matter what their per-existing conditions, should be covered. ObamaCare is supposed to be for everyone, not just for the healthy people in this country. It is a government funded, which is funded by taxes from the people in the first place. If our government ran health insurance will not accept them, then no company will. It just makes sense.