• Outsourcing Works GLOBALLY

I do believe that outsourcing works on a global field, because it allows for faster globalization and mixing of cultures across the world. I am not sure, however, that it works from an individual firm's standpoint. Do the reduced costs in labor really outweigh the losses in quality and customer service?

• Yes, outsourcing really does work.

Outsourcing objectively works in that jobs are outsourced, and then are subsequently completed. Now, is outsourcing beneficial? Depends on who is answering the question. It is beneficial in the short term for short sighted corporations but does eventually come back to haunt them if it is adopted in mass. But objectively, outsourcing as a function, fulfills its designated function.

• Outsourcing Works GLOBALLY

• Outsourcing Helps Everyone in the 1st World and the 3rd World!

Outsourcing is an amazing contribution towards the 1st world for its lower prices but also towards 3rd world countries for helping provide jobs to those whose alternatives are socially unattractive.

Outsourcing does a lot more than people think. On the surface, it helps provide lower prices towards goods that, manufactured domestically, would be expensive and not affordable to consumers.

It, alongside free trade, also contributes to world peace, because now there is a greater interest and investment when it comes to dealing with nations.

• Outsourcing Works for the Economy

According to a research on offshore outsourcing by the Congressional Research Service: During the 2001 recession, U.S. Employers were advised to take advantage of outsourcing overseas that would enable them to generate good quality produce at much lower cost. This just goes to show how offshoring helps in the global economic flow. Http://ow.Ly/kaTnd

• Outsourcing is a crap shoot.

I have no problem with overseas competition. The problem is the real cost of software development from overseas. It actually can increase the cost of software development. I have been developing software and managing software development for over 25 years. More often then not, my companies received software that was developed over seas, the software needed to be rewritten as a result of so much miscommunication. Developing successful software is a difficult task when there are no cultural and language barriers. Add the issues with culture and language and you have the potential for a disaster. From my experience 1 of 3 projects was a success. The other 2 of 3 projects were a waste of time with the code received from over seas. I wish there was a better answer then I would use it. Unfortunately, the concept of outsourcing has been embellished by bean counters and people that are not intimate with software development. It's unfortunate that bean counters dictate short term profits which results in short sightedness in corporate USA.