• Yes rational Women benefit

Only radical feminist believe that women don't benefit and polygamy is to satisfy men!S sexual appetite, that is only bull. CONSENTING ADULTS are the only ones deserve to in any given relationship.
    Enough with BS trying to demonize men as if they are the source of all agony. I think it is belittling and demeaning to women who are happily living together with their significant others and their children.
    Men are not candies or piece of chocolate need to be shared. Narcissistic Women can't share simply because they can't see beyond themselves.
    Polygyny and polyandry are vital especially in many communities..

• Yes rational Women benefit

• Of Course it does

Women outnumber male in the US by about 6 million. If we go with the ideology of one man and one women and the market was saturated, what happens to those 6 million women who don't have a husband? That is why women should be grateful to have a husband

• It depends on the definition

According to a dictionary, polygamy is the practice of having more than 1 husband, or wife. There are many ways they can benefit, as long as their husband(s) respect them. For example, a woman would live a higher quality life because of polygamy. Instead of being the only wife of the average man, she could be a secondary wife of a wealthy man. She'd then live in a big, and nice house.

• Except in China, there are more eligible women than men. Solution? Polygamy.

It's about freedom to choose. I'm not talking about the "marriage" of 14 year olds to 40 year old men. I'm talking about adults who freely choose to cohabit ate in this manner. These arrangements allow a woman to live in a family environment, have a husband and a support group. There are more eligible women than eligible men in most demographic groups, so what to do with the "excess" women? Tell them to seek same sex partners? What if that is not their taste? Polygamy is a viable option for some people.

• Yes, Polygamy Does Benefit Women.

Polygamy helps women in that it ensures the man is spending equal amounts of time between each woman and family. It takes an aggressive male out of the picture for the majority of the time and allows the woman to live the life she chooses while having all the benefits of the man and none of the negatives.

• No, Definitely Not

A man can have sex all the time and never have to worry about silly things like "getting pregnancy" or "caring for a child". Since polygamy is almost always a man with many woman partners, not the other way around, his attention will be divided among his partners, leading to some being his "favorites" and others just being sexual partners who he doesn't care about on an emotional level.

• Polygamy was invented by MEN to benefit MEN!

Oh sure! I can't wait to get MARRIED and become a STARVED FOR ATTENTION, IMPOVERISHED, SINGLE PARENT who suffers in silent anguish almost EVERY single night of my life while my husband makes love AND babies with another woman right down the hall. RESEARCH SHOWS that Polygamist fathers rarely support the families they create unless they are a leader in their Polygamist Community and IN THIS CASE, I can look forward to being molested & raped as a little girl within this community by one or more of my nasty male relatives and then FORCED to marry a half brother, old uncle or some other disgusting male relative that beats, starves & isolates me from EVERYONE including my children for extended lengths of time or until I learn that "YES, MASTER!" are the only words that will keep me alive. I look forward to being refused dental, physician & hospital care for myself AND for my children NO MATTER HOW SERIOUS THE ILLNESS OR INJURY! And, last but not least I really, really can't wait to watch my son MARRY HIS OWN SISTER or silently stand by while my little girl is molested & raped within the same community that I am apart of and then HAPPILY hand over my baby girl to an OLD man to abuse just like I was. How does a Polygamist MOTHER live with herself? I would commit murder to keep my children safe or die trying!!!

• No, polygamy harms women.

Polygamy does not benefit women in any conceivable way. Since male attention has to be divided between multiple partners, there is no way that the average female would be able to get the same kind of love and affection that can be found in a monogamous relationship. Polygamy is always wrong.

• Polygamy harms women

Only the first, legal wife and her children are entitled to share in her husband's health insurance, life insurance, pension benefits, dental insurance and tax benefits. The remaining women are nothing more than concubines in the man's harem, and they and their children are not legally entitled to anything, thus impoverishing themselves and their children. This is why Women Living Under Muslim Law are petitioning their governments to end polygamy, and who would know better than they? Polygamy is an ancient misogynistic practice from the dark ages when women were nothing more than chattel. It's way past time to kick it into the garbage can of history.

• No, But It Depends On The Definition of Polygamy

The sort of polygamy practiced by highly conservative followers of the Mormon faith does not help women at all. It imprisons them in a sort of slavery that demeans them. However, there are other types that are routinely practiced every day. Some women willingly choose to be in menage living arrangements, but they do not call their poly-amorous situation polygamy.

Posted by: rpr