• Support women's rights

There's no good reason in the 21st century for the government to not support an institution like Planned Parenthood. Birth control should not be a privilege, but a right, and a very important one in an age where teenagers are raising children because of improper sexual education, like abstinence only, which prevents nothing.

• Planned Parenthood is good

The entire argument about defunding Planned Parenthood is based on abortion. Abortion is an incredibly small portion of the business performed by the company. Along with performing what is a necessary procedure to be available, Planned Parenthood also promotes a number of sexual heath and educational programs and treatments. Those programs and treatments are not available in many other places. If the conservatives in this country what to build an argument to kill Planned Parenthood because their religious views don't support abortion, a view not even supported by the Bible which repeatedly features the killing of infants, then they should step up and offer alternatives to the educational and treatment programs of Planned Parenthood. To date, they have been completely unwilling to even approach the possibility of adding safe sex education to schools, a system proven to limit unwanted pregnancies, rather than preaching abstinence, a system proven to fail for thousands of years.

• Yes It Does

I believe Planned Parenthood deserves federal funds. I believe Planned Parenthood offers services that people need and use on a regular basis. The mostly provide contraception, but they offer many other services that are viable and useful for a community. I know there are people out there who are against Planned Parenthood, however there's no reason for their beliefs to stop someone else from obtaining services they feel they need.

• The government should not be in the abortion business

As a pro-life Christian Republican I whole heartedly believe that Planned Parenthood needs to be defunded. I also believe that abortion needs to be abolished 100%.

Proponents of Planned Parenthood claim that the videos are heavily edited and for that reason they shouldn't be used against the organization. Well, no duh the videos are heavily edited. They took 17 hours of footage and cut it down to a few three minute videos. Secondly, an independent organization conducted a thorough investigation of the videos and concluded that they were not tampered with at all thus disproving the claim made by proponents to Planned Parenthood.

There are plenty of other women's health centers that deserve federal fund that don't perform abortions. As a women I understand that women's health is incredibly important but I don't want my tax dollars funding an organization that murders innocent children.

Planned Parenthood doesn't even perform mammogram screenings! There are other women's health centers that do perform these services in addition to a multitude of others thus making Planned Parenthood irrelevant and unnecessary especially given the fact that other health clinics out number them.

• They should not be funded

• No, with the funds rerouted to alternatives.

Like the preceding arguments, I also argue Planned Parenthood is not deserving of federal funding. Most who disagree with this argument will say that federally defunding PP is an "attack on women" and "controlling their bodies", however, the little credibility these statements have are outweighed by the right of the taxpayers who should not have to pay for these inhumane, possibly against their faith, and definitely questionably illegal. The bill that was recently brought through the US Senate included the rerouting of funds to expand other non-problematic services (that PP also offers) to hospitals and other organizations who are not actively political like PP.

• NO it doesn't

Many people do not want their taxpayer money going to abortions and cruel and inhumane baby organ harvesting that takes place. Whether you are Pro - Life or Choice, this is cruel and no one should be forced to pay for these things through their taxpayer dollars. This is about disassociating the public from P.P., if they want to continue let them fund and fend for themselves like other organizations

• It is too political.

Planned Parenthood has a political wing that actively involves itself in elections. By giving an organization with a political agenda money, the government is supporting their agenda (unlimited, unrestricted abortion). There is no good reason to give them money. If the government wants to give a non-political organization that gives out birth-control money, then it can do so. Imagine if federal funds went to some religious charity that also supported socially conservative candidates. Would the people who defend giving planned parenthood cash defend giving money to a politically active anti-abortion organization?

• Planned Parenthood should not receive Federal Funding.

There are three reasons Planned Parenthood should not be funded by the Feds. First, their activities actually are based on a particular religious world view and the feds are forbidden from endorsing and funding any particular religion. Second, funding it continues the growth of the Federal Government, diminishing the overall freedom within our society. Third, any Federal program grows and becomes resistant to budgetary control to an extent that it should be authorized only in cases where the states clearly can not manage the job themselves.